Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Need to fix a gap asap

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 11:27 PM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

Default Need to fix a gap asap

I just put my new hood on and plan on getting it painted next week but on my drivers side I have a minimal gap that needs to be fixed. The hood fits perfect with the exception of this gap. A lot of peopl would be satisfied with it but i'm not and can't overlook it. Well all ideas will be great. I only have one picture of it so hopefully you can make it out. Thanks.

[/IMG]
Old 02-16-2008, 11:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

The gap between the headlight door and the hood correct? I think you can adjust the headlight door a little, I read that on here someplace.

Also (not to make things harder for you ) I'm noticing the hood isn't completely straight...the front part of it needs moved over to the driver side slightly. Notice the line from the bumper next to the passenger light to the hood isn't quite straight (hood line sticks over slightly) while on the driver side same spot the hood line is set inward slightly.

I'm guessing just scoot that over a little, play with the driver side headlight door, and you should be good to go!
Old 02-16-2008, 11:52 PM
10 Second Club

Yeah I do see what you are talking about. We'll try to play with the headlight more. The biggest problem is to the left of the headlight where that little strip is not meeting up with the hood.
Old 02-16-2008, 11:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Ah I see that now. Does it sit higher or just farther back? Hard to tell in the pic. Maybe that side just needs dropped a bit?

Mind you I've never adjusted a hood (just other appearance stuff on random things that bug me to death lol) so I don't know what to adjust exactly. If I was doing it I'd probably just fiddle with everything for hours lol until I got it. Perhaps someone with real hood experience can help you better.

I'm going to bed, it's late here, 1AM. Plus I have the flu, what am I still doing up...
Old 02-17-2008, 12:33 AM
10 Second Club

It need to go back
Old 02-17-2008, 12:33 AM
10 Second Club

Everything sits flush
Old 02-17-2008, 07:33 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

seems like your headlight is more out of wack then the hood, there the headlight meets the bumper on the side its tight as hell....but it looks the hood also doesnt come over to the bumper enough either for the same spot, to me it looks like the whole hood needs to go to the drivers side, then take off the headlight cover and youll see i think 4 maybe 5 torx screws, loosen them a little and slide it to the drivers a little you may need to tighten 1 screw and adjust so it stays and just keep setting the cover on until it lines up where you want it. if the hood doesnt line up in the back the rear fenders adjust in the corner by the window but I cant see your gaps from your fenders to your doors. There is so much adjustment on these cars its not even funny youll go crazy w/o patience and time. Is the hood aftermarket? Was it wrecked?
Old 02-17-2008, 07:36 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Actually you may get it "good enoguh" if you do what I said ^^ just with the headlight, it kinda looks like it needs to be turned a little counter clockwise..theres up and down adjustment also if it is higher them the fender ot hood.....dont you have to take it off to paint it? If you do then dont bother you already wasted your time as soon as you unbolt it you will need to start right from square probably even if you mark the bolts.
Old 02-17-2008, 11:53 AM
10 Second Club

Yeah your right its getting painted friday. No the car was never wrecked and the hood is aftermarket. I guess i'll have to wait and see what happens after its painted and we put it on again to adjust it. Thanks