Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

help fixing wrecked bird :(

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 04:45 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help fixing wrecked bird :(

so i wrecked the front of my car the other week and its not too bad the front bumper cover is warped and broke in two spots and the fog light brackets look messed up and the hood delaminated right under the nostrils (ws6 hood) and the head lights are tweaked and the passenger fender is also messed up but i cant get the hood open and the motor runs fine but i want to open the hood to removed everything to fix it!! so i dont know why the hood wont pop i cant grab the handle under the hood the bumper cover is up and over that but it seems like the hood is unlatched but i was yanking on it and cant get it up! so i was thinking that removing the bumper cover would work great ! it needs to come off anyways cause its jacked right? i havnt looked at the mounting for it yet but isnt the some of the bolts on top and need the hood popped to take it off? i just need some input to fix my ride! maybe where and how many bolts there are on the bumper cover and the fenders and suggestions for removal?
Old 03-22-2008, 09:16 PM
Staging Lane

you could get most of the bumper off, but there is some clips on the top that you will not be able to get out with the hood down. when you pull the hood relase does it pull hard like its pinched under the hood?? or free like its broke?? if you unbolt the bumper to the fenders (from the bottom after you unbolt the splash shield) you might be able to pull the bumper out far enough to get your hand up there and pop the latch by hand. if not then you will might just have to cut the bumper its messed up already and your gona replace it. good luck with it, there pretty easy to take off though.
Old 03-23-2008, 10:20 AM
TECH Regular

thanks a lot so how many bolts are there on it?
Old 04-01-2008, 01:15 PM
TECH Regular

so i dont have pictures yet maybe next week but its worse than i thought the look from the top the crossmember that supports the bottom of the air lid and i think the radiater and ac condenser are attatched to it, looks bent and from underneath the car the bottom cross member that runs across is pretty mangled ill get pictures but how hard is it to fix these, and where do you measure or look from to see if your frame is bent... i have a feeling the bottom crossmember is not a good sign anybody know where the front of a 98ish firebird is? lol any input guys? what kind of cash could one maybe get for a car like this.