Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

raammat - ing my interior

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 10:31 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You won't be disapointed. I have 160 sq/ft of Raammat in my car and 6 sq/yds of their sound deadening foam mat. I put two layers over the entire car and three layers over all the parts that would be more prone to road and exhaust noise.

http://www.projectcamaro.com/forum/s...19&postcount=1
Old 05-24-2008, 11:42 AM
On The Tree

wow great job
Old 05-24-2008, 12:05 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Second skin , goes on purple dries dark grey

raamat

Ensolite foam

Dont forget the doors..LOL

good place for crossovers
Old 05-27-2008, 02:46 PM
TECH Resident

I did the "home depot" special stuff on the TA before I found out about raammat.

I ended up doing the bxt & the ensolite on my beater toyota truck. It makes a *huge* difference. I basically did everything but the roof. Made my 15 year old toy sound like a mercedes rather than a tin can on wheels. I highly recommend it... Some day, I'll go back and redo the TA...

Stripped:

BXT'ed:

Ensolited:

More pics here:
Old 05-28-2008, 09:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Shane
I did the "home depot" special stuff on the TA before I found out about raammat.

I ended up doing the bxt & the ensolite on my beater toyota truck. It makes a *huge* difference. I basically did everything but the roof. Made my 15 year old toy sound like a mercedes rather than a tin can on wheels. I highly recommend it... Some day, I'll go back and redo the TA...

Stripped:

BXT'ed:

Ensolited:

More pics here:

damn that looks nice ! sticks real well huh... bxt and ensolite will prob be my next job
Old 05-28-2008, 09:51 AM
Banned

You use spray glue to hold the ensolite down. The surafce of the car needs to be cleaned as well before the butyl matting goes down. It helps for adhesion. Use a chemical to wipe it clean first, laquer thinner works best. Just dust off the metal with it on a rag and your good to go. Also the warmer the day the better the intial adhesion, its like roofing tar on thick tin foil and you know tar likes warm weather to be maliable more than cold weather.
Old 06-13-2008, 06:08 PM
Staging Lane

Hey guys, I just placed my order. I had some family issues come up, so I had to postpone the project for a little bit. But the stuff is on its way here and when it gets it, ill start up the pics. i already have every single piece of the interior out except the seats and seat belts. it looks like my car got parted out cuz its so bare right now. lol. pics comin soon. ill let you know when it gets in!
Old 06-17-2008, 11:01 PM
Staging Lane

package is being delivered tomorrow. suspense is killing me!
Old 06-17-2008, 11:17 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

99blancoSS. . .how quiet is the inside of your car now? Seriously!
Old 06-18-2008, 07:36 AM
TECH Resident

Have fun wkd...
Old 06-21-2008, 04:40 AM
Launching!

Man how do you guys lay it do so uniformly and cover everything perfectly?

Oh and anyone wanna report on their post-sound deadening results? I really wanna do this, I just don't have a garage to do it in so I might have to borrow someone's and knock the entire job out in 1 day or 2

Also, lets say if you got Arizen seats would the new brackets interfere with the sound deadening? If it does, can you go over it with an exacto knife and peel it off or is it a major PITA to remove sections of it?
Old 06-21-2008, 05:27 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Duffster
99blancoSS. . .how quiet is the inside of your car now? Seriously!
Its a lot less noisy, but the thing is you cant hear my stereo outside the car very well. LT's poly mounts everywhere and rods ends transfer a lot of noise. I cant quantify a number but I know it makes difference. Is it like stepping into a sound chamber? No, its still an fbody with a racing motor in it with headers and a semi race suspension. But it does make a difference. some might expect complete deafness, its not like that, it cuts down on the sound and mutes it some but doesnt eliminate it all together,
Old 06-21-2008, 05:30 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by I Go To Costco
Man how do you guys lay it do so uniformly and cover everything perfectly?

Oh and anyone wanna report on their post-sound deadening results? I really wanna do this, I just don't have a garage to do it in so I might have to borrow someone's and knock the entire job out in 1 day or 2

Also, lets say if you got Arizen seats would the new brackets interfere with the sound deadening? If it does, can you go over it with an exacto knife and peel it off or is it a major PITA to remove sections of it?
You use a roller and your fingers to press it into the nooks and cranny's, yes you cut out where you need to remove and it peal it away, not that big of a deal. You might need top scrape it some if its been there a while and stuck on really really good
Old 06-21-2008, 06:53 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I did it with eDead Soundeadener and it works great! Alot quieter inside the car now.
Old 06-22-2008, 10:38 PM
Staging Lane

install comes wednesday in the am. got a big test im studying for tuesday, so right after thats done - im starting.
Old 06-23-2008, 11:45 PM
Staging Lane

Default Day 1

I got a late start since I had a mid-day client. Here's my pics from day one. I'll prob finish tomorrow.

I haven't really gotten down uploading full sized pictures so here are my thumbnails from day 1.

Taking out the interior was pretty easy - the hardest part was taking off the window crank handle. I just popped it out with a flat head. Other than that, it was just unbolted and finding a place to store all the extra crap that came out of the car. That's fun in a tiny apartment! haha.

If anyone has questions on how to take anything out - just reply or PM me.
Attached Thumbnails raammat - ing my interior-pic-1.jpg   raammat - ing my interior-pic-2.jpg   raammat - ing my interior-pic-3.jpg   raammat - ing my interior-pic-4.jpg   raammat - ing my interior-pic-5.jpg  

raammat - ing my interior-pic-6.jpg   raammat - ing my interior-pic-7.jpg   raammat - ing my interior-pic-8.jpg   raammat - ing my interior-pic-9.jpg   raammat - ing my interior-pic-10.jpg  

Old 06-23-2008, 11:58 PM
Staging Lane

a couple more pics

first thing a did was the tranny tunnel. then moved on to the doors. put a double layer on the outer skin (through the holes in the door) and a single on the inner portion. for the last touch on the doors, i stuck some of the raammat directly to the back of the panels. In the trunk I only have one layer of everything down so far, but I can already tell a huge difference!
Attached Thumbnails raammat - ing my interior-pic-11.jpg   raammat - ing my interior-pic-12.jpg   raammat - ing my interior-pic-13.jpg   raammat - ing my interior-pic-14.jpg   raammat - ing my interior-pic-15.jpg  

raammat - ing my interior-pic-16.jpg   raammat - ing my interior-pic-17.jpg   raammat - ing my interior-pic-18.jpg   raammat - ing my interior-pic-19.jpg   raammat - ing my interior-pic-20.jpg  

Old 06-24-2008, 12:09 AM
Staging Lane

these were the last of the pictures i took today. ill finish up the rest tomorrow morning. threw in a shot i took after i did the headliner.

btw - if you do the headliner, the extra material will weigh it down. i put some velcro up there to make everything right again. cant wait to see how all this does in the end. see you again tomorrow.

and hopefully not so burnt~!

i need a drink now
Attached Thumbnails raammat - ing my interior-pic-21.jpg   raammat - ing my interior-pic-22.jpg   raammat - ing my interior-pic-23.jpg   raammat - ing my interior-pic-24.jpg   raammat - ing my interior-pic-25.jpg  

raammat - ing my interior-pic-26.jpg  
Old 06-24-2008, 01:35 AM
Banned

cover that hole in the door panel, it makes a difference in the sound coming for the door speaker. also you'll find it doesnt go back together easy sometimes, you might have to trim some matting away on the plastic peices
Old 06-24-2008, 05:26 PM
TECH Resident

Looks good...you're going to love it...

Quick Reply: raammat - ing my interior