Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Progress of the flames....finally :D

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 10:29 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

do you know what they guys user name is? so i could look him up?
Old 06-23-2008, 07:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah sorry...I was in a hurry to go out to GM nationals and didnt put the info.

His name is Jimi..... JimiZee028@aol.com
Old 06-23-2008, 06:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Update.... the car still isnt done but will be tomorrow. They cleared it then will wetsand and buff tomorrow. When I called to see if it was done I asked if I could at least come up and see it. The girl working there said it was still in the paint booth and wouldnt be out till later in the day. About an hour later she called me back and said it was out and if we wanted to come up we could.

I nearly fell on the floor when I saw it because it looks sooooo awesome!! Amazing what the pinstriping and shadow along with clear has done

Tell me what ya think

Old 06-23-2008, 07:04 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 06-23-2008, 07:56 PM
TECH Addict

Can't wait to see the final product out in the sun but that hood looks so much better than the old one.
Old 06-23-2008, 08:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

I've never been a big fan of flames but I can surely appreciate the quality of the work. Your car is going to look freakin' amazing.
Old 06-23-2008, 10:02 PM
9 Second Club

That looks great. I sometimes wonder if we should have put a little shadowing on my car also.
Old 06-24-2008, 01:10 AM
TECH Regular

Wow, that looks plain sick !! I'm not usually a fan of that hood. But i think the flames compliment the hood alot .. good job
Old 06-24-2008, 08:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks guys . I'm really happy with how they turned out! Again amazing how the shadowing and pinstriping made a world of difference from when I saw it last. Yes definetly this hood is better then the stock one I had . I hope to have pics of the car with the hood on tonight.

Last edited by Flamin' bird; 06-24-2008 at 10:56 AM.
Old 06-24-2008, 09:07 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

WOW! Those flames really pop! Congrats, i bet your very excited

Featuring 6 different turbo kits for your F-body!
Check us out on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/HuronSpeed
Old 06-24-2008, 11:09 AM
TECH Regular

Things just keep gettin better and better!
Old 06-24-2008, 12:52 PM
12 Second Club

Looks killer. Now get it back on the car & get some full car shots for us.
Old 06-24-2008, 01:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

I will....whenever I get the car . It's still not done today
Old 06-24-2008, 01:38 PM
TECH Regular

Nice Job
Old 06-24-2008, 05:56 PM

That is absolutely GORGEOUS. Flames will never get old... if you dont mind a humble Rhode Islander asking... how much does somethin like that run?? Id love to do my GTO up with some flames...
Old 06-24-2008, 06:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by PatrizioD
That is absolutely GORGEOUS. Flames will never get old... if you dont mind a humble Rhode Islander asking... how much does somethin like that run?? Id love to do my GTO up with some flames...

Thanks very much . The flaming of cars runs in the family because my mom had them on her Mach 1 when I was just 6 yrs old. I LOVED that car!! Anyway the hood is now costing me $1400 but to do a whole flame job now would be about $3000. Back in 2002 it cost me $1400 for everything. You should get some flames on the GTO...that would be so cool!!

On another note my car wont be back home till tomorrow and I'm pretty pissed. The owner told me yesterday they'd call me when the car was ready. I heard nothing from them and didnt call them since I've been calling them alot. Well 5pm came and time for me to leave work so while I was waiting for the lady I carpool with I called them to see what was up. The girl there....michelle ironically..told me that one of my hood struts froze and they had to order a new one but it would be in tomorrow. I said how could it freeze? She said "oh well it did and they couldnt close the hood. I had my b/f call the shop to see what they'd tell him. They said they are charging me $53 for the damn strut. THATS CRAZY!! I didnt tell them to get me a new hood strut nor did they ever call me to tell me it was broke! I can bet that she was suppose to call me and never did. The reason I say that is because last week I was told the flames would be taped up Tuesday night so I took off work early and drove up there for nothing and no flames were taped. she acted like she didnt have a clue as to what was going on with the car at that time. I was mad about it. George the owner wasnt there but when I saw him two days later he apologized and said she was suppose to call. I honestly cant believe they would just NOT call knowing the car was to be done and has been delayed a week already. I am not going to pay them the $53 they said ONE strut cost. Plus the hood can be closed without the strut. I am so mad!! Bad enough it's $500 more but then to add this on top of it??
Old 06-24-2008, 07:20 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Flamin' bird
Thanks very much . The flaming of cars runs in the family because my mom had them on her Mach 1 when I was just 6 yrs old. I LOVED that car!! Anyway the hood is now costing me $1400 but to do a whole flame job now would be about $3000. Back in 2002 it cost me $1400 for everything. You should get some flames on the GTO...that would be so cool!!

On another note my car wont be back home till tomorrow and I'm pretty pissed. The owner told me yesterday they'd call me when the car was ready. I heard nothing from them and didnt call them since I've been calling them alot. Well 5pm came and time for me to leave work so while I was waiting for the lady I carpool with I called them to see what was up. The girl there....michelle ironically..told me that one of my hood struts froze and they had to order a new one but it would be in tomorrow. I said how could it freeze? She said "oh well it did and they couldnt close the hood. I had my b/f call the shop to see what they'd tell him. They said they are charging me $53 for the damn strut. THATS CRAZY!! I didnt tell them to get me a new hood strut nor did they ever call me to tell me it was broke! I can bet that she was suppose to call me and never did. The reason I say that is because last week I was told the flames would be taped up Tuesday night so I took off work early and drove up there for nothing and no flames were taped. she acted like she didnt have a clue as to what was going on with the car at that time. I was mad about it. George the owner wasnt there but when I saw him two days later he apologized and said she was suppose to call. I honestly cant believe they would just NOT call knowing the car was to be done and has been delayed a week already. I am not going to pay them the $53 they said ONE strut cost. Plus the hood can be closed without the strut. I am so mad!! Bad enough it's $500 more but then to add this on top of it??
**** them. You did not authorize repairs on your car, you paid for ******* paint. THATS IT. Hood won't close, take the broken **** off and send the car on it's way.

Don't let them take you for a ride. Tomorrow it's going to be something else. Be polite and tell them to kiss your ***.
Old 06-24-2008, 07:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by phantomzer0
**** them. You did not authorize repairs on your car, you paid for ******* paint. THATS IT. Hood won't close, take the broken **** off and send the car on it's way.

Don't let them take you for a ride. Tomorrow it's going to be something else. Be polite and tell them to kiss your ***.
Yeah, then ask them "how does my *** taste?" LOL

If you don't know what I'm talking about google it and watch the video.
Old 06-24-2008, 07:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

That hood looks amazing. The shadow and penstriping is just great. Cant wait to see it out in the sun.
Old 06-24-2008, 08:05 PM
TECH Addict

that hood looks good

Quick Reply: Progress of the flames....finally :D