Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Progress of the flames....finally :D

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 07:46 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 98redM6
Yeah, then ask them "how does my *** taste?" LOL

If you don't know what I'm talking about google it and watch the video.
Go Shaq! hahahah

But yea, Michelle, don't take that, its ridiculous, and thats on top of the extra cost already...
Old 06-25-2008, 08:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought I'd say "I usually get a kiss before I get screwed" . It sure does suck and I'm not paying the extra money. If they get rotten about it I'll take the damn strut off, hand it to them and walk away. I would also like to give the bird too. My car was up there to be painted....not for parts to be replaced. Even if I had the car at a shop for repairs they'd call when something else needed replaced. I'll be calling shortly so I can talk with the owner.
Old 06-25-2008, 09:54 AM
11 Second Club

The newest pics of the hood all cleared look amazing, those colors just pop. They did a really good job on that hood. Sorry to hear about your latest mishap with the strut, you just can't get a break lately. Car is going to look incredible once that hood is installed.
Old 06-25-2008, 11:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks Jeff. I am very happy with how the hood turned out but now just mad at them. I called on my break and George the owner wasn't there...just the Michelle. I told her I was pretty upset about how they handled everything and asked why she didnt call me. She said "well it was late in the day and I had to make a decision" I said well you should've called because I cant afford anymore..the flames are already more then I can really afford". I mean does she think I just have the extra $500 sitting around then add more on top? I'm not rich. When I told her I couldnt afford more she said in a snippy attitude "ok fine then we wont put the strut on" I swear George wouldnt like how she is handling things and see I was right...he wasnt even in the shop yesterday and that's why everything went the way it went. She's got a terrible attitude.
Old 06-25-2008, 07:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Welp I got the car and it looks great!!! I didnt get home in time to take pics of it in the sun....should've taken the camera up with me to the shop because it was sitting in the sun when I got there. Thankfully George was in the shop and that girl wasnt. He gave me the strut for free and wants to redo the doors where the clear is chipping from the previous painter's crappy work. And just as I thought...George never knew what was going on with the hood and the strut. He didnt know till this afternoon. And as I sort of suspected the girl was all the trouble. She should've called he said but he didnt know what was going on. He apologized for her and said he has problems with her when women come into the shop....attractive women that she gets jealous of . That is sad because I didnt flaunt myself around there..I'm pretty humble and I was very nice with everyone even to her when I was up there the first few times. I noticed she would sorta smile then give me a dirty look when I turned. I think that's ashame that she is that way because it doesnt make for good business. I told him that I was pretty mad at her for what she did and how her attitude was. I said if you want a someone to work in here that wont be that way let me know Tomorrow I'll take the car out and get some pics of it in the sun and this weekend too

Last edited by Flamin' bird; 06-25-2008 at 08:07 PM.
Old 06-25-2008, 09:50 PM
9 Second Club

Thats cool you finally got your car back. It sounds like he's going to work with you on the doors alittle to try and make up for the crap you got. But if that girl worked for me, I'd have two words for her. "YOUR FIRED!!!" I'd never put up with an employee thats like that. I've fired my employees just for smelling like pot. It's just going to cost customers in the long run by keeping those kind of people around.
Old 06-25-2008, 10:02 PM
TECH Junkie

lookin awesome. your car looks so damn good. i really like seeing custom paint jobs on f-bodies, especially bold ones that work really well.
Old 06-25-2008, 10:08 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Flamin' bird
Welp I got the car and it looks great!!! I didnt get home in time to take pics of it in the sun....
waiting in anticipation for sunrise!
Old 06-26-2008, 07:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Jeff..I agree the girl shouldnt be working there anymore with that kind of attitude. They'll loose customers because of her.

Thanks for the compliments torque and phoenix. It's turning out to be an overcast day so I may not be able to get any pics today . Also now I gotta start working on getting the interior to where I want it to be. Probably by fall I'll have that done....or next spring. Oh and now after seeing the rest of the car with the new paint the side birds that were painted in 2002 look really bad and so faded. I plan on getting them redone too.
Old 06-26-2008, 08:57 AM
TECH Regular

Jeff..I agree the girl shouldnt be working there anymore with that kind of attitude. They'll loose customers because of her.

Thanks for the compliments torque and phoenix. It's turning out to be an overcast day so I may not be able to get any pics today . Also now I gotta start working on getting the interior to where I want it to be. Probably by fall I'll have that done....or next spring. Oh and now after seeing the rest of the car with the new paint the side birds that were painted in 2002 look really bad and so faded. I plan on getting them redone too.
Picky picky sheesh!

Looks great and glad George worked it out with ya

We should get all the cars together for a shoot some time when Im not workin weekends Let me know!
Old 06-26-2008, 10:39 AM
TECH Regular

Hey! Congrats on making POTM voting!

Wish I had made it
Old 06-26-2008, 11:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Funny Jason . I didnt know I made POTM voting...I'll have to go lookie! Thanks for the compliments on the car and the whole ordeal. How about you just let us know when you are working because we can always fit in a photography outing. Would be cool!! In fact Tim and I would like to get a bunch of fbodies together like we did last summer.
Old 06-27-2008, 02:49 PM
TECH Regular

Yea well this weekend is out cause Im working full days + OT till next thurs then the 4th is ridiculously busy for me with family. The weekend after that may be possible but I may have friends coming into town to stay with me. Ahhh so busy. Ill let yall know though!
Old 06-27-2008, 06:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ok well just let me know and we'll try to get some other fbods together. There is a really cool place right outside of Manassas to take some photos.
Old 06-27-2008, 06:39 PM
Banned Village Idiot

WOW that looks sexy!!!!!
Old 06-27-2008, 06:43 PM
Launching!

Car looks great. Did you talk to the owner about the extra $400 that they wanted, and did not quote you?
Old 06-27-2008, 07:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

I did talk about the extra money but it was the graphic guy that he had to pay so the bodyshop didnt get it.. the graphic guy did as I found out. I met him the night I picked up the car. He's about 60 something and has been doing this for eons he said. He's going to cut me a deal though on the side birds that are badly faded and re-clearing the door moldings later in the fall.

Here's a sneak pic of what the car looks like all put together. I took some quick shots on my way home tonight. Nothing special but more pics to come later this weekend

Last edited by Flamin' bird; 06-27-2008 at 07:15 PM.
Old 06-27-2008, 07:27 PM
12 Second Club

Ok well just let me know and we'll try to get some other fbods together. There is a really cool place right outside of Manassas to take some photos.
Can I bring the twinkie?

I'm not parking anywhere near your car though. That looks incredible!!
Old 06-27-2008, 07:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yes Dave most certainly!! We need to get a bunch of us all together. It will have to be on a Sunday though since Tim works Saturdays now ALL DAY
Old 06-28-2008, 02:56 AM
11 Second Club

So sexy!!!
Those really did come out very nice.

Quick Reply: Progress of the flames....finally :D