Notices
Parts Classifieds This an archive of the older parts classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Pioneer F90-BT IN-Dash Navigation/DVD Head Unit

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 12:06 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Pioneer F90-BT IN-Dash Navigation/DVD Head Unit

Category: Audio/Video/Electronics
Price: $450
Part Fits: 2010+ Camaro, 93-02 Chevrolet Camaro, 93-02 Pontiac Firebird, Corvette, 04-06 Pontiac GTO, 04+ Cadillac CTS-V, 67-92 Chevrolet Camaro, 67-92 Pontiac Firebird, Front wheel drive vehicles
Location (State): IN
Item Condition: Used
Shipping Information: Item Can be Shipped
Engine: LS2/LS3/LS7/L92/LS9, LS1/LS6
LS Engine?: Non-LS Part

Up for sale is a Pioneer F90-BT In-Dash Navigation/DVD Head Unit.

I purchased this for my GTO in May of 2009, and had it in the car untill a few weeks ago when I sold the car.

My original plan was to put it in my Z06, but its a Double-Din unit and my Z06 uses 1.5 Din... so without paying $300 for a modified custom center console it wont work.

This thing can do a lot of stuff... most of which I never took advantage of. Basic stuff like I-Pod hookup (can control the Ipod through the touch screen on this headunit), Bluetooth compatibility to use most smartphones through it with voice controls (it includes a microphone that can be mounted in the car) USB port for playing songs off flash drives and such... an SD card reader on the front (I put MP3's on SD cards and it would bring up a whole playlist of every song on there... very cool). It also has hookups for all sorts of external monitors, rear view cameras, the list goes on and on.

Rather than post all the specs on here, I will just give a link to it on Pioneers website:
Pioneer USA - AVIC-F90BT - Premier In-Dash Navigation AV Receiver with DVD Playback and Built-In Bluetooth

As most web-savy buyers always do, the first thing you will probably do is look up reviews on this. You will find that a lot of people complain about how long it takes to startup. Its all true... it takes at least 30 seconds for it to startup, and a bit longer if you have a lot of songs on the MP3 playlist. It frustrated me at first, but I got used to it. Being a relatively inexpensive Nav unit, but having most of the features of the $1k+ units, I could put up with the slight inconvenience in exchange for everything it is capable of.

There are many websites dedicated to hacking/tweaking these things. They run off a version of windows, so its pretty much unlimited what all can be done with them... you can actually boot it into windows with a start menu and all.

I originally paid ~$600 for this thing. It has since been replaced by a newer model that sells for ~700... and you can find the F90-BT refurbished for somewhere in the mid-low $500's range.

Im looking to get $450 out of this. It is in absolutely perfect shape. Not a single scratch or scuff. The touch screen is flawless and never abused.

I will include the GTO wiring harness and GM adapter to retain use of the factory steering wheel controls, along with the matte-black bezzle to match the GTO interior.
Old 11-16-2010, 07:35 AM
TECH Resident

Bump.
Old 11-19-2010, 01:53 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So since its a double din, it should fit in my 02 camaro correct?
Old 11-19-2010, 07:03 AM
TECH Resident

Im not sure on that. I know it slipped right into my GTO. Its been too long since I looked at an Fbody.
Old 12-08-2010, 08:33 AM
TECH Resident

Old 12-08-2010, 10:12 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this plays dvds to i assume.

would the wiring work for an 04 goat
Old 12-08-2010, 11:45 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by jcash
this plays dvds to i assume.

would the wiring work for an 04 goat
Yes, it was installed in my 04 GTO, and even includes the correct wiring harness and mounting/bezel for that car.
Old 12-08-2010, 12:12 PM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Sent you a PM
Please let me know
Thanks and God Bless
John Junkins