Notices
Parts Classifieds This an archive of the older parts classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Crate LS7 for sale with bad head gasket...<2k miles, 550whp...trade for 5.7 or 6.0

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 06:27 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Category: Engine - Complete Motors
Price: $9800
Part Fits: 2010+ Camaro, 93-02 Chevrolet Camaro, 93-02 Pontiac Firebird, Corvette, 04-06 Pontiac GTO, 04+ Cadillac CTS-V
Location (State): PA
Item Condition: Used
Shipping Information: Item Can be Shipped
Engine: LS2/LS3/LS7/L92/LS9
LS Engine?: Fits LS Engine

pm'd you
Old 05-15-2011, 04:23 PM
Teching In

Waitin for some responses back
Old 05-31-2011, 06:38 PM
Teching In

Really would like a trade on a running engine with cash. This is a GREAT deal for someone, just need to find that person. Open to offers, I need to move forward on this.
Old 06-01-2011, 09:07 PM
Teching In

PM's replied to, keep the offers comin. Someone is gonna make a deal here and walk away with a bad *** motor for cheap. I'm amazed noone has gone through with this yet.
Old 06-01-2011, 10:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 399 Likes on 291 Posts

Was the coolant filled with glycol or straight water? If glycol got to the cylinder and into the engine oil then you have a real mess on your hands. The whole engine will need to be cleaned and flushed, and that is a difficult and risky process. The longer that engine sits the worse the problem becomes. It may be in your best interest to assess the severity of the problem and fix it before selling.

Not trying to slam you in any way. I think this issue is very important to prospective buyers and may be one reason why you can't sell the engine. Addressing this concern could be the answer to selling it.

Last edited by QwkTrip; 06-01-2011 at 10:42 PM.
Old 06-09-2011, 10:36 AM
Teching In

The oil was tested by Blackstone laboratories and is normal in every way. The coolant showed the present of carbon, that was it. As I've stated countless, countless times, the car was running with a full data acquisition system. As soon as it went beyond normal track temps we were used to, the car was pitted and shut down...the end. The motor didn't even overheat, no coolant was spilled, no nothing.

I'm going to open the motor up and post pics of the deal that was missed by many on here. This was a giveaway situation because I needed a simpler resolution in a timely situation. This was a steal for an LS7. I'd have taken 8k but got no offers that were reasonable. Not many deals come up on forums, but the Corvetteforum guys KNOW how I jump in with crash deals, and none of them have ever been burned. Whatever....