Notices
Parts Classifieds This an archive of the older parts classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Help me find my vfn sonoco hood. Please!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 03:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Category: Exterior - Body Parts
Price: $1
Part Fits: 2010+ Camaro, 93-02 Chevrolet Camaro, 93-02 Pontiac Firebird, Corvette, 04-06 Pontiac GTO, 04+ Cadillac CTS-V, 67-92 Chevrolet Camaro, 67-92 Pontiac Firebird, Front wheel drive vehicles
Location (State): CA
Item Condition: Used
LS Engine?: Fits LS Engine

Here are a few pics of the hood in the crate... Thanks for all your help man.

Old 01-10-2012, 03:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Video will be posted shortly.
Old 01-10-2012, 03:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ok. This is the video. Sorry for the bad quality. I was in a rush this wknd.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29Jzx...f6mqeR-Ksm92QC
Old 01-11-2012, 09:25 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ANTICOP RAM AIR
put it on youtube.. Ill link it to FB
same here, i'll get everyone i know to like it so it will get some heat fast
Old 01-11-2012, 10:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks man. I really appreciate this. I wish you guys were closer. I would treat to some beers.
Old 01-11-2012, 10:08 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dont know if this link will work but here it is...

http://www.facebook.com/GreyhoundBus?sk=friendactivity
Old 01-11-2012, 02:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ok. I opened up a FB acct and posted something on their wall including the video. I hope I did it correctly.
Old 01-11-2012, 05:11 PM
TECH Addict

I dont see your post... the page is Greyhound Bus Lines .... thats where I put the other posts
Old 01-11-2012, 05:15 PM
TECH Addict

Check this **** out... here is their "disclaimer"

We want to hear from you! Please note that contributions to this Facebook page are the opinions of those who authored them. Any contribution will be deleted if deemed offensive, libelous, off-topic, repetitive or injurious of the privacy of others. While this forum is to discuss Greyhound-related news and travel, this is not a customer service forum. If you have a specific question or concern and need to reach a customer service representative, please call 214-849-8966.

its under their "communications disclosure" link.... they deleted my posts and Im sure they did yours too... what a bunch of losers...
Old 01-11-2012, 06:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I did post it. Unless I did something wrong. Here is a link to what I posted. Is that right?

http://www.facebook.com/GreyhoundBus...=wall&filter=1
Old 01-11-2012, 09:49 PM
TECH Addict

i didnt see anything by you.. my posts were there though
Old 01-11-2012, 11:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Since a good chunk of their shipping business is large car parts, I'd say spreading this around on as many automotive forums as we can might be a good tactic.
Old 01-12-2012, 12:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

That's a good idea. Will do
Old 01-12-2012, 02:00 PM
Teching In

I'm not sure if this works because you are going across state lines (well, the hood did and the company did) but see if you are eligable to take it to small claims court. Most states allow at least $2,500 maximum but some states allow up to a $5,000 maximum. Neither party are allowed representation by lawyers or anything so it just you, your evidence and the person you're suing. The filing fee is only $50-100 in most states too.

Good luck. Sucks that it happened though.
Old 01-12-2012, 05:02 PM
TECH Addict

Received 202 Likes on 166 Posts

Well like I said, social media works. It sucks it's damaged, but at least you finally got it. I could fix that hood in under 2 hours. I know you wanted to paint your car to match, but no matter how good the paint code you have, it still wouldn't match 100% anyway, due to painters differences, guns, pressures etc.

If they delete your post on their site, post it on yours. Big company's pay people to check these sites for anything related to them. (I know, I worked for one of the nation's largest cable company's) and we did. I have a feeling they will make good on it. I don't think they are going to agree to any unreasonable request, but will make good on it. Make sure to let them know about THIS forum your on as well, and how many people have seen this. Good Luck!
Old 01-12-2012, 05:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Saturate15
I'm not sure if this works because you are going across state lines (well, the hood did and the company did) but see if you are eligable to take it to small claims court. Most states allow at least $2,500 maximum but some states allow up to a $5,000 maximum. Neither party are allowed representation by lawyers or anything so it just you, your evidence and the person you're suing. The filing fee is only $50-100 in most states too.

Good luck. Sucks that it happened though.
I was really going to take them to small claims but since the hood showed up I'm not really looking to go that route. I'm just glad I have my favorite hood, no matter how it looks now. But I'm in no way in hell going to let them off the hook on this though.

Originally Posted by rpturbo
Well like I said, social media works. It sucks it's damaged, but at least you finally got it. I could fix that hood in under 2 hours. I know you wanted to paint your car to match, but no matter how good the paint code you have, it still wouldn't match 100% anyway, due to painters differences, guns, pressures etc.

If they delete your post on their site, post it on yours. Big company's pay people to check these sites for anything related to them. (I know, I worked for one of the nation's largest cable company's) and we did. I have a feeling they will make good on it. I don't think they are going to agree to any unreasonable request, but will make good on it. Make sure to let them know about THIS forum your on as well, and how many people have seen this. Good Luck!
You're right man, at least it showed up. Hopefully they do right on their part and pay to fix my hood.
Old 01-12-2012, 05:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

UPDATE 1-12-12

Ok, well I just got a call from a rep at Greyhound corp office. She asked what had happen and if I had filed a claim. I told her I've had a claim open since Dec 6th. She said that claim was no longer valid because it was for a "loss" and I need to file a new one for a "damage"...of course my timeline would start over and it would take 30days from today to process. <<----here we go again with this bullshit.

She then said that they are investigating this and that they want to know how this happened. She also said it's not their policy to modify packages. I told her that I believe someone at Greyhound must have taken it apart so that it would have a better chance of fitting in the bus with all the other luggage. They then mishandled it and damaged it. I told her that when it arrived at it's destination it was damaged and no protection was on it. I also also her that I took a bunch of pics (which I sent her) at the station when I picked it up.

Anyhow, the lady seemed more helpful than any of the other idiots I've spoke to at their corp office. I told her I had fax over pics and a letter on Monday and she said the pics didn't come out clear. So I emailed everything, including a new "damage" claim form and a estimate from a body shop to repair it ($550). She said I will be getting a call from the Corp manager higher up in the chain. Let's see how long this **** takes now.
Old 01-12-2012, 07:38 PM
Teching In

I purchased a bumper and berger panel from a fellow tech member that was shipped on december 1st. It was coming from Michigan to me in Kentucky. I still to this day do not have it. Over 40 days later and greyhound has been called repeatedly by me and the shipper and no one can tell us where the package is or if its lost, stolen or what. We filed a claim on december 20th a full 2 weeks after it was supposed to arrive and they also told me 60 days to track it and if after the 60 days they will refund money if it cannot be found. These people at greyhound are absolutely nuts. i thought i was the only one going through this. but, im pissed and glad at the same time im not the only one that has experienced this. I will never use greyhound for anything ever again i would have rather have paid UPS $100 more dollars to get it to me in 4 days guaranteed. Just thought i would share. Good luck with your damage claim. Hope i dont have to do one also.
Old 01-12-2012, 09:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I know exactly how you feel man. Do what I'm doing and post up a video and a thread. Call greyhound corp and speak to someone higher up. As to speak to Linda. The supervisor there is Frank Carol @ 214 849-8345.
Old 01-12-2012, 10:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

WOW..........
hard to believe.
good luck to both of you guys!

i guess moral of the story.........

DONT USE GREYHOUND SHIPPING!

Quick Reply: Help me find my vfn sonoco hood. Please!!!