Notices
Parts Classifieds This an archive of the older parts classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Help me find my vfn sonoco hood. Please!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 11:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Help me find my vfn sonoco hood. Please!!!

Category: Exterior - Body Parts
Price: $1
Part Fits: 2010+ Camaro, 93-02 Chevrolet Camaro, 93-02 Pontiac Firebird, Corvette, 04-06 Pontiac GTO, 04+ Cadillac CTS-V, 67-92 Chevrolet Camaro, 67-92 Pontiac Firebird, Front wheel drive vehicles
Location (State): CA
Item Condition: Used
LS Engine?: Fits LS Engine

Hey guys,

I have a problem. In early Nov. I purchased a VFN Sonoco hood from a forum member. I paid him through paypal and he shipped the hood out within a few days after sending payment. He shipped the hood via Greyhound on Nov. 15th from Concord, NH and scheduled to arrive in Long Beach, CA 3 days later. As of today I have yet to receive my hood

After a week after it not showing up I called Greyhound and they said it’s normal for a package like this to take so long because of the size. After 3 weeks and countless calls to Greyhound I filed a claim for the hood in Dec 6th. I’ve tried calling their headquarters and all they tell me is that it’s in one of their stations but they don’t know where. WTF!!!! They said they are unable to track it because it’s a manual bus bill. That’s BULLSHIT!!!! I’ve wrote letters to them telling them that if they don’t find my hood or pay for a replacement that I’ll be taking them to court. Now they’re telling me that they require 60days to find my hood from the day the claim was filed before they pay out. WTF!!!! It doesn’t take 60days to look for a ****** hood. It’s impossible to lose a package that freakin big. Are they blind and stupid. I’ve tried filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and that’s still in process. I’ve told them that I think someone within their company has stolen my hood. They said they don’t know what to tell me but that they’re looking for it and will call me if anything arises.

About a month ago a Greyhound CSR told me that the bus was scheduled to stop at Boston, New York, Denver, Las Vegas, Los Angeles and finally in Long Beach. I’ve called all the stations except Las Vegas (dumbasses can’t seem to answer their phone). All the other stations say my package isn’t there. So I called Greyhound and spoke to some dumbass supervisor and she now tells me that there is no set route for any bus and that it could be sitting at any station in the USA. **** **** **** ****!!!!!

I’m sorry for the language but this is really starting to get the best of me. I’ve tried everything I can think of and I feel I’m getting nowhere. If worse came to worse, they would only pay out the max coverage which is $300 which is way less than what I paid.

Normally I wouldn’t ask for this but I’m willing to try anything at this point. I’m not asking for anyone to go out of their way but it would be greatly appreciated. Would anyone be willing to go to their nearest Greyhound station and check if my package is there? It’s a blue VFN Sonoco hood incased in a wooden crate w/ shrink wrapped all around. Since the last rep I spoke to said that it could be anywhere I don’t know where to start. I’m basically just checking off stations on a list in an attempt to try and locate my hood.

If anyone is willing to help me out please PM me and I’ll send you the tracking #. I don't want to go through paypal to get my money back because i'm sure the guy did everything he needed to. He's not at fault here and going throw paypal will not be something I would want to do but my time is running out for my coverage.

Thanks in advance and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here is a link to find the station nearest you...
http://www.shipgreyhound.com/locations/locations.asp

UPDATE 1-6-12
I just got a call from the Long Beach, CA station (destination) and it arrived. The bad news is that it's damaged. ****!!!

The guy said that it looks like they broke apart the wooden crate it was incased in and just threw the hood in the bus like that with no protection. He said it's damaged but fixable. If the crate was too big to fit in the bus, why the **** would you accept it. And it's not over the size limit. All demensions were within the allowable demensions.

I'll post pics up tonight once I pick it up at the station.

UPDATE 1-7-12
Here is a video so you guys can see what happened. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29Jzx...f6mqeR-Ksm92QC

UPDATE 1-12-12

Ok, well I just got a call from a rep at Greyhound corp office. She asked what had happen and if I had filed a claim. I told her I've had a claim open since Dec 6th. She said that claim was no longer valid because it was for a "loss" and I need to file a new one for a "damage"...of course my timeline would start over and it would take 30days from today to process. <<----here we go again with this bullshit.

She then said that they are investigating this and that they want to know how this happened. She also said it's not their policy to modify packages. I told her that I believe someone at Greyhound must have taken it apart so that it would have a better chance of fitting in the bus with all the other luggage. They then mishandled it and damaged it. I told her that when it arrived at it's destination it was damaged and no protection was on it. I also also her that I took a bunch of pics (which I sent her) at the station when I picked it up.

Anyhow, the lady seemed more helpful than any of the other idiots I've spoke to at their corp office. I told her I had fax over pics and a letter on Monday and she said the pics didn't come out clear. So I emailed everything, including a new "damage" claim form and a estimate from a body shop to repair it ($550). She said I will be getting a call from the Corp manager higher up in the chain. Let's see how long this **** takes now.

Last edited by Danny; 01-12-2012 at 05:55 PM.
Old 01-04-2012, 11:36 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

do you have a parcel number, tracking number, name on package.. You cant just go to a Greyhound terminal and ask if they have a blue hood....
Old 01-04-2012, 12:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sorry. I forgot to mention that.

Shipping #: GLI 1694917730
Shipper: Tim D.
Recipient: Daniel C.
Shipped from: Concord, NH
Destination: Long Beach, CA
Shipping date: 11/15/11
Old 01-04-2012, 02:19 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

If you call a place like that and speak to a dumb ***.....find out who their boss is and call them...Keep repeating the process untill you get to someone on top. Dont they have a corporate office? Call them...and be nice. Im sure all they'd have to do is send out a mass email to all their branches... You can be nice and still press an issue for results.
Old 01-04-2012, 02:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pwrtrip75
If you call a place like that and speak to a dumb ***.....find out who their boss is and call them...Keep repeating the process untill you get to someone on top. Dont they have a corporate office? Call them...and be nice. Im sure all they'd have to do is send out a mass email to all their branches... You can be nice and still press an issue for results.
Trust me man, I've done that and more. I called the corporate office in TX and spoke to a lady there. I asked her for her bosses info and she gave it to me. I've called twice and left a msg. Yesterday some other lady returned my call and said he was on vacation. I think she was a supervisor there. Well anyways, I spoke to her and to tell you the truth she didn't seem to care. I asked to get the contact info for someone higher up and she said she couldn't release that info. It's some guy named Gus Smith.

Honestly man, other than the guy who works at the Long Beach station, everyone at Greyhound sucks when it comes to customer service. No one seems to give a damn about you. That's why I say F*CK Greyhound!!!
Old 01-04-2012, 05:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Default hood

not that this helps but a year ago i shipped a large heavy pice of body sheet metal the driver said it would be there (St Louis) that night and I thought great but no it was out and about for a week plus but it did arrive - i have had a few things -at least 3 shipped and they all arrived, all i can say is be patient and you may get lucky - fingers crossed for ya!
Old 01-04-2012, 06:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I hope man. But I really need my hood and I don't have money to buy another one. I can't believe it takes 2 months to ship something. It's not like it's going over seas or across a border.

Trending Topics

Old 01-04-2012, 06:34 PM
TECH Addict

Received 202 Likes on 166 Posts

Something is going on, but I have also shipped with Greyhound and have never had an issue. I am a little surprised that can ship something that big. I have shipped seats in the past. My recommendation is to put something up on Facebook if your on that. That forum of social media pressure seams to work wonders. Good luck finding your hood!!
Old 01-04-2012, 10:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Just keep calling, I hope all works out for you. I would be cussing too, but remember that you can be firm and polite.
Old 01-05-2012, 10:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rpturbo
Something is going on, but I have also shipped with Greyhound and have never had an issue. I am a little surprised that can ship something that big. I have shipped seats in the past. My recommendation is to put something up on Facebook if your on that. That forum of social media pressure seams to work wonders. Good luck finding your hood!!
I don't have FB or MS. My girl and everyone else I know does. Maybe I'll have them start posting something. I've used them in the past as well and never had problems until now. But you can bet, I will never use their services again. They can kiss my ***.

Originally Posted by My6speedZ
Just keep calling, I hope all works out for you. I would be cussing too, but remember that you can be firm and polite.
I think between the time it went missing till now I must have made over 100 calls to Greyhound...seriously. Their customer service is a JOKE!!!! THey're just like any BS company that's fast to take your money but when they F'up they take their sweet as time.

I will use any resources available to me to get my hood back and I was even thinking about posting a video on YouTube as well.
Old 01-05-2012, 05:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

I just cant believe they couldn't slap a sticker on it and have someone go in and scan all the over sized stuff so they can be tracked. Companies like that with ancient technology **** me off when they use something they have neglected and outdated as their excuse.
Old 01-05-2012, 06:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Tell me about it dude. And to top it all off I put in a claim with the BBB and guess what...they closed my case because they said the company (Greyhound) has stated that they're doing all they can do locate my package. WTF!!! Are they seriously just going to take their word for it? You see, this is what's wrong with this damn economy. We, the little people, get F'ed while all the big corps get away with whatever they want.
Old 01-05-2012, 08:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

did you ask for the hood to be shipped greyhound? or did the seller tell you he was shipping greyhound? i dont meen to sound like an ***, but if you didn't choose the shipping company then i would say this should be the sellers problem.
Old 01-05-2012, 09:02 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by poltergeist 02
did you ask for the hood to be shipped greyhound? or did the seller tell you he was shipping greyhound? i dont meen to sound like an ***, but if you didn't choose the shipping company then i would say this should be the sellers problem.
FIRST OF ALL.... Who ships with greyhound?!!

alright now.......

I agree to a certain degree, it isnt really the shippers fault its greyhounds fault. If the seller has to refund money they wont have the money or hood. Pay pal is going to say that it is not the shippers fault , being that it was scanned and actually shipped. The seller should be nice enough to atleast give back half the money. I dont want to sound like a dick but the shipper did what he could to ship it. Greyhound lost it. Either way this whole situation sucks!!
Old 01-05-2012, 09:43 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by SoCalCal

alright now.......

I agree to a certain degree, it isnt really the shippers fault its greyhounds fault. If the seller has to refund money they wont have the money or hood. Pay pal is going to say that it is not the shippers fault , being that it was scanned and actually shipped. The seller should be nice enough to atleast give back half the money. I dont want to sound like a dick but the shipper did what he could to ship it. Greyhound lost it. Either way this whole situation sucks!!
uhhh,i ship with greyhound all the time,you think im going to pay fedex or ups an ungodly sum of money on an oversized item?? ive used them many times with nothing but great results,i was sure they gave tracking# on the receipt? the orig. station you shipped out of should know exactly what buses and stations the hood travelled thru,theyve always seemed to know when ive asked before on how long to arrive,im sure someone took it off a bus and put it in a backroom instead of putting it on next bus,im sure you have been talking to some dumasses and just havent got the rt helpful person yet anyways good luck, i know its stressful not getting high dollar items rt away
Old 01-05-2012, 10:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

And what you think if some one in Greyhount has camaro and liked the hood for his car?
Old 01-06-2012, 08:48 AM
TECH Addict

I posted on the FB Greyhound wall. I did this when I had some bullshit problems with Toshiba and couldnt get them resolved. Once I posted on their wall, I got an email within a couple of hours. Maybe this will work for you. Whatever they send me, I will send to you....
Old 01-06-2012, 09:02 AM
TECH Addict

I just called the Ft Worth terminal and gave them all your info. She said it is in the system and it is on its way. Due to the size and weight (71lbs with box), combined with the distance, It is just one of those odd ball things and is taking a lot longer than usual. She did give me information on Tim and his phone number if you dont already have it. She recommended Tim filling out a lost package request and that it would get the corporate office involved because there it proof it was shipped but lost. Greyhound will have to pay.
Old 01-06-2012, 11:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by poltergeist 02
We both agreed on shipping through Greyhound. I've shipped stuff through Greyhound before with no problems. It's just cheaper and faster when it comes to heavy or baulky items.

Originally Posted by SoCalCal

alright now.......

That's true, it really isn't the shippers fault. He did all he was suppose to do. It's Greyhounds fault for having dumbass employees. We haven't spoken of any refunds or anything like that. We'll cross that road when we get to it. He told me today that he was going to go down to Greyhound and see what the hell is going on.

Originally Posted by southsidecox
uhhh,i ship with greyhound all the time,you think im going to pay fedex or ups an ungodly sum of money on an oversized item?? ive used them many times with nothing but great results,i was sure they gave tracking# on the receipt? the orig. station you shipped out of should know exactly what buses and stations the hood travelled thru,theyve always seemed to know when ive asked before on how long to arrive,im sure someone took it off a bus and put it in a backroom instead of putting it on next bus,im sure you have been talking to some dumasses and just havent got the rt helpful person yet anyways good luck, i know its stressful not getting high dollar items rt away
They did give me a tracking # but he's the thing. Their tracking #'s aren't worth ****. They scan the package when it arrives at their shipping location and it doesn't get scanned again until it arrives at it's distination. STUPID!!! And here's another thing I just found out. If the bus carrying my box is taking up a lot of space and they need more room for passenger luggage, guess what, they take out my package and leave it at a station until the next bus comes along with enough room to carry it. That's some **** Greyhound fails to mention to you when you pay to ship something. It was suppose to take 3 days. Now I'm going on 2 months.

Originally Posted by fastsspr
And what you think if some one in Greyhount has camaro and liked the hood for his car?
That's exactly what Im thinking. I told them that I think one of their employes stole it. They said that's impossible because they have cameras. I suppose cameras stop theives now-a-days.

Originally Posted by ANTICOP RAM AIR
I posted on the FB Greyhound wall. I did this when I had some bullshit problems with Toshiba and couldnt get them resolved. Once I posted on their wall, I got an email within a couple of hours. Maybe this will work for you. Whatever they send me, I will send to you....
Thanks man. I really appreciate that.

Originally Posted by ANTICOP RAM AIR
I just called the Ft Worth terminal and gave them all your info. She said it is in the system and it is on its way. Due to the size and weight (71lbs with box), combined with the distance, It is just one of those odd ball things and is taking a lot longer than usual. She did give me information on Tim and his phone number if you dont already have it. She recommended Tim filling out a lost package request and that it would get the corporate office involved because there it proof it was shipped but lost. Greyhound will have to pay.
Trust me bro, that's all I hear. "It's on it's way and is taking a lot longer because of the size". I've heard that frase so many times already it's imbedded into my memory. I have Tim's phone# and everything. We are in constant contact with each other.

I've already filed a claim with corporate and they don't seem to be any help. IMO they don't give 2 ***** about my shipment. I haven't even gotten a fucken appology from those ******** for all the inconvience this has caused me....not that it would mean **** now.
Old 01-06-2012, 11:14 AM
TECH Addict

I got a response on the FB post. lol They 'said' they are going to send me the info on it....and that corporate had been notified.... we shall see

Quick Reply: Help me find my vfn sonoco hood. Please!!!