Notices
Parts Classifieds This an archive of the older parts classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Wtt: my black leather 6LE seats for stock camaro/trans am seats

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2012, 10:09 PM
Turd Gen Guy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Category: Accessories
Price: $1111
Part Fits: 93-02 Chevrolet Camaro, 93-02 Pontiac Firebird
Location (State): AL
Item Condition: Brand New
Shipping Information: Item Can be Shipped
Engine: LS2/LS3/LS7/L92/LS9, LS1/LS6
LS Engine?: Fits LS Engine

Ill show you the black "painted" handle and plastic peice when I get home tomorrow night... and my pic was taken at 11:39 a.m. and no flash was used.
Old 02-04-2012, 10:13 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Ballinonabudget
I've got a front set of ebony TA seats in excellent condition. PM sent!
I don't want to be the @sshole but this statement alone was misleading just in the pic sent since they are not out of a Trans-Am. At least not a year Trans-Am that would have ebony.

What I mean by that is simple F-Body facts... If you say you have a Trans-Am that is a real hardtop then it is not 1998 or newer, they only came t-top (and convertible). If you say you have ebony TA seats then they would not look like that since the few years they made ebony the TAs all had power lumbar and looked different than that (stitch pattern, plastic, etc...).

I honestly don't think anyone was trying to screw anyone I think it is just a lack of knowledge, but that still puts someone in the wrong. Again, ebony not even on the table, these are not TA seats...

Yeah, it happens. I screw up ALL THE TIME (unfortunately, happens when you're one guy answering like 300 e-mails a day) but I do my best to fix it. Told a guy his sail panel was shipping, thought he ordered FG, found out it was CF which weren't in for two weeks. He already sent the car to paint to I refunded him money to cover the extra expense I caused him.

Everyone makes mistakes it is how you handle your mistakes that defines you.
Old 02-04-2012, 10:18 PM
Turd Gen Guy

guess I should have checked facts before buying them.. Like I said I dont even care about the seats anymore I just want my trader rating fixed but I will not remove the bad trader eating I left on ballinonabudget as the seats are not what was described..
Old 02-04-2012, 10:20 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 1nasty86
guess I should have checked facts before buying them.. Like I said I dont even care about the seats anymore I just want my trader rating fixed.
All I was saying is someone told you, "Hey, I have a set of Trans Am seats..." and they didn't. That alone, again ebony aside, means your trader rating should be fixed since there is no arguing you didn't get Trans Am seats...
Old 02-04-2012, 10:26 PM
Turd Gen Guy

thank you 6le. Dont yall make seat covers for these seats? If so please pm me
Old 02-04-2012, 10:31 PM
Banned

We do but in this pattern...

I'll give you a better price since you bought the 6LE seats and they didn't work in your car like I advertise (had no clue the floor mounted belt retractors hit the ****)...
Old 02-04-2012, 10:36 PM
Turd Gen Guy

Yeah I was kinda disappointed lol I could have used the 82 retracters but didnt want to go through the hassle of finding a set.
Old 02-04-2012, 10:44 PM
Banned

^^It is just weird because I put a set in my 1987 Firebird with no issues... I had the stock console in though so maybe I was able to move mine further towards center?
Old 02-04-2012, 11:00 PM
Turd Gen Guy

Possibly.. I have the 4th gen and one side would hit the retracter and one rotator would hit the console
Old 02-05-2012, 01:31 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't understand how you are pissed with me about the straps... I was supposed to get them with the 6LE seats and didn't. He told me he was going to ship them directly to you, and I asked why he would do that and wouldn't give me an answer. Why he was even involved in our sale was totally beyond me, it's none of his business and it's rude. So the guy pays for shipping twice and ships you the guides instead of sending them to me. There is absolutely no reason why he should have done that in the first place, they were technically my guides and I should have gotten them a day after I posted the for sale ad. But instead he shipped them to you. In our very first PM I told you I wasn't going to have the seats shipped that week and you told me it was fine! My starter blew up on my car from the cold which delayed the shipping another few days, stuff happens. I shipped them out as soon as humanly possible and kept you updated the entire time. I charged you only $125 for shipping and payed over $200 for the materials and shipping cost. I informed you the shipping was way higher than expected and asked that if you felt like it was fair, if you could help cover some of the extra cost. I also said you obviously had no obligation to and it's no problem if you didn't want to. Did I not?

I didn't do anything shady with you either, what the hell is everyone's problem with me? Do you not have your brand new seats and guides? You asked me for a refund SOLELY bases on the obvious **** talking 1nasty was doing back and forth with you which is not right. I already purchased the shipping labels to your address and payed for the packing and they were ready to ship out when you asked me for a refund. So am I going to lose $200 on shipping and refund your money because 1nasty wasn't happy with our trade? That makes it ok to ruin other deals and relationships I have with members on here?

You got your seats in a timely fashion and I PM'd you many times letting you know what was going on. You got your brand new seats exactly as described in brand new FedEx boxes with no problems. So now I'm a bad guy in your eyes as well because my starter exploded and it took a few extra days to ship the seats.

I can't believe all this. I'm not the one who's being unreasonable here. You're all bent out of shape I posted the for sale ad expecting to have the seat guides the next day, and instead I got dicked around by mister amazing honest Hunter who can do no wrong. You should be pissed off at HIM. You want to talk about "violating the principle of buyer/seller"? I didn't get the guides, which I bargained for. I waited for them and told him 20 times to SEND THEM TO ME so I could ship them with your seats. I guess it's good "principle" to intrude into someone elses sale and take over, ruin my credibility which caused you to ask for a refund, and directly cut me out of the picture and send parts to you on a deal that he has nothing to do with.

Why is everyone coming after me...? This is crazy and the way Hunter has been acting is just weird to put it nicely. Not only the mystery color change with my seats but the whole thing with ruining separate sale is wrong. He had no right. But I have an angry mob coming after me now and THAT'S OK? In both cases I did not scam or do anything shady to either person.

Originally Posted by 67SS&99SS
I am replying to this thread as per the request of Hunter. I purchased the 6 LE seats that Hunter traded to Ballingonabudget. Here is the thread--->https://ls1tech.com/forums/parts-cla...seats-2-a.html After going back and forth on a few PMs with Ballingonabudget we agreed on a price of $400 for the seats and seat belt straps and $125 to have them shipped to my house.

A few days after purchasing the the seats, Hunter sent a PM to me, asking me if I had bought the seats from Ballingonabudget. I replied back yes. The next PM I received from Hunter he stated that he still had not received his trans am seats and he didn't even have a tracking number on them. He also stated that he still had the seat belt straps in his possession and that Ballingonabudget did not have them. I became leery of Ballingonabudget at this time, because I paid him in full for the seats and the straps, as per the description in the ad above and he clearly didn't even have the straps in his possession.

In a PM about a week after I bought the seats and straps, Ballingonabudget told me the reason he didn't have the straps was that when Hunter first sent the seats to him he forgot to send the straps. Hunter indicated to me that he didn't want to ship the straps to Ballingonabudget after he sent the seats because he hadn't received his trans am seats or a tracking number on them almost 2 weeks after sending his 6LE seats to Ballingonabudget. I can fully understand why hunter chose not to send them to him.

A few days later, Hunter sent me a PM stating that he had received a PM from Ballingonabudget with tracking numbers for his seats. He also told me in that PM that he would ship the straps to me directly, which I received two days later. At the time I got the straps, I still had no tracking numbers on my seats. Here is a photo of the straps and envelop that Hunter sent to me.

When I inquired about a tracking update on my seats, Ballingonabudget indicated that he still had not shipped them out due to having a lot to do with work and having issues with a starter on his daily driver. So, I waited several more days without hearing anything. 7 days after I purchased the seats from Ballingonabudget, I sent another PM to him inquiring about shipping. The reply back I got was rude and that I was unreasonable because I was wanting the seats shipped out when he had so much going on. I was told at that time to be patient. Ballingonabudget also also told me, "I guess I could cancel all my work stuff, and haul 2 6 foot tall 40 lb boxes to Fedex on the bus, or better yet, my magic carpet?" I don't know about anyone else, but $525 is alot of money to me, and when I pay for something, I expect it to be shipped in a timely manner. I certainly don't appreciate the sarcasm. If you have so much going on, why list something for sale at that time? You know your going to have to ship it. Wait until you have time to handle it before you list it.

I replied back then requesting a refund, explaining to the Ballingonabudget that the most basic principle between a buyer and a seller was violated. The seller sold me something that he didn't have in his possession at the time of the sale/ad listing. He acted like not having the straps wasn't a big deal, and that he wasn't going to refund me because I was upset about a misunderstanding on shipping. If you list something for sale and and don't have it, that is wrong in my book. I was told by Ballingonabudget that he was supposed to have the straps a day after he sold the seats to me. Would it have been a big deal to wait and post the for sale ad when you had everything in your possession? How hard would it have been to have communicated this to me at the time of sale?

So, I didn't get a refund. He told me that he was going to make an effort to meet up with a friend to drop my seats off to a fed-ex location on Sunday 1/29 or monday, 1/30. Tuesday, 1/31, I send a PM asking where the tracking numbers are. Wednesday I get a reply back saying that they were shipped. In that PM, Ballingonabudget actually requested for me to send him more money for shipping???? Seriously??? We agree on a price, then my stuff isn't shipped out until 10 days after I originally paid for it and you want me to give you more money??? I never replied to this PM because I couldn't believe what I was reading. I finally received my seats on Friday, and they matched the photos in the ad.

For the moderators that are following this thread, maybe this will help. I believe that Hunter is a standup guy and I hate to see this happen to him. He has no reason to lie. He was up front with me. He told me he would ship the straps to me, and he did, in a timely manner. I didn't even know the guy before this mess came about with the seats.

Last edited by Ballinonabudget; 02-05-2012 at 01:43 AM.
Old 02-05-2012, 01:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ballinonabudget
I don't understand how you are pissed with me about the straps... I was supposed to get them with the 6LE seats and didn't. He told me he was going to ship them directly to you, and I asked why he would do that and wouldn't give me an answer. Why he was even involved in our sale was totally beyond me, it's none of his business and it's rude. In our very first PM I told you I wasn't going to have the seats shipped that week and you told me it was fine! My starter blew up on my car from the cold which delayed the shipping another few days, stuff happens. I shipped them out as soon as humanly possible and kept you updated the entire time. I charged you only $125 for shipping and payed over $200 for the materials and shipping cost.

I didn't do anything shady with you either, what the hell is everyone's problem with me? Do you not have your brand new seats and guides? You asked me for a refund SOLELY bases on the obvious **** talking 1nasty was doing back and forth with you which is not right. I already purchased the shipping labels to your address and payed for the packing and they were ready to ship out when you asked me for a refund. So am I going to lose $200 on shipping and refund your money because 1nasty wasn't happy with our trade? That makes it ok to ruin other deals and relationships I have with members on here?

You got your seats in a timely fashion and I PM'd you many times letting you know what was going on. You got your brand new seats exactly as described in brand new FedEx boxes with no problems.

Why is everyone coming after me...?
Yes, I got the seats, and they were as described never said they weren't. There is no point in continuing this argument. Neither of us is getting anywhere and it is a waste of our time. I am finished with this thread an all matters concerning the seats.
Old 02-05-2012, 02:11 AM
Banned

I am getting SO SICK of being accused of lying. Why would I post the seats for sale if I had so much going on?

MY STARTER BLEW UP. Sorry I wasn't planning on having that happen.

"I can't believe he had the nerve to ask for more money for shipping". I shipped the TA seats for MUCH less and was expecting it to be the same cost. I asked you if you were comfortable helping with SOME of the extra cost, and told you if you did not want to, IT WAS TOTALLY FINE.

How dare I.... I can't believe how emotional you are getting over a pair of seats. Do you not have 2 brand new 6LE seats in your possession matching the exact description given? Did I not PM you every step of the way letting you know what was going on?

There is nothing else I could have done. My starter blew up, and I got a new one ordered, shipped to me, and installed in 3 DAYS. That's pretty damn good.

I give up. I'm a horrible person and I broke my starter on purpose and had all this planned. You guys got me. Enjoy your brand new seats that I busted my *** and went broke shipping to you. You're welcome for eating $75 in shipping cost. You're welcome for the free guides. You're welcome for me paying for next day shipping and taking off work to get a new starter installed just so you wouldn't lose your mind from having to wait another few days.

I'm not a stand up guy though for doing any of that. Someone please just shoot me in the face
Old 02-05-2012, 02:15 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 67SS&99SS
Yes, I got the seats, and they were as described never said they weren't. There is no point in continuing this argument. Neither of us is getting anywhere and it is a waste of our time. I am finished with this thread an all matters concerning the seats.
Of course you are... now that you've gotten your stabs in, and cradled Hunters ***** while doing it (nice job multitasking). You got a pair of beautiful seats and are happy with them. But you choose to pick out every negative thing you possibly can and push it in my face. You don't make mention of a single good thing I did for you.

You're a really good person.
Old 02-05-2012, 03:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1nasty86
shame they didnt start making ebony seats till 01?? which i didnt know till a few days ago
2000 was the first year.
Old 02-05-2012, 12:10 PM
Turd Gen Guy

Thanks for the info man^ and ballinonabudget did request that I send him the guides but why when he is in georgia and I am in alabama? And then threatned to cancel my seat shipment if I did not send him the emblems. But im through with this seat ordeal.. My story is up here and people are free to fill in what blanks they want.. ~hunter