Notices
Parts Classifieds This an archive of the older parts classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Wtt: my black leather 6LE seats for stock camaro/trans am seats

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2012, 06:14 AM
Turd Gen Guy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Category: Accessories
Price: $1111
Part Fits: 93-02 Chevrolet Camaro, 93-02 Pontiac Firebird
Location (State): AL
Item Condition: Brand New
Shipping Information: Item Can be Shipped
Engine: LS2/LS3/LS7/L92/LS9, LS1/LS6
LS Engine?: Fits LS Engine

Guess shipping ebony seats makes them fade to grey? I recieved the seats pictured from you this is no scam, I wanted ebony seats to complete my interior swap and got charcoal grey. And no I do not want spray paint for my seats because I want actual ebony seats
Old 02-04-2012, 09:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ballinonabudget
When I talked to you on the phone the last time you said you were going to call me back. You haven't contacted me at all and decided to jump on the forums with all this nonsense which is really not fair. You seriously must have had this planned out. I'm sitting here waiting for you to call me back, meanwhile you're on the forums making me look horrible and of course everyone is going to believe this insanity because you posted first.

This is crazy. I sent you ebony seats. The picture shows it, and I have proof in many ways that I have all ebony parts. I don't understand how a picture of some grey seats in your car is evidence that I sent you grey seats. You could have had those seats already or used your friends seats to take the picture.

On the other hand I have 5 different ways of showing my seats were ebony and the picture shows it straight up. I don't get how anyone can so easily jump on the bandwagon and attack me.

I really didn't do anything wrong and I can prove it. If you want to dye those GREY seats I will buy you the spray to do it, I really don't care at this point. I'm not about to be looked at like a crook when I didn't do anything wrong. You want GM Ebony leather spray? I'll buy you enough to do both seats! But I know damn well the seats I shipped out were ebony and it's really shitty I'm being attacked like this.
Have to agree with this. Why would this guy go through the hassle of spending all of this shipping money to intentionally send you the wrong seats? Wouldn't he just not ship you anything at all if he was going to screw you over?
Old 02-04-2012, 09:40 AM
Turd Gen Guy

I have no idea man.. I have the tracking numbers from when he sent them and when I picked them up and brought them home. Im not out to screw anybody but I cant help what I got which was grey seats. Im out of town ay the moment but I have the boxes he shipped my seats in which my 6le seats came in. All I wanted was ebony trans am seats and that was not what I got at all. Do I have 100% proof the seats you see in the car are his? No, but ive never tried to screw anyone over before.
Old 02-04-2012, 09:42 AM
TECH Apprentice

I can see both sides of this, but cant come to a conclusion that makes any sense. Odd indeed.
Old 02-04-2012, 09:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1nasty86
I have no idea man.. I have the tracking numbers from when he sent them and when I picked them up and brought them home. Im not out to screw anybody but I cant help what I got which was grey seats. Im out of town ay the moment but I have the boxes he shipped my seats in which my 6le seats came in. All I wanted was ebony trans am seats and that was not what I got at all. Do I have 100% proof the seats you see in the car are his? No, but ive never tried to screw anyone over before.
I'm not trying to accuse either of you. You both have good trader feedback which only makes this situation more complicated. Hope you guys can resolve it like gentlemen.
Old 02-04-2012, 11:20 AM
Turd Gen Guy

I traded the guy for a set of ebony trans am seats which these are not.. ballinonabudget may have ebony interior and etc. BUT the seats I recieved from him are grey.
Old 02-04-2012, 11:34 AM
TECH Resident

Im no mod or anything but i have a solution to protect both of your good trader ratings and squash this. Get a quote to reupholster the seats in ebony and both of you split the tab. Simple and much better than spray painting anything. Should be like 400 bucks total from a local shop. What do you guys think?
Old 02-04-2012, 11:46 AM
Turd Gen Guy

I shouldnt have to do anything man because the seats were suppost to be ebony in the first place and there not
Old 02-04-2012, 11:52 AM
TECH Resident

Right. Understood. But this option should be considered since theres no end in sight and yOull have a brand new basically ebony seats
Old 02-04-2012, 12:34 PM
Banned

The OP wanted to dye the seats and during our last phone call, told me he was going to get a price. I know where to buy the official GM Ebony interior leather/vinyl spray and already offered to buy him a few cans.

After already losing a bunch of money and now THIS, I really don't care about the cost of the dye if it's going to fix the situation. I should not have to do this but I am proud of my 100% feedback and good reputation on this site and don't want it ruined over nothing.
Old 02-04-2012, 12:43 PM
TECH Resident

I understand points of view from both sides. Im just trying to help mediate and come to a conclusion that both of you would be "happy" with.
Old 02-04-2012, 12:43 PM
Staging Lane

Sounds like both parties were under the assumption that the seats were ebony. Until they were put in a car with an ebony interior.
Old 02-04-2012, 12:57 PM
TECH Resident

Get a quote for reupholstery of the front two seats and report back when yOu have it. I bet its 300 or less
Old 02-04-2012, 01:11 PM
Teching In

Sounds like a ruff situation but ballinonabudget has a good point why would he spend so much and just send u the wrong color seats
And u shouldn't of posted a pic of the seats he sent u through message because sure those are ebony and the ones in your car clearly are not
sorry to hear that y'all but are in this problem hope y'all fix is in a good manner good luck to both
Old 02-04-2012, 01:15 PM
Teching In

As I initially read the thread I was like Dang this Guy F@cked you but I dnt jump on the wagon till I hear both sides and ballinonabudget makes good point
Old 02-04-2012, 01:50 PM
Turd Gen Guy

yes the pic he sent me are of ebony seats but the seats I recieved afe clearly not, they are grey.. What would I have to gain really from giving him a negative trader rating if he would have sent me real ebony seats. I wouldnt have anything to complain about but the case is he sent me charcoal grey seats... I do not care who says what the seats I recieved on january 28th from ballinonabudget are grey not ebony.. All I want is ebony seats and my trader rating to be fixed
Old 02-04-2012, 02:06 PM
Staging Lane

Its hard to tell from the picture what color they are because of the lighting. I wonder if he thought they were ebony when he sent them. But either way I feel bad for nasty. You bought 6le seats that didn't work then you buy these seats thinking they are ebony.
Old 02-04-2012, 02:15 PM
Turd Gen Guy

Yeah, ive spent almost 600$ on the 6le seats and shipping them to the guy.. Seemed odd to me tho that I didnt recieve a tracking number till my 6le were already sold... Ill pm the guy ballinonabudget sold the 6le seats to and see if he will join in on this conversation also....
Old 02-04-2012, 03:28 PM
Teching In

If he rated you bad first that's a hoe move because all u are doing is trying to get to the bottom of the problem
He even wrote that you tried to scam him on a seat trade HOW THE F@CK DID YOU SCAM HIM WHEN HE GOT WHAT WAS SAID IN THE TRADE AND YOU DIDN'T
IM SMELLING SOME BS
Old 02-04-2012, 03:29 PM
Teching In

Mods help 1nasty86 his trader rating is so wrong to what is going on he didn't scam anyone if anything he got scammed