PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best place to buy HP Tuners besides HP Tuners?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 08:09 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best place to buy HP Tuners besides HP Tuners?

Hi Guys,

I'm looking to purchase HP Tuners VCM Suite Professional for GM's and I need it ASAP. Where is the best place to purchase it (I'm in the Detroit area)? Thanks for the help.
Old 01-21-2009, 08:50 AM
10 Second Club

I bought mine form Speed Inc. and had it in a few days, but I am halfway across the country. They are a little closer to you (Illinois). Good luck,

Larry
Old 01-21-2009, 08:59 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yup, you can purchase directly us at www.hptuners.com as our orders now ship from our Chicago office or any one of our resellers.
Old 01-21-2009, 09:13 AM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks guys!!!
Old 01-22-2009, 12:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought mine from Highperformanceoutlet on ebay simply b/c they have HP tuners ready to ship. They shipped the same day I paid for it and sent me the serial # and app key an hour after payment

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HP-Tu...Q5fAccessories
Old 01-22-2009, 09:26 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

We also carry HP Tuners in stock. However, if you check out our website, you'll also see that we offer a special package that includes HP Tuners (either Pro or Standard, your choice) as well as our 224 page tuning book, Master EFI Tuner. For more info on the book, check out...

www.thetuningbook.com

or just read the "What happened to the beta book" thread in this section to see what people who have bought the book think about it. (Why just take my word for it? Read what other people think!)

To buy our HP Tuners/tuning book package, visit www.masportspeedshop.com.
Same day shipping and an unbeatable package price!
Old 01-22-2009, 02:16 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dan@masportspeedshop
We also carry HP Tuners in stock. However, if you check out our website, you'll also see that we offer a special package that includes HP Tuners (either Pro or Standard, your choice) as well as our 224 page tuning book, Master EFI Tuner. For more info on the book, check out...

www.thetuningbook.com

or just read the "What happened to the beta book" thread in this section to see what people who have bought the book think about it. (Why just take my word for it? Read what other people think!)

you should bundle up the software, the book and a wideband!
Old 01-22-2009, 02:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Sounds great! Unfortunately, I already ordered the tuner elsewhere.... Does the book have much info (case study type info or guidelines) about S/C'd applications. Stuff like timing curves for centrifgal vs screw type, etc??? Thanks.

www.thetuningbook.com

Old 01-22-2009, 05:20 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by Frost
you should bundle up the software, the book and a wideband!
It's coming! (Along with other new product postings)
Old 01-22-2009, 05:25 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by slowfive0
Sounds great! Unfortunately, I already ordered the tuner elsewhere.... Does the book have much info (case study type info or guidelines) about S/C'd applications. Stuff like timing curves for centrifgal vs screw type, etc??? Thanks.
There is a case study on forced induction. It illustrates a turbocharged LS engine, but the tuning method is the same for a supercharged SD tune. As for ignition timing, it must be tuned...in other words, it's an iterative process. You can't just take a table and throw it into your calibration...well, you can, but then the car isn't "tuned" is it? For optimum performance, each engine must be tuned individually to optimize it's own performance. That's exactly what the book shows you how to do. It requires time and effort, but at least the end result is 1st place instead of 2nd.
Old 01-23-2009, 08:23 AM
TECH Apprentice

What I meant was the timing curve for a centrifigal blower is going to be different from a turbo. For that matter, it will be different with a roots/screw type blower as well (at least that is what I've heard).

I'll have to ck out the book. Thanks.

There is a case study on forced induction. It illustrates a turbocharged LS engine, but the tuning method is the same for a supercharged SD tune. As for ignition timing, it must be tuned...in other words, it's an iterative process. You can't just take a table and throw it into your calibration...well, you can, but then the car isn't "tuned" is it? For optimum performance, each engine must be tuned individually to optimize it's own performance. That's exactly what the book shows you how to do. It requires time and effort, but at least the end result is 1st place instead of 2nd.
Old 01-23-2009, 04:30 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by slowfive0
What I meant was the timing curve for a centrifigal blower is going to be different from a turbo. For that matter, it will be different with a roots/screw type blower as well (at least that is what I've heard).

I'll have to ck out the book. Thanks.
No doubt, they'll be very different. But the tuning process doesn't change...
Cheers!
Old 01-23-2009, 04:35 PM
Banned

yes we are stocking distributor for HPtuners

If you contact me directly I try to ship them same day

Fraser

Quick Reply: Best place to buy HP Tuners besides HP Tuners?