PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

check out this great book: engine management advanced tuning by Greg Banish

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2009, 10:53 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dan, when can we expect to receive our pre-ordered books?
Thanks.
Old 12-18-2009, 01:20 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by motorhead0922
Dan, when can we expect to receive our pre-ordered books?
Thanks.
As soon as I receive them, I'll ship them out. I think the'll arrive on Monday or Tuesday (depending on the weather from MO to FL) and we'll be shipping 2-3 day service from there via USPS. This was the cheapest shipping option for insured/signature delivery. I'll put up a post as soon as the freight truck parks at our bay door!
Cheers!! AND THANKS TO EVRYONE WHO ORDERED!! YOU GUYS ROCK!!
Old 12-18-2009, 01:25 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by dan@masportspeedshop
As soon as I receive them, I'll ship them out. I think the'll arrive on Monday or Tuesday (depending on the weather from MO to FL) and we'll be shipping 2-3 day service from there via USPS. This was the cheapest shipping option for insured/signature delivery. I'll put up a post as soon as the freight truck parks at our bay door!
Cheers!! AND THANKS TO EVRYONE WHO ORDERED!! YOU GUYS ROCK!!
Your schedule sounds great. But are gonna require a signature? That would suck.
Old 12-18-2009, 04:05 PM
Staging Lane

Old 12-18-2009, 07:38 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

From my experiances with the post office, I don't think it will need a sig, unless he insures it for over $200
Old 12-19-2009, 07:41 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by motorhead0922
Your schedule sounds great. But are gonna require a signature? That would suck.
If you're not there to sign, the Posti usually leaves a form you can sign and leave for them in exchange for the package.
Old 12-21-2009, 05:57 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Books have arrived!! We're shipping them out now!!!:d
Old 12-21-2009, 06:41 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll be on the lookout

Plus I have kids at home that can sign for a package
Old 12-21-2009, 08:03 PM
Teching In

Order Placed!
Old 12-23-2009, 02:45 PM
Teching In

Got my book today! No signature required, although I was home.

Looks great at first glance. I know what I'll be doing now over Christmas!

Thanks Dan.
Old 12-24-2009, 12:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

So when is the expected date on the EFILive book? I have the first book, but would like to have the EFILive book too.
Old 12-24-2009, 01:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 99 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by kbracing96
So when is the expected date on the EFILive book? I have the first book, but would like to have the EFILive book too.
According to post #19 by Dan it looks as if we will be able to download Case Studies that have been converted from HPTuners (first version) to EFILive (second version). That said - there is still a lot of information in version one specific to HP Tuners not in the case studies leaving original purchasers of version one with the HP Tuners version but with electronic access to case studies from version two using EFI Live.

Personally I would like to download everything electronically and make a ring binder instead of the spiral binder - even if there is some charge for updates for each download.

Not complaining - how Dan is doing this and it appears that first version owners will be getting a good deal on updates.

But there are also all kinds of opportunies with the technology that exists today that allow electronic updates to instructional tutorial type publications. Electronic downloads are more convenient and much cheaper compared to the high cost of printing various editions of books leaving previous editions outdated. Books are nice but in some cases letting the recipient or customer do the printing is more convenient and cheaper for the publisher.

We download legally purchased software now days electronically and it is very convenient.

Maybe Dan can clarify.
Old 12-24-2009, 04:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by dlandsvZ28
According to post #19 by Dan it looks as if we will be able to download Case Studies that have been converted from HPTuners (first version) to EFILive (second version). That said - there is still a lot of information in version one specific to HP Tuners not in the case studies leaving original purchasers of version one with the HP Tuners version but with electronic access to case studies from version two using EFI Live.

Personally I would like to download everything electronically and make a ring binder instead of the spiral binder - even if there is some charge for updates for each download.

Not complaining - how Dan is doing this and it appears that first version owners will be getting a good deal on updates.

But there are also all kinds of opportunies with the technology that exists today that allow electronic updates to instructional tutorial type publications. Electronic downloads are more convenient and much cheaper compared to the high cost of printing various editions of books leaving previous editions outdated. Books are nice but in some cases letting the recipient or customer do the printing is more convenient and cheaper for the publisher.

We download legally purchased software now days electronically and it is very convenient.

Maybe Dan can clarify.
Ah, I see. I guess I miss read. But I agree with you on a download-able online version with updates. A version I could put on my iPhone and have with me all the time would be NICE!

I went ahead and ordered this new book but was a little disappointing to see the only option for shipping for it was still $14. Seems pretty high for just a book. He said was now gonna ship them USPS to save money, and I know it could ship in a medium flat rate box with delivery confirmation for $9.85 paid online... And could ship Media mail since it a book for MUCH less...
Old 12-24-2009, 04:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 99 Likes on 80 Posts

Ah, I see. I guess I miss read. But I agree with you on a download-able online version with updates. A version I could put on my iPhone and have with me all the time would be NICE!

I went ahead and ordered this new book but was a little disappointing to see the only option for shipping for it was still $14. Seems pretty high for just a book. He said was now gonna ship them USPS to save money, and I know it could ship in a medium flat rate box with delivery confirmation for $9.85 paid online... And could ship Media mail since it a book for MUCH less...
I don't have the rates for UPS but I think you will find that the packing box + UPS charges isn't exhorbitant compared to what some companies charge to ship small packages. I recently shipped a letter sized box intra-state in KS and it cost $11.95 UPS ground.

The good news for the EFI live version is that is much cheaper compared to the HPT version one. So with the free updates for case studies - Dan's pricing for EFLIVE version two is very well priced IMO.

Try buying something from Thomason Learning for their training tutorial type manuals and you will see much higher prices.

Dan's profit margins could be even higher IMO if he offered complete electronic downloads similar to buying software online. $40 for an electronic PDF download is still a very good deal since the volume for this manual is far less than similarly priced software that can be electronically downloaded where millions of copies are sold versus perhaps a few thousand.
Old 12-28-2009, 10:11 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by dlandsvZ28

Maybe Dan can clarify.
Yeah, except for all of the people we've already caught copying the book and trying to re-sell it. I'd like to see those folks work for their money just as I have had to. As for digital, we're still working on it. We have yet to find a secure means of digital download that can't be defeated using simple, commercially available software that bypasses the security locks and features found on most downloadable products. As it turns out, I think I've stumbled on the best (and so far my favorite) solution yet over the holiday break that will be secure and a million times more effective than just written pages containing updates...testing is in progress...STAY TUNED FOR MORE.
Old 12-28-2009, 10:21 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Right, but let's not forget the guys in shipping and the associated supplies needed. The books don't come from the printer already enclosed in envelopes or shrink-wrapped (we have to buy that stuff!), nor do they get processed and packed themselves. When I get supplies for free and can find someone willing to work for free, and then get the government to stop asking us for contributions such as Medicare, worker's comp, unemployment insurance, as well as rid ourselves of disability and liability insurance, etc, etc, we'll HAPPILY lower the cost of shipping!! If only....

Quick Reply: check out this great book: engine management advanced tuning by Greg Banish