PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

which package can change FWD/RWD parameter in 02 Vette DBW PCM (0411)?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 09:24 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which package can change FWD/RWD parameter in 02 Vette DBW PCM (0411)?

My speed shop tells me HPTuners can't do it, but apparently that's whats needed to get the shifts straightened out in my 4L60E. Issue reportedly is that since Vette has transaxle, PCM is setup for FWD where VSS is taken off ring gear. My chevelle swap is setup like Fbody, so it needs RWD type VSS interpretation.

Can anyone help me with this one???

Thanks!!
Old 05-21-2009, 09:38 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 7071
My speed shop tells me HPTuners can't do it, but apparently that's whats needed to get the shifts straightened out in my 4L60E. Issue reportedly is that since Vette has transaxle, PCM is setup for FWD where VSS is taken off ring gear. My chevelle swap is setup like Fbody, so it needs RWD type VSS interpretation.

Can anyone help me with this one???

Thanks!!
I'd find a new tuner
I don't even use HP Tuners to trune it only took me less then 2 minutes to find the switch. Look under the Speedometer tab and the is a choice FWD or Transaxle yes or no
Old 05-21-2009, 10:06 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the reply.

I should have said that they saw the FWD/RWD parameter, but cannot change it, like it's locked out.

Maybe this is a version issue? What version did you see this in and do you know if it allows the change?

Thanks!!
Old 05-22-2009, 05:17 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If that's the case, just load a Fbody tune in the PCM. I have the lastest copy of HPTuners, but so should your tuner, since you can just log in on your account and download it. I didn't try to change it. I just looked for the switch, I only use HP Tuner as a scan package, I use TunerCat for programing Email me at poconojoe@verizon.net, I might be able to help you out
Old 05-22-2009, 10:38 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That transaxle button is purely only for the speedo calculator to do the math correctly. IT DOES NOT MAKE A CHANGE IN THE TUNE.

That is why it is greyed out or un changeable.

If you want it to be right, you just have to put in valid information from a camaro or such. That or just do a TRANSFER segment from a rwd of a camaro with the same operating system you have.
Old 05-22-2009, 12:56 PM
Teching In

Because I don't know any better, this prompted more questions (sorry):

So if it's only for the speedo, isn't that important for the trans shiftpoints? My speedshop initially said the reason the shifts weren't right was because live data said the car was going more than 160MPH when it was actually only doing about 20, and this was blamed on VSS pickup point difference (but I don't know if that is the right conclusion).

If I only need valid info from a camaro, what info do I need, and where does it go?

Isn't the operating system the same for the computers, kind of like Linux or something, and the programs are different (corvette program vs camaro program)?

Or is there only one program that goes into a 0411 computer and then just options and variables are set? If this is true, can I just select DBW instead of DBC and I'd be done?

I really don't know what to do here, since I don't have any of the SW packages. I haven't been able to find any documentation of what's what in the PCM either (is it out there?) I'm stuck in the middle with a $300 flash job on my computer and trying to find out if I'm maybe just 1 or 2 variable sets away from success, or if I need to spend another $300 to get someone like Speartech to get it right. I know it can be done...Stu Cool's studebaker is setup the same way and it works (yes he used Speartech)...

Hoping someone can guide me toward the solution.

Thanks!!
Old 05-22-2009, 01:47 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For 160 i can ship you out a done ecm and you get to keep it. It will be fully programmed to your modifications and gearing...