Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P0106 Manifold Absolute Pressure/Barometric Pressure Circuit Range

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 10:16 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P0106 Manifold Absolute Pressure/Barometric Pressure Circuit Range

i have an 02 camaro with a F14 HL 232/234 646./612. cam. i installed the cam about 10k miles ago then got it tuned. i haven't had any problems with ses lights or the tune until 2 days ago.

i have suspected my intake gaskets have been leaking for a month or two but i am not sure.

i popped a SES light two days ago and when i pulled it with a scanner this is what i got...P0106 Manifold Absolute Pressure/Barometric Pressure Circuit Range.

now my car is misfiring while driving, smoking when i start it, and idle high then dropping way too low.

i bought intake gaskets and a map sensor today. i haven't installed them yet because i have a broken arm. i read a lot of posts about this code and it seems like many people are buying new map sensors and that is not fixing it. could it be the intake gaskets or something else?
Old 07-10-2009, 05:28 PM
TECH Resident

i put new intake gaskets on and a new map sensor. still popping the SES light and running like ****!!!! all the vaccume line look good too. please help!!!
Old 07-10-2009, 07:57 PM
10 Second Club

Do you have a scan tool and are there any other codes? Those seem like definite signs of a vacuum leak.

From the manual: The PCM should detect a low signal voltage at a low MAP, such as during an idle or a deceleration. The PCM should detect a high signal voltage at a high MAP, such as the ignition is ON, with the engine OFF, or at a wide open throttle (WOT).

Assuming the MAP sensor is good and plugged in, if it detects a high MAP reading at idle or any incorrect MAP for a given rpm and engine load for that matter it will set the code. Generally a vacuum leak will cause this problem.

Some things to check:

• Restrictions in the MAP sensor vacuum source
  • A MAP sensor seal that is missing or damaged
  • Vacuum hoses that are disconnected, damaged, or incorrectly routed
  • Intake manifold vacuum leaks
  • Vacuum leaks at the throttle body

Quick Reply: P0106 Manifold Absolute Pressure/Barometric Pressure Circuit Range