Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cold start, drive fine, then rough, then fine, HELP lol

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 03:55 AM
10 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Cold start, drive fine, then rough, then fine, HELP lol

Here's my problem. After a cold start, the car will idle fine and drive fine for ~30 seconds/1 minute, after that it seems like it loses a cylinder/just runs really rough and loses power for maybe up to 30 seconds. After that, the car just seems to clear up and drive fine until the car is allowed to sit and cool off. The car is not throwing the SES light for this issue.

This has been doing this since I did my LT headers. When I first did my headers (ebay stainless) I was not able to get my true duals on and had to drive around with open headers for a few days. I first experienced my problem then. It was still happening after I had my exhaust put on. I also changed my plugs at the same time as the headers. Wires were changed after the problem but did not fix it. I already had the emissions codes tuned out for the car prior to the LT swap.

So, if anyone can help, that would be great, this is getting annoying
Old 07-16-2009, 07:41 AM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like one of your closed loop items is not happy and when it's going into closed loop, it's listening to that sensor. Need to log it to see what's out of whack. Try putting it into open loop and see if it acts the same way.
Old 07-16-2009, 10:05 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i would say one of your 02s has gone bad.
Old 07-22-2009, 11:24 AM
10 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Thanks guys, i really don't have anything to log it right now, but I was thinking about throwing in the Corvette o2's since I just spliced my one o2 and extended (though it was doing it before that) and see if new o2's help. I'll check back in with results