PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

who can change my VIN in my pcm?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2009 | 06:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default who can change my VIN in my pcm?

Let me explain what I'm tryin to do. When I done my heads and cam a couple years ago I had a mail order tune done because I had no way of tuning it. I ended up just buying another pcm from the tuner so I could still drive the car while the pcm was being tuned. Well as I have learned a mail order tune does not work so well with larger cams. I have sine bought EFI Live and have got it tuned perfect. Well since I have this other pcm I was just gunna flash it with my current good tune just to have a spare in case something would happen to the one in the car. So I hooked up EFI Live and went to flash my tune in to it and it says the VIN isn't lisenced to my cable. So I looked and the spare pcm has a different VIN than the one in my car and the cable. So in order for me to flash my spare pcm I would have to spend the money for another liscense. That's crazy because it's the same car I thought I would be able to flash the correct VIN in to the pcm but I forgot I can't flash it. Is there anybody you guys know that I can send this pcm to so the VIN can be correct?
Old 07-20-2009 | 08:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

One license per PCM not per car... otherwise everyone would be running their PCM's on one person's PCM's license.
Old 07-20-2009 | 09:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

The license is locked to the PCM itself not the VIN that is in it.

I believe that if you need a new PCM installed EFILive will credit your old license to the new PCM, as long as it is dealer installed.
Old 07-21-2009 | 09:13 AM
9 Second Club

EFILive locks to the serial number of the PCM not the VIN so that is why you couldn't just change the VIN in the other PCM and be able to program it.
Old 07-21-2009 | 11:24 AM
rao
TECH Resident

You can change the VIN with efiLive, but that won't give you a license to tune that PCM, you need to buy a license for that actual PCM to do that

Quick Reply: who can change my VIN in my pcm?