PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Am I asking too much of my tuner????

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 12:46 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can probably find him on the C6 FI section of the corvette forum,look under record setting C6 vettes.
Old 07-29-2009, 03:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

MAF lives in the bin
Setup full OL SD
The car tells you what it needs (via the scanner) so give it to it
Job done
Old 07-29-2009, 08:45 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Ed,pretty much explained everything. A setup like that will not drive like stock BUT it should idle decent without surging ect.I would at minimum have the MAF disabled at idle,if it was my car the MAF would be in the trash.
Old 07-30-2009, 09:50 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by stonabones
I sent you a PM but havent heard back. If your tuning offer still stands, I'd like to take you up on you offer... Please let me know if your still offering... Kyle

Sorry been swamped at the shop. I PMed you back earlier today.
Old 07-31-2009, 05:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Frans96SS
Sorry been swamped at the shop. I PMed you back earlier today.

Above is a great shop to work with
Old 07-31-2009, 07:12 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Exeodus
I am just curious why he has to have such a attitude about disagreeing with somebody else's post. That alone would be enough for me to take my business somewhere else.
Sorry you feel that way. His post was full of factually wrong info, which is now here forever. Someone comes along does a search, and ends up reading a bunch of wrong ****. Problem #1 with the internet.
Old 08-03-2009, 09:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

This is one of my first times venturing into the tuning forum and from this thread I've noticed a few things,
1. RPM seems to be one hell of a customer friendly shop
2. Ed knows his ****
3. Glad to have people in the forums willing to speak their mind when someone else is wrong, even if it is a little abrasive, factual information is a lot more important than the delivery

To the OP:
I hope things with the car work out, it isn't too much to ask for to have a decent tune so you can drive your car and enjoy it often without a ton of problems.
Old 08-07-2009, 08:51 PM
On The Tree

Thanks for all the information guys. Some of it was very helpful. My friend and I took the 7 hour drive to Virginia last night and dropped the car off today with Ed at Virginia Speed. After spending some time with him today I'm confident that we are in good hands... I hope to post some good results at the end of the week...
Old 08-08-2009, 07:46 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

you are without a doubt in good hands. Ed will take care of you and truly knows what he is doing.
Old 08-08-2009, 10:47 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Let me know how it goes.
Old 08-08-2009, 11:12 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by stonabones
Thanks for all the information guys. Some of it was very helpful. My friend and I took the 7 hour drive to Virginia last night and dropped the car off today with Ed at Virginia Speed. After spending some time with him today I'm confident that we are in good hands... I hope to post some good results at the end of the week...
It's coming along nicely. Driveability is night and day. Runs with the AC on now.
Old 08-08-2009, 11:35 AM
10 Second Club

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by edcmat-l1
It's coming along nicely. Driveability is night and day. Runs with the AC on now.
Excellent. How about posting a before and after video? Maybe others will read this and see the video then realize they don't have to accept hack tunes.
Old 08-08-2009, 02:40 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by DrkPhx
Excellent. How about posting a before and after video? Maybe others will read this and see the video then realize they don't have to accept hack tunes.
I'll see if I can do an after video. I didn't take any before videos though. Maybe I'll put it back the way it was and do a video.

It took some work to get the AC idle nailed, but it drives incredibly well for the cam that's in it.
Old 08-08-2009, 02:43 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Slowhawk
Ed,pretty much explained everything. A setup like that will not drive like stock BUT it should idle decent without surging ect.I would at minimum have the MAF disabled at idle,if it was my car the MAF would be in the trash.
No more MAF. SD all the way. OL idle. Got several things to do this week including IAT conversion, ditch the MAF, F45 delete to get rid of the "service ride control" warning. Lot's o' good stuff!

Also gonna try and get it certified for him.

This coming Friday, should be doing some dyno pulls on the hose!!!
Old 08-08-2009, 07:11 PM
Launching!

Post air temp correction and pressure too.

I hope the car works out for you.

I know my info is totally wrong. I should delete it all so not as to misinform the public.

Tuners know everything. Problem number 1 with tuners thinking they do engineering work.
Old 08-08-2009, 07:46 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Radcannon
I know my info is totally wrong. I should delete it all so not as to misinform the public.
First step is knowing. Now go do it.

Tuners know everything. Problem number 1 with tuners thinking they do engineering work.
I'm not an engineer, and judging by your posts, neither are you.
Old 08-08-2009, 07:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

pm sent edcmat
Old 08-08-2009, 09:51 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't think you know us all... and that second lump of words is not a sentence.

I'm sure Ed will get the car tamed up and that the owner will be happy.
Old 08-09-2009, 10:07 PM
On The Tree

This will be a true test of Ed's tuning capability... I've had this car tuned by four different tuners in the North East (I will not mention any names, but I'm sure you all would know a few) and haven’t been happy with any of the tunes... I have to say that of the four tuners we've used to date that three of them have sincerely tried to make it right... The last local tuner, who happens to be one of our good friends, has gone far above and beyond to make this setup work. I am a bit of a perfectionist so the tuners definitely have their hands full... If Ed can fix the issues that all others have been unable to, then in my eyes he'd be "The Man"! I sincerely hope that he is… Stay tuned…
Old 08-10-2009, 06:59 AM
Launching!

Actually alot of the info is right, I realized there were some mistakes like I said and then went back and corrected. And actually I am a Mechanical Engineer, automotive and controls specialty. I do calibration on production vehicles but I am sure I don't know ****, educations are worthless along with degrees I guess. Damn should have been an independent high school educated tuner.

And don't get me wrong I am not saying all tuners. I am just saying ed. He seems to be all knowing and quick to attack other ppl he doesn't see eye to eye with, but I can tell you I think i understand PCM and logic. And Ed if you have issues with my posts why don't u just quote them and tell everyone how stupid I must be by correcting them for me. Since I obviously must not understand.

Quick Reply: Am I asking too much of my tuner????