Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Am I asking too much of my tuner????

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 11:54 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Radcannon
No didn't say me. i may but I am not the one to judge that but I know they do because of their position in society and their education. You don't get that high up in a company that is major without some sort of knowledge it speaks for itself.
None of those people are here spouting BS. You are.

I already argued it but was told I was wrong. I asked them again, multiple people but they are all wrong. I base my opinions and beliefs on people in the real world who have actual knowledge and understanding of the base systems and the fundamentals that drive them. I am not attacking anyone or trying to wrong anyone.
I base my opinions on what I know as FACT. What I see EVERYDAY. Not something I was taught. Not what other people tell me. I'm a skeptic at heart. I find alot of things hard to believe, unless I see for myself.

I am just asking that you not be so quick to tell me I am so wrong and ignorant, telling people to not belief my BS rants when, in reality they probably should take it into account.
I'll be the first to tell you you're wrong, when you are. You come on telling everyone how a set of headers are worthless on a stock engine. I've been building cars since before you were born. Headers are, and always have been one of the best HP improvements you can do to an engine, stock or not. This is something I know, because I've seen the results, DYNO PROVEN results, time and time again. It's not something that I learned from talking to someone who's "in the know" or by doing a simulation.

Your tuning advice was all over the place. Most of it was dead wrong. Not just what you were saying, but the context in which it was in. Again, you don't know me, my education, level of expertise, etc. So don't tell me about what your mentor knows that I don't.

I am not here to quote people or waste peoples time that have more important things to do than be on this forum. I already have by some of this bs; therefore, i am done on this site indefinitely. You can talk whatever **** you want and go on but my opinions and those of people I respect who are knowledge is insignificant to some of your "real world" experience.
You've spent an awful lot of time on here, wasting people's time. Some of it has been comical, at other times just a PITA. That's "pain in the ***" in case you didn't understand acronyms.

Maybe you should show your mentor the crap you're spewing on here, and see what he has to say about that. But, you probably won't, cause he'll put you on computer restriction.
Old 08-26-2009, 12:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Ed..... I wish I could help you. Every time you commented on something I said and told me how wrong I was, I relayed it to someone who knows way more than you could ever dream. My mentor who does alot in the engineering world and has cars that would make you cry, and he disputed alot of what you said; actually another guy that kind of mentors me too and I respect and look up to disagreed with your tuning comments to me and the way you tuned. I am sure he is wrong though he only designed the logic you are using and did the first production controls and tunes on alot of the engines you work on. He is an unclassified now managing two departments so **** yes I will get defensive when you talk **** on me because it reflects on him and he knows infinitely more than what I do but alot of my knowledge comes from them. If you disagree with me I only wish they could come down and work on your engine and tune it instead of you because you would feel worthless after telling them how stupid they are. They do so much more than you ever will you turn the parts they design in their spare time. I actually learned more from him speaking against your beliefs than your rants. So really when you are arguing with my refutes you are arguing with a 60 and a 50 year old engineer who can answer any question I ask from tuning to material properties and flow analysis. Please stop talking down to me like that because I will continue to get so defensive because you are speaking bad of either one of them. I may not know as much as you think you do but they sure as hell know 50x's more than you and could run circles around you without even blinking.
Mentor is probably stuck in the "old ways" of thinking. Probably one of those guys who thinks carb vs Fuel Injection and thinks that synthetic oils will destroy your engine.......

Lets put all the nonsense aside. The car was tuned by Virgina Speed and Ed....4 other "tuners" probably spouting the same nonsense you do, couldn't get the job done, and this guy, after claiming you were full of ****, was able to do exactly what he said he was going to do......

Put your "simulations" aside because they are all flawed, they were written by other apparent "geniuses", much like yourself, who obviously do not know the difference in "Perfect World Scenario" and "Real Life". Trust me, with all the stupid schooling I went through working for Halliburton, I will tell you, their is a difference between books and computers and actuality.

For example, on the computer ...I am 25 with looks like Brad Pitt and I am wealthier then Donald Trump... "YOUR FIRED!!"

In actuality, my face looks more like Mark Whalberg *sp* I gained 35lbs this last year, and I went from a 100k a year job to being unemployed because I refuse to take a job that I'm over qualified and underpaid for...

But according to the simulation....I am rich...and I didn't gain that 25lbs last year.

I just spent literally 5 hours reviewing almost all every thread you have ever posted in. Not just your replies but all of the replies, and after careful review, I do believe, you are no better then the "techs" at Autozone who's entire knowledge is based on what their computer tells them.

My wife graduates soon and then goes to med school to be a doctor, maybe I'll have her come in here and diagnose you as insane.....that's the same thing right? Btw she started off as an engineer major and only changed AFTER she had done all the reqs. for it when she decided she wanted to become a DDS instead. I guarantee you that you do not know as much about math as you claim, with all your talks on fluid dynamics which ...seems to prove everything because of fluid dynamics.....

This was my first last and only rant I have regarding this guy...... and I'm glad you got the bugs worked out of your Vette. I wouldn't wana cross paths with it in my Z28 that's for sure.
Old 09-01-2009, 08:28 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just a little update... The car still runs great... When to the track on Thursday night to get a few NA passes before we spray it next week... On Drag Radials and not on Kill mode in the heat it went 10.93 @ 129.33... I'm, pretty confident with good air and slicks and a little seat time we'll get her to 10.50s N/A.... Anyone want to guess what it'll run on the spray with slicks?
6 spd with Spec twin disc, c6 zo6 rear w 3.42 rear, tr6060 trans, car is full weight plus... around 3650 I guess.... Motor makes 522 rwhp and 469 rwtq... N/A and on the spray it made 762 rwhp 701 rwtq… N20...
Old 09-01-2009, 09:16 AM
11 Second Club

That's a pretty nice pass N/A. I'd guess mid 9's on the bottle depending on traction.
Old 09-06-2009, 12:03 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by NSSANE02
That's a pretty nice pass N/A. I'd guess mid 9's on the bottle depending on traction.
Thanks... I'd be really happy to be in the mid 9's with my 6 spd
Old 09-06-2009, 01:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Wait wait wait wait....you go to Purdue? This has got to be Dottie....Who are you Radcannon? I'm sure you are in PAPA if you really go to Purdue. I won't tell anyone on here who you really are, I would just like to know myself.
Old 09-07-2009, 11:29 AM
Launching!

haha yep your right.... I am a moron. Just design the engines u guys work an and seem to know so much about....

And im glad you have 762 rwhp car... I have a 600 rwhp and just over 800 congrats. Did them myself.

Anyone who does a SD tune on a camed car knows **** sorry. Real world facts. Maf sensor is accurate to within 5% thats why car companies use them and a competent know it all tuner would have done a mafed based tune and used PE to enrich at air flow above the saturation limit of the maf... **** i would love to hear one of you guys tell me how a maf works ill give you a hint it has a couple of resistive wires in it. You have pressure fluctuations in any intake especially a cammed intake. While you can get it right it was PITA I am sure and took at least 6-7 hours.

I didn't really even choose to read your comments but thats fine. You guys are morons. Sad fact of the world is that there is a reason educated ppl get paid and have jobs and design parts.

You are probably the people that think engines "knock" or detonate hahaha far from the truth. The noise is an audible knock yes from the pressure waves traveling throughout the block.

Probably don't even know how compression ratios affect engines just think they make more power. Or why flat top or dished pistons are better than domed and why heads should be shaved instead of pistons domed. Or the affects of different heat of vaporizations on fuel. Or dual injection for catalyst lighting and charge cooling. Or a DI stratified or homogeneous engine. Or why a DI engine runs about 1 compression ratio high on pump gas than a PFI. Or why cams are retarded to improve fuel economy. Or best injector location. Or how mixture motion in heads affect combustion and how to improve combustion. Or what you are doing when you port a head and the proper way to do it to promote high velocity and good swirl motion. Or how the induction system really works and what is and isn't beneficial. Or how to figure out the amount of methanol to inject into the engine before even tuning.

There are those who turn dials because they have learned from their experience and then there are those who take their knowledge and experience and turn dials and update things having in mind their desired result and seeing it happen. I know how it affects combustion and the whole nine yards. And thats why i run high methanol injection in my blown motor to avoid stochastic pre-ignition which is caused by high heat of vaporization fuels and oil dilution and can light the mixture at 90+ degrees advanced. Might not destroy an engine thats built but its definitely very hard on it and raises cylinder pressures significantly over double. Probably not sure what the looks like on a LOG PV diagram either and are probably like oh **** it doubles peak pressures its got to make WAY more POWER. Or what pre-ignition or auto-ignition which u guys probably refer to as detonation looks like and how mbt is affected by engine geometries. Or why stock motors run high boost levels compared the fuel they use because they don't approach MBT. **** though I don't mean to talk above all you guys. I am sure you all know the typical peak cylinder pressures in engines though and have alot of magazine reading and screw turning and internet reading to get where you are today. Sorry **** sucks when you don't have an education and think you are an internet bad ***.

Have a good day

20 years ago headers made a major difference. Today not really. Flow recovery yes good for some power. Scavenging not especially on stock motors with ls6 intakes. Probably don't even know why the ls6 intake has no egr and how that affects breathing capabilities of the engine and how the cam choice was driven.

Thanks skull for messaging me so I could tell you guys whats up. Go ahead and talk **** because I know i just far surpassed ur knowledge on here.

We could talk about VGT, T/S, Single Scroll just to mention a few turbos and talk about their benefits if you want. Or we could talk about positive displacement blowers, piston type blowers, screw blowers or variable compression ratio engines or HCCI and how it works. Oh thats right you guys all do race tunes and know the ****. Race tuning is a joke compared to production motors. How does ur **** smell with ur head so far up ur ***

Last edited by Radcannon; 09-07-2009 at 11:38 AM.
Old 09-07-2009, 11:41 AM
Launching!

I would love to have one of you explain Heat Transfer in % of fuel energy and how Surface to volume ratios affect indicated efficiencies of motors and what a longer stroke than bore does and vice versa. And how that all affects the way an engine makes power.... U guys know so much more than me apparently maybe I should learn from all of u.

Are there higher pressure areas during normal combustion and is the heat constant in all zones of the cylinders... I really would love to hear it.
Old 09-07-2009, 12:06 PM
TECH Regular

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts

20 years ago....
You're an idiot...plain and simple. Go annoy some other board.
Old 09-07-2009, 12:17 PM
11 Second Club

What the **** does any of that **** have to do with this guys car? I thought you were done with this board and left, what happened to that?
Old 09-07-2009, 01:14 PM
11 Second Club

Thanks for that, now can a mod please this little **** head.
Old 09-07-2009, 01:16 PM
Launching!

ya please do i already asked a couple of them too. I have no help for ppl who know ****. Your 02 ss that u tuned did 11.5 damn im jealous hahahaha. I can't believe the stock bottom end would handle that.

Go spew ur uneducated bull **** to someone who gives a **** and believes your "experience." There are stock long block ls1's by ppl who actually know **** that are in 11's. I am sure you guys could them though too.
Old 09-07-2009, 01:18 PM
11 Second Club

Your 02 ss that u tuned did 11.5 damn im jealous hahahaha. I can't believe the stock bottom end would handle that.
Stock longblock dip ****.
Old 09-07-2009, 01:21 PM
11 Second Club

Internal reffers to any INTERNAL engine part. Please go away.
Old 09-07-2009, 01:24 PM
11 Second Club

There are stock long block ls1's by ppl who actually know **** that are in 11's.
Wait... are you saying I know **** now?
Old 09-07-2009, 03:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

20 years ago headers made a major difference. Today not really. Flow recovery yes good for some power. Scavenging not especially on stock motors with ls6 intakes. Probably don't even know why the ls6 intake has no egr and how that affects breathing capabilities of the engine and how the cam choice was driven.

Thanks skull for messaging me so I could tell you guys whats up. Go ahead and talk **** because I know i just far surpassed ur knowledge on here.
Not exactly what you are thanking me for, I sent you a pretty unbiased message and you responded like a D-bag. What I do know is that my LS6, with the LS6 intake you are talking about, made 30hp with a tune, so they clearly did make a pretty good difference.
Old 09-07-2009, 03:48 PM
11 Second Club

Hey Rad, if you're such a ******* genius, why do you keep deleting all your jackass posts?
Old 09-07-2009, 03:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Here was the PM I sent and his reply...just for you all to see....

Originally Posted by SkullV
Hey man,

You go to Purdue? Are you in PAPA? Just figured I MUST know you or your car if you are down here.

Ted
haha nope thanks for the sarcasm. I actually go to GMI. Good luck though. i must have beat your car if i saw you. Sucks to get beat by a 20 year old who did all the design and tuning on his cars.
Old 09-07-2009, 05:12 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

haha yep your right.... I am a moron. Just design the engines u guys work an and seem to know so much about....
If you're in school, and I've been to GMI, a buddy of mine went there, you're not designing anything.

Also, they educate you the way THEY WANT YOU EDUCATED. They don't promote creative thinking. Like I said, a buddy of mine went there. I've been there.

Anyone who does a SD tune on a camed car knows **** sorry. Real world facts. Maf sensor is accurate to within 5% thats why car companies use them and a competent know it all tuner would have done a mafed based tune and used PE to enrich at air flow above the saturation limit of the maf...
Huh......Well I guess you oughta go tell the MOPAR engineers that. They've been gettin by without a MAF since, well, forever.

**** i would love to hear one of you guys tell me how a maf works ill give you a hint it has a couple of resistive wires in it. You have pressure fluctuations in any intake especially a cammed intake. While you can get it right it was PITA I am sure and took at least 6-7 hours.
I know PRECISELY how a MAF works. Both GMs, and Fords. Do you? Really? They're different ya know.

Sad fact of the world is that there is a reason educated ppl get paid and have jobs and design parts.
You ain't one of those edumacated ppl gettin paid designing parts. Youse a wannabe school boy.

Probably don't even know how compression ratios affect engines just think they make more power. Or why flat top or dished pistons are better than domed and why heads should be shaved instead of pistons domed.
Yep. I don't know anything like that........

You know, how chamber shape changes efficiency. Or how flame propagation is affected by piston crown shape, chamber size and shape, quench, spark plug location, etc.

Or the affects of different heat of vaporizations on fuel. Or dual injection for catalyst lighting and charge cooling. Or a DI stratified or homogeneous engine. Or why a DI engine runs about 1 compression ratio high on pump gas than a PFI. Or why cams are retarded to improve fuel economy. Or best injector location. Or how mixture motion in heads affect combustion and how to improve combustion. Or what you are doing when you port a head and the proper way to do it to promote high velocity and good swirl motion. Or how the induction system really works and what is and isn't beneficial. Or how to figure out the amount of methanol to inject into the engine before even tuning.

There are those who turn dials because they have learned from their experience and then there are those who take their knowledge and experience and turn dials and update things having in mind their desired result and seeing it happen. I know how it affects combustion and the whole nine yards. And thats why i run high methanol injection in my blown motor to avoid stochastic pre-ignition which is caused by high heat of vaporization fuels and oil dilution and can light the mixture at 90+ degrees advanced. Might not destroy an engine thats built but its definitely very hard on it and raises cylinder pressures significantly over double. Probably not sure what the looks like on a LOG PV diagram either and are probably like oh **** it doubles peak pressures its got to make WAY more POWER. Or what pre-ignition or auto-ignition which u guys probably refer to as detonation looks like and how mbt is affected by engine geometries. Or why stock motors run high boost levels compared the fuel they use because they don't approach MBT. **** though I don't mean to talk above all you guys. I am sure you all know the typical peak cylinder pressures in engines though and have alot of magazine reading and screw turning and internet reading to get where you are today. Sorry **** sucks when you don't have an education and think you are an internet bad ***.
^^^Random crap you spewed from you text books........

Really? No difference? Huh......Well, don't know how it happened, but we just put a set on a C5 and they made almost 30 rwhp with NO TUNING! Damn, I should go back and tell the owner it musta been fake!?!

I've got a dyno graph that PROVES what the difference is. Do you have any dyno graphs that PROVE your opinion?

You surpassed no one's knowledge. You've done nothing except show your ever increasing ignorance.

We could talk about VGT, T/S, Single Scroll just to mention a few turbos and talk about their benefits if you want. Or we could talk about positive displacement blowers, piston type blowers, screw blowers or variable compression ratio engines or HCCI and how it works. Oh thats right you guys all do race tunes and know the ****. Race tuning is a joke compared to production motors. How does ur **** smell with ur head so far up ur ***
I don't know what all that's about, but I can tell you FROM EXPERIENCE, tuning a modified engine is FAR MORE difficult than tuning a production motor. And yes, if you'd like to carry on an intelligent conversation about turbos, PD blowers, etc., that would be great. I am intelligent, and experienced enough to participate.

Keep flappin yer jaws and removing all doubt about the level of your intellect.
Old 09-07-2009, 07:17 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

And im glad you have 762 rwhp car... I have a 600 rwhp and just over 800 congrats. Did them myself.

Anyone who does a SD tune on a camed car knows **** sorry. Real world facts. Maf sensor is accurate to within 5% thats why car companies use them and a competent know it all tuner would have done a mafed based tune and used PE to enrich at air flow above the saturation limit of the maf... **** i would love to hear one of you guys tell me how a maf works ill give you a hint it has a couple of resistive wires in it. You have pressure fluctuations in any intake especially a cammed intake. While you can get it right it was PITA I am sure and took at least 6-7 hours.

I didn't really even choose to read your comments but thats fine. You guys are morons. Sad fact of the world is that there is a reason educated ppl get paid and have jobs and design parts.

You are probably the people that think engines "knock" or detonate hahaha far from the truth. The noise is an audible knock yes from the pressure waves traveling throughout the block.

Probably don't even know how compression ratios affect engines just think they make more power. Or why flat top or dished pistons are better than domed and why heads should be shaved instead of pistons domed. Or the affects of different heat of vaporizations on fuel. Or dual injection for catalyst lighting and charge cooling. Or a DI stratified or homogeneous engine. Or why a DI engine runs about 1 compression ratio high on pump gas than a PFI. Or why cams are retarded to improve fuel economy. Or best injector location. Or how mixture motion in heads affect combustion and how to improve combustion. Or what you are doing when you port a head and the proper way to do it to promote high velocity and good swirl motion. Or how the induction system really works and what is and isn't beneficial. Or how to figure out the amount of methanol to inject into the engine before even tuning.

Have a good day

man,you have got to be the biggest egotistical idiot oh this board.anybody that has to use all of those big words to make himeself feel smart is def an idiot.
as far as what we may or may not know-here are some of the accomplisments by the guys at Virginia Speed.

designed and built the most powerful lsx engine in the country-which also happens to be the fastest single turbo radial car in the country

tuned fastest stock longblock ls car-124mph if i'm correct

built the most powerful stock bottom end 6.0 gto

built the most powerful stock bottom end gto with l92 heads

built and tuned 700hp 5.9 cummins marine diesel,best hp-weight ratio of any marine diesel in the world.tuned in house with cummins calmap software.

built and tuned only diesel axial vector engine in the world-makes 1800ft lbs and 1200rpm

And the list goes on-this is just a couple highlights.

you can rattle on about everything you know,this is stuff we have done.

Ed proved he can back his **** up,how about you?I would put Ed up against any tuner in the world-race,oem,whatever.

Quick Reply: Am I asking too much of my tuner????