PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

best tuners in fort worth speed density, maf, or cmr?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 09:50 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default best tuners in fort worth speed density, maf, or cmr?

trying to figure what direction i should go for the tune on my new setup. i read the sticky and i am going to be at 15 lbs of boost so i assume speed density what do yall think? shops with numbers would be a big help. i was also wondering if cmr would be good. i have an iron 402 with compstar crank and rods (arp 2000 bolts), wiesco blower pistons 8:1 with steel top ring, ported dart 225's, comp 265hr cam ( may change to bigger soon), procharger d1 w 3.7 pulley, ls1 intake w/o egr tube, 80lb high imp injectors, 8an feed, 1/2" return, dual walbro in tank, boost ref regulator, ati damper, 1 7/8 headers. all in front of a level 4 r*ck on 4l60 and a chrysler 8 3/4 rear with 3:55 for the street and 4:56 for the track. rpm in lewisville tuned it last
Old 08-06-2009, 10:19 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

There really is no right or wrong answer here.

This is a decision that needs to be made by you and your tuner, as to who/what/how it will be tuned.

I can say if you decide to go with CMR, you'll be fine, heres a nice FI combo we tuned here a while back.
Same car had a P-1 before the TT and made 615 rwhp at 7 psi, then moved on to this:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/dynamomet...ottom-end.html
Old 08-06-2009, 10:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

i have a predator with a tune for 6-8 psi stock pump with ati inline and p1 with 38lb inj. can a tune be put into it just so i can start it up and pull on the trailer or even better drive it safely to get it fine tuned? i never used the predator and have a tune in the car from rpm for the old set up with 42's. but it didnt make much in numbers and a ring land let go under detonation on the way home from the shop. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Originally Posted by Mike@Diablosport
There really is no right or wrong answer here.

This is a decision that needs to be made by you and your tuner, as to who/what/how it will be tuned.

I can say if you decide to go with CMR, you'll be fine, heres a nice FI combo we tuned here a while back.
Same car had a P-1 before the TT and made 615 rwhp at 7 psi, then moved on to this:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/dynamomet...ottom-end.html

Last edited by blown99bergerssclone; 08-06-2009 at 03:16 PM.
Old 08-06-2009, 01:13 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

LS1Tech 10 Year

Contact the tuner that made your P1 tune with CMR, have him make you a new tune for the 80# injectors, so at least it will idle/drive OK, and he can email that to you.
Load it to the Predator, flash it to the car, and you're good to go to get to the dyno.
Old 08-06-2009, 02:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Contact the tuner that made your P1 tune with CMR, have him make you a new tune for the 80# injectors, so at least it will idle/drive OK, and he can email that to you.
Load it to the Predator, flash it to the car, and you're good to go to get to the dyno.
i bought it with the p1 as a kit with the small injectors then changed to the d1 and 42s. it came already tuned and the shop that i bought from is out of buisness. i have the reciept and paper work but have no idea who actually did the tune.
Old 08-06-2009, 02:58 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by blown99bergerssclone
i bought it with the p1 as a kit with the small injectors then changed to the d1 and 42s. it came already tuned and the shop that i bought from is out of buisness. i have the reciept and paper work but have no idea who actually did the tune.
Well, its tough for me to determine what state it is in now, plug it in and go to options/car tune and see what it says there, if it is unlocked, it will read whatever is in your PCM so you can export it and email it to me, and I can set you up with a starter file.
Old 08-06-2009, 03:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

right now it is as it was shipped to me. the car has a tune with hp tuners if i remember right. as for the diablo all i have used it for is diagnostics so far. where can i get a cable to hook it to the computer so i can email it. is it something i can get at a comp store? will i need a program for it to work with vista? thanks

Well, its tough for me to determine what state it is in now, plug it in and go to options/car tune and see what it says there, if it is unlocked, it will read whatever is in your PCM so you can export it and email it to me, and I can set you up with a starter file.
Old 08-06-2009, 03:34 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

LS1Tech 10 Year

USB to serial cable, can get it anywhere.
If you have a laptop, plug the pred in the car for power, if not, get a 12V 1 amp power supply to plug in the top.

Software can be downloaded from our site here:
http://diablosport.com/downloads/pre...erface_108.exe
And it will work fine with Vista.

Plug the tool in, and go through the menu to install a tune, and first thin it will do is read the stock tune and save it, once it says 'original backup has been saved', click OK then unplug it, no need to install a tune at this point.

Let me know when you get that far, and we'll go from there.
Old 08-06-2009, 03:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

thanks i will pick one up and get back with you. i really appreciate the help.

USB to serial cable, can get it anywhere.
If you have a laptop, plug the pred in the car for power, if not, get a 12V 1 amp power supply to plug in the top.

Software can be downloaded from our site here:
http://diablosport.com/downloads/pre...erface_108.exe
And it will work fine with Vista.

Plug the tool in, and go through the menu to install a tune, and first thin it will do is read the stock tune and save it, once it says 'original backup has been saved', click OK then unplug it, no need to install a tune at this point.

Let me know when you get that far, and we'll go from there.