2555016 mt drag radial
8.0 @ 88 mph in 1/8th mile

99 ls1, full drop 1.75 inch headers
ls1 intake
30lb svo injectors
comp cam -Basic Operating RPM Range 1,800-6,800
Intake Duration at 050 inch Lift 222
Exhaust Duration at 050 inch Lift 224
Duration at 050 inch Lift 222 int./224 exh.
Advertised Intake Duration 275
Advertised Exhaust Duration 277
Advertised Duration 275 int./277 exh.
Intake Valve Lift with Factory Rocker Arm Ratio 0.566 in.
Exhaust Valve Lift with Factory Rocker Arm Ratio 0.568 in.
Valve Lift with Factory Rocker Arm Ratio 0.566 int./0.568 exh. lift
Lobe Separation (degrees) 112
ported throttle body, descreened maf
real cold air intake
i think there is some power missing. any help would be great. if this car had a carb i would be all set be all set. take a look and let me know what you think
thanks
Attached Files
File Type: hpt
jamiebasetune.hpt (445.2 KB, 152 views)
Old 08-14-2009, 07:03 AM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well, if you tuned the VE tables, primary and secondary, you did it wrong because they do not match.

Your PE table is a train wreck, it should never look like that, ever.

WAY TOO much timing, holy crap I almost fell out of my chair.

You need to start over.
Old 08-14-2009, 08:10 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I had my 98 Camaro I had almost the exact cam you have. 224/224 on a 112 with same .568 lift if I remember right. About 28* WOT timing was optimum.
Old 08-14-2009, 10:34 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 69LT1Bird
Well, if you tuned the VE tables, primary and secondary, you did it wrong because they do not match.

Your PE table is a train wreck, it should never look like that, ever.

WAY TOO much timing, holy crap I almost fell out of my chair.

You need to start over.
thanks i didnt tune it, somebody who said they knew what they were doing did. he let me borrow hp tuners and the cable so i will find somebody to change it .iam not comfortable with it yet. thanks
Old 08-14-2009, 12:31 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would advise you to NOT be running that at WOT and DEFINITELY not on a drag strip unless you have a grudge against your engine. That looks like small block chevy timing and is probably 10 degrees too high at WOT and more in other areas... I would demand an explanation from the tuner. There are places that it will hit 44deg at WOT for crying out loud. Couple that with the fact that you made your low octane the same as the HO (why?!?) and I would say that cal looks like trouble.

Your injectors have only IFR changed, nothing else, your Idle adpative spark over/under control has been basically rendered useless, your MAF was not tuned it was just raised by a value of less than 1 across the board, etc.... just some secondary things I noticed at a glance.
Old 08-14-2009, 01:50 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Frost
I would advise you to NOT be running that at WOT and DEFINITELY not on a drag strip unless you have a grudge against your engine. That looks like small block chevy timing and is probably 10 degrees too high at WOT and more in other areas... I would demand an explanation from the tuner. There are places that it will hit 44deg at WOT for crying out loud. Couple that with the fact that you made your low octane the same as the HO (why?!?) and I would say that cal looks like trouble.

Your injectors have only IFR changed, nothing else, your Idle adpative spark over/under control has been basically rendered useless, your MAF was not tuned it was just raised by a value of less than 1 across the board, etc.... just some secondary things I noticed at a glance.
please pick it apart the more ammo i have the better,
and iam being serious thanks for looking
Old 08-14-2009, 02:01 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

whoever tuned this for you doesn't like you. There is no way a LS engine, not even one with L92 heads would last with that timing. Maybe if you had 8:1 compression i guess.
Generally, you need the least timing at torque peak, not the most. So, the real question is how much has this tune cost you so far? You best be checking your rod bearings.
Old 08-14-2009, 02:17 PM
Launching!

There are places that it will hit 44deg at WOT for crying out loud.
Wow.

I use TC, so I can't see the tune. I wish I could as bad as you guys are describing it. Imagine what other cars that are out there that this guy has tuned. Geez.
Old 08-14-2009, 02:22 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Sweetred95ta
Wow.

I use TC, so I can't see the tune. I wish I could as bad as you guys are describing it. Imagine what other cars that are out there that this guy has tuned. Geez.
Here ya go:

Attached Thumbnails any one wanna check my tune-crazy_timing.jpg  
Old 08-14-2009, 02:29 PM
Launching!

Here ya go:
Good God. Even at maximum knock retard, the PCM wouldn't be able to pull enough time out to actually make it safe, again. Good thing this guy posted this up. That right there, without any other evidence, shows that the "tuner" doesn't know what he's doing at all. I wonder how many motors he's toasted doing this crap.
Old 08-14-2009, 02:44 PM
Staging Lane

well can anybody post what that table should look like. iam having somebody else tune it tomooorw and fix that mess. so far i havent payed a thing untill my **** is faster than it is. thanks for all the input. time for as *** beating
so far no funny noises from engine and oil pressure is still mid to hi 50lbs or pressure
Old 08-14-2009, 02:50 PM
Launching!

I'd post mine, but I'm running L92's and more timing than you'd need. It sounds like your timing is only one of the many things wrong with your tune. You need someone that is competent to tune the car. If your new tuner needs a timing table off of the internet, he's not competent enough to fix the tune. JMO.
Old 08-14-2009, 03:08 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by overkill-lt1
well can anybody post what that table should look like. iam having somebody else tune it tomooorw and fix that mess. so far i havent payed a thing untill my **** is faster than it is. thanks for all the input. time for as *** beating
so far no funny noises from engine and oil pressure is still mid to hi 50lbs or pressure
With your AFR Correction base zeroed out as it is your high octane should look something like this:
Attached Thumbnails any one wanna check my tune-timing-table.jpg  
Old 08-14-2009, 07:18 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Larry
With your AFR Correction base zeroed out as it is your high octane should look something like this:
i will take a stab tonite on chaging this table to what your shows here
thanks
Old 08-15-2009, 11:31 AM
Staging Lane

anybody else wanns take a poke at it. i need some more info so i can kick my tuners ***. thanks
Old 08-16-2009, 10:18 AM
Launching!

This is the reason I didn't post mine up. Why do you think his table should look like yours? 28* at WOT may be too much for his setup. I've seen some cars that only like up to 25* of advance at WOT. Anything more and you're just going to hurt the motor. He didn't hear the motor making noise at 44*, so I wouldn't assume he'd hear it at 28* (if it's spark knocking). For the OP, I'd run that table (which still has spots that could be improved on, but is WAY safer/better than yours) but at WOT (~.6 gm/cyl and up) run 25*. It'll be much safer that way. Then, for your low octane table, take 5* out in the upper rpm areas at WOT. Log the car to see if you're getting spark retard or not.
Old 08-16-2009, 10:20 AM
FormerVendor

That's correct; I likewise have never had a car on the dyno with stock compression or higher that wanted 28deg everywhere at WOT.
Old 08-16-2009, 11:23 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Sweetred95ta
This is the reason I didn't post mine up. Why do you think his table should look like yours? 28* at WOT may be too much for his setup. I've seen some cars that only like up to 25* of advance at WOT. Anything more and you're just going to hurt the motor. He didn't hear the motor making noise at 44*, so I wouldn't assume he'd hear it at 28* (if it's spark knocking). For the OP, I'd run that table (which still has spots that could be improved on, but is WAY safer/better than yours) but at WOT (~.6 gm/cyl and up) run 25*. It'll be much safer that way. Then, for your low octane table, take 5* out in the upper rpm areas at WOT. Log the car to see if you're getting spark retard or not.
I said "something" like this table. Much closer than his current. Sure every engine is different and he would have to make changes as required. I did run a 10.76 @ 122.?? mph with that timing. Even tried 30* WOT timing but gained nothing, and no timing retard at 30, so 28* for my set up was about optimum.
Old 08-16-2009, 01:39 PM
Launching!

I did run a 10.76 @ 122.?? mph with that timing.
I bet you could run a little faster if you massaged your timing table at WOT to favor your peak torque areas. A straight 28* all the way across isn't the 'optimal' amount of timing advance.
Old 08-16-2009, 05:02 PM
Staging Lane

thanks for all the help. got alot of things "fixed" last night. trims were set , timing was gone over and alot was changed, car runs real strong. Only isse was his wide band craped out and we had to stop there. but we are going to finish it up next weekend. does anybody have access to the bin files on hp tuners so i can look at other tunes to get an idea what what tunes supposed to look like. thanks again