Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tunercats for OBD1 ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 10:02 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Tunercats for OBD1 ?

I've been looking into buying the tunercats OBD1 software for my 94 LT1. I've never done any tunning my self and am not one to jump in with out reading up on things, i would just like to have teh capability to tweak my tune on track day or on the dyno since i only know of one shop around me that has the capability but from what i understand their not the greatest with their software.

So i guess what i'm looking for is, is this software user friendly, and do you think it would be worth it?
Old 11-02-2009, 10:07 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've been using TunerCat for OBD1 since 2001 I think. I find it fine, with any tuning software, if you don't know what you're changing, you can do damage, but if you do know what you want from the engine, it's great.

I've seen the beta for the new OBD1 tuner as well, and I like it even better in terms of ease of use, but it's not out yet.

Also, every time I've asked for help/advice/a software update...it's happened incredibly fast, even 8 years later, he still replies to me right away...I asked him if I could pay for my license a second time and he said no lol.
Old 11-02-2009, 10:20 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would never jump in and try to do all the tunning at once, i wont change anything until i'm comfertable with what i'm doing.. But what is the Beta program your talking about?
Old 11-10-2009, 05:31 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

He's just got a new version of the tuner that organizes tables and switches and constants better...I'm pretty sure once it's released it's going to be a free upgrade for existing customers.