PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Master efi tuner - gm efi...pre-order now

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 10:08 PM
9 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Does this book cover how to tune for driveability? All the steps needed to tune a car to reduce bucking and surging down low. I think I have tried almost every table people have recommended and maybe its just the nature of the beast. I have used many tips off of the hptuners forums yet nothing seems to help.
Old 01-10-2010, 01:03 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nitroused383
Does this book cover how to tune for driveability? All the steps needed to tune a car to reduce bucking and surging down low. I think I have tried almost every table people have recommended and maybe its just the nature of the beast. I have used many tips off of the hptuners forums yet nothing seems to help.
Dan, I think he's asking if your book comes with tech support.
Old 01-12-2010, 09:40 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nitroused383
The book does outline a very effective tuning process, however, it's like anything in life, the book doesn't guarantee results that can only be as effective as the user's interpretation of the book or the vehicle's mechanical limitations. The purpose of the book is to teach you how to tune METHODICALLY, but remember that tuning a calibration cannot eliminate any mechanical shortcomings of your setup such as intake reversion due to cam timing. Tuning is all about methodically optimizing the performance of the engine setup, but you can't change the function of the mechanical parts in the engine.
Old 01-12-2010, 12:37 PM
On The Tree

Does the new book obsolete the old one (which I have)??
Old 01-12-2010, 01:42 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by chevynation
Does the new book obsolete the old one (which I have)??
No, it's essentially the same book but with strictly GM coverage. No info on Ford. That will be included in an upcoming book that covers Ford tuning in detail.
Old 01-12-2010, 07:14 PM
TECH Regular

Just ordered mine! Always wanted to start tuning!
Old 01-12-2010, 09:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Is it in color...?
Old 01-13-2010, 10:43 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by joecar
Is it in color...?
No, but if you smoke or drink the right stuff it'll appear to be...if that helps.
Old 01-13-2010, 11:32 PM
Teching In

Talking One More Question

Ok, I'm in the midst of an STS turbo/intercooler install (60mm) on my 2002 Camaro SS (6-speed), and have already upgraded to 42lb injectors and a Racetronix fuel pump in the tank. Other than that, the engine is more or less a bone stock LS-1. I have pretty much decided to go with HP Tuners Pro, even though I'll be a total newbie on tuning. So this book sounds like it will be right up my alley! Are there real world examples in there that fit my car with the intercooler and turbo system? Further, when do you think the new books will be ready to ship?

Thanks!
Old 01-14-2010, 09:47 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by Azgeodude
Ok, I'm in the midst of an STS turbo/intercooler install (60mm) on my 2002 Camaro SS (6-speed), and have already upgraded to 42lb injectors and a Racetronix fuel pump in the tank. Other than that, the engine is more or less a bone stock LS-1. I have pretty much decided to go with HP Tuners Pro, even though I'll be a total newbie on tuning. So this book sounds like it will be right up my alley! Are there real world examples in there that fit my car with the intercooler and turbo system? Further, when do you think the new books will be ready to ship?

Thanks!
Yes. Case Study #3 in the book covers the tuning of an '02 turbo Camaro using a 2-bar SD tune. Don't just jump ahead, though. Each case study will show you something different, all of which will help you become an efficient and effective tuner.
As for shipping, the books have been in stock and shipping out before Christmas rolled around. They've been moving out the door like hot-cakes, so my thanks to everyone who has purchased a copy!
To get your copy, click on the link below...
http://www.masportspeedshop.com/serv...-tuning/Detail
Cheers!!
Old 01-24-2010, 09:36 AM
Launching!

Got it, read it , liked it. Very happy with it. Has a lot of basic information to get everybody up to speed. Then a methodical way to get sraight to a great tune. I haven't tuned a car just goofed a round on the HP scanner and editor. The different timing and fuel pages were very overwhelming not knowing where to start, after reading I feel I could do in a couple days what would have taken me months of trial and error.
Old 01-26-2010, 09:59 PM
11 Second Club

Received 288 Likes on 190 Posts

Just ordered one. Looking forward to doing some reading.
Old 01-27-2010, 01:01 AM
10 Second Club

This book is great. I feel like I learned a great deal and am much more confident in using the software. It gives some great insight on how to use HPTuners, as well as using a methodical approach to tuning your own setup. The case studies really are some great reading!

I also really liked how easy the book was to understand. Being a graduate student I have had to read and study some really confusing textbooks at times. Often books on software and things of this nature get really technical and really boring quick. This book doesn't; Dan did a great job on conveying the material in manner that really kept my attention, while also making it easy to understand.
Old 01-27-2010, 04:47 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by dan@masportspeedshop
No, it's essentially the same book but with strictly GM coverage. No info on Ford. That will be included in an upcoming book that covers Ford tuning in detail.
I also bought the original book, and liked it. its sounds like this one is the same book minus the ford sections so probably no need to update to it just yet. are there any new case studies in it or did the website ever materialize?
Old 01-27-2010, 10:25 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by 69_YENKO
I also bought the original book, and liked it. its sounds like this one is the same book minus the ford sections so probably no need to update to it just yet. are there any new case studies in it or did the website ever materialize?
There are no new case studies in this book, but yes, the website is up, although not complete. Check the website out... www.masterenginetuner.com
Plenty to see, although more website progress coming soon.
NEWS!!: We will be providing case study updates via webinars beginning in February! This interactive approach will allow you to get more out of the information we provide. We'll be offering many different webinars that will be offered throughout the week during different hours to accomodate many different schedules. These webinars will be approximately 1 hour long with a Q&A session at the end. I'll keep you all posted with details in the coming weeks!
Old 01-27-2010, 10:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What's the latest on the EFILive version?
Old 01-27-2010, 09:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dan@masportspeedshop
There are no new case studies in this book, but yes, the website is up, although not complete. Check the website out... www.masterenginetuner.com
Plenty to see, although more website progress coming soon.
NEWS!!: We will be providing case study updates via webinars beginning in February! This interactive approach will allow you to get more out of the information we provide. We'll be offering many different webinars that will be offered throughout the week during different hours to accomodate many different schedules. These webinars will be approximately 1 hour long with a Q&A session at the end. I'll keep you all posted with details in the coming weeks!
Sounds awesome Dan. Keep us posted.
Old 01-28-2010, 06:23 PM
12 Second Club

I need to get this damn book...can we pick it up locally?

Chad
Old 01-29-2010, 10:00 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by Nimitz87
I need to get this damn book...can we pick it up locally?

Chad
Absolutely!!! Don't be shy...I won't bite.
Old 01-29-2010, 10:55 AM
Launching!

Book is a great read!!!!

Cant wait to see an efilive version!

Quick Reply: Master efi tuner - gm efi...pre-order now