Sponsored by:

Master efi tuner - gm efi...pre-order now

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 11:07 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dan@masportspeedshop
THE EFI LIVE BOOK UPDATE:
The EFI Live version should be ready for shipment within three weeks. We're just polishing up the last few pages and finalizing the cover. The final version will be ready for printing by Tuesday of next week (before the holiday) and we will be taking pre-orders when we get word from the printer that the books have shipped out to us. So, again, we're looking at about 3 weeks in total before we begin shipping the books to customers. The new case studies in this one are pretty cool as you'll see how far off a stock tune can be (take that, EPA! (with fist shaking in the air)) and how to tune a turbo LS7 engine by using the custom virtual VE that EFI Live offers along with changing the MAP sensor scalars. I think this book will have been worth your wait!

ALSO: Now that the EFI Live version is done (and Ford to come by September!), we will begin offering our new online webinars that feature case studies and show additional EFI and tuning information. More on the online webinars and seminars soon. You'll definitely want to keep your eyes open for these webinars when we begin bringing them to you starting the second week of July!
any info on price? i and ready to be in on the preorder
Old 06-25-2010, 03:42 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Dan, thanks for the update...
Old 06-25-2010, 06:32 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by zmonsterjb
thanks awesome response!
Another question can hp tuner user benefit from the other suite users like sct and efi live and vice versa?
If I understand your question correctly, you want to know if users of other tuning packages would benifit from Dan's book. That answer is yes, but if you're using HP Tuners, there is already a version of the book covering that. Dan went in to great detail explaining how the computer controls the engine, so you have a better understanding of what you're doing, these pricipals are the same no mater what you're using to tune the vehicle with.
Old 06-25-2010, 08:38 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with poconojoe. When we teach people how to diagnose drivability problems and tune for performance, the most important thing we can stress to people learning is the importance of PROCESS. My very first tuning book showed how to tune using different tuning software packages and the current GM EFI book shows how to tune GM engines using HP Tuners, but yes, absolutely, if you learn how to tune, you are learning the process of tuning and can then repeat that process and apply it to virtually any internal combustion engine. The differences from manufacturer to manufacturer are in control strategy (GM uses MAF and MAP, Ford uses MAF only and Chrysler uses MAP only) and in nomenclature. Some minor fact finding is required to determine how the strategies differ from one make to another (and they don't differ much, but we have more books and webinars coming soon), so the tuning process is easily employed no matter what you're tuning and no matter what tuning software package you use. Here in our shop we have the following tuning software: HP Tuners, EFI Live, TwEECer, DiabloSport, AEM, FAST, Accel, Holley, Motec, Edelbrock, Power Commander (for bikes) MEFI IV and MSD Graph for older distributor vehicles with MSD ignition amps. Sounds like a lot? Well, it's really not. If you can master just one of the above, like HP Tuners or EFI Live or Tweecer, or Diablo, SCT, whatever, you've already learned 85% of what you need to know to learn any other tuning software you may wish to use. Names may change, strategy may differ slightly and their may be a few tricks or tips required to get the most from a particular EFI system, but overall the PROCESS IS THE SAME! It's not unlike driving; If you learn how to drive, you can drive different vehicles, but you drive them in a similar manner (***** TO THE WALL!!)
Cheers, PEEPS!!

Last edited by dan@masportspeedshop; 06-25-2010 at 08:39 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-29-2010, 10:59 PM
Launching!

Thank you for the update Dan...
Will definately be on pre-order list...
Old 08-01-2010, 01:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 412 Likes on 293 Posts

Originally Posted by dan@masportspeedshop
THE EFI LIVE BOOK UPDATE:
The EFI Live version should be ready for shipment within three weeks. We're just polishing up the last few pages and finalizing the cover. The final version will be ready for printing by Tuesday of next week (before the holiday) and we will be taking pre-orders when we get word from the printer that the books have shipped out to us. So, again, we're looking at about 3 weeks in total before we begin shipping the books to customers. The new case studies in this one are pretty cool as you'll see how far off a stock tune can be (take that, EPA! (with fist shaking in the air)) and how to tune a turbo LS7 engine by using the custom virtual VE that EFI Live offers along with changing the MAP sensor scalars. I think this book will have been worth your wait!

ALSO: Now that the EFI Live version is done (and Ford to come by September!), we will begin offering our new online webinars that feature case studies and show additional EFI and tuning information. More on the online webinars and seminars soon. You'll definitely want to keep your eyes open for these webinars when we begin bringing them to you starting the second week of July!
Any Updates on this???
Old 08-04-2010, 09:07 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by 1FastBrick
Any Updates on this???
We are working through our list of Registered members in order. All of the registered members will have received an email within the next week or so. I will soon be offering the webinars for sale to the general public as well. I'll put up a post here regarding the introduction of the publically-available webinars as well as posting a new thread on this and other forums regarding their availability and pricing.
Cheers!
Old 08-04-2010, 09:38 AM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

you have to be a registered member to order the book?
Old 08-04-2010, 03:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

As far as I see yes, you have to register to order the book. Best 40.00 I've ever spent. Just got mine last week.
Old 08-04-2010, 03:21 PM
11 Second Club

still says coming soon on efi live version, this going to be available soon? your update post said it was finished
Old 08-04-2010, 03:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by thunderstruck507
you have to be a registered member to order the book?
It appears not. I just ordered mine, and just clicked on the PayPal logo to skip registration, and complete the checkout process
Old 08-04-2010, 09:32 PM
LS1 Tech Veteran

Subscribing to track availability of EFILive Edition.
Old 08-20-2010, 03:35 AM
TECH Senior Member

+1 checking availability of EFILive edition.
Old 08-21-2010, 10:10 AM
TECH Addict

I bought the book and enjoyed reading it. I wish I had known an EFIlive specific edition was coming before I ordered.
Old 08-21-2010, 09:18 PM
Launching!

Checking in for EFI Live version...
Old 08-23-2010, 01:44 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Well, gents, it's finally coming together. The last of the changes to the "final" version of the book have been made. Our test group had some issues they wanted addressed, mostly simple stuff such as where certain maps/tables were found (I included screen shots and directions to address this) as well as clarification on some steps of the tuning process, mostly regarding VE tuning. So it seems we've ironed these out to the satisfaction of the test group. As with anything in life, you can only simplify so much, but I think the package we have now is about as good as anyone can ask from 200+ pages and $40. It's as thorough and simple as I could make it without physically standing over your shoulder watching you tune. The printer will receive this final corrected copy on Thursday after we're finished fully proofing the latest version and we should have the printed books back within 20 days. I'll post up the progress from the printer soon.
Thanks again for your patience!
Cheers!
p.s. Now that the book changes have been addressed, webinars for the Beta testers will begin again in September after I've returned from a short vacation. My mind is about to blow and unless I get some sleep and drink in me soon, well, I can't be held responsible for the resulting carnage.
Old 08-23-2010, 07:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Dan, thanks for the update.
Old 08-24-2010, 09:10 AM
11 Second Club

yes thanks for the update!
Old 08-27-2010, 01:30 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just register , Waiting on the EFI Live version. Im ready to order.
Old 08-31-2010, 02:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

which book would would be recommended to total efi tuning novice.
novice as in pre-k/0 LVL/ bottom of the ladder, etc.
i want to learn GM LS EFI based knowledge. not interested in ford or any other versions at the moment. so that should narrow it down the applications.

Quick Reply: Master efi tuner - gm efi...pre-order now