Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For you wiring gurus...

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 09:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default For you wiring gurus...

I just wired up a boost gauge/controller in my 02 TA. The gauge is powered with the pink wire that goes to the TCS switch by the cig lighter since I don't have TCS. Everything's grounded to the body. The gauge works great but theres another single wire that plugs into the gauge that runs to the boost solenoid. The wiring diagram says connect this wire to one lead, and connected the other wire coming from the solenoid to a +12v switched. So, I spliced into a pink wire that seemed to be a 12v switched in a harness on the pass. fender. Below is a pic of the wire I spliced into. Now, my problem is...when the car's running everything is fine. When I turn the car off, the SES light stays on for anywhere from 5 to 30 seconds with the key OFF. After a little bit of testing, I found that even after the key is off, this switched 12v wire I tapped into is STILL getting +12v! The second I unplug the harness from the solenoid, you can hear the noise the ABS module (I think) makes right after you turn the key off normally. When I plug this harness back in to the solenoid, it doesn't read +12v any more. It's just after key off until I unplug that harness. Anyone have a clue why this wire's still getting +12v after the key's off and why the SES light stays on? It drained my battery last night. Any insight is greatly appreciated!
Attached Thumbnails For you wiring gurus...-car-001.jpg  
Old 01-28-2010, 10:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can get 12v switched from the fuse box (IGN) and
not worry about splicing into a circuit being used by a module or a sensor.
Attached Thumbnails For you wiring gurus...-fuse-blocks.gif  
Old 01-29-2010, 01:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I may end up having to do that with this wire. Still wondering why the situation occurs. I've tried searching for wiring diagrams for the 3 harnesses on the pass. fender but had no luck.