PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

True Respect! Frost!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 10:30 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was initally impressed with Frost after my brother got one of his mail order tunes. But the more I get on HPTuners forums, the more I see how unselfish he is.

He gets paid to tune, but yet he helps people asking question for free. A lot of "Tuners" wont answer even if the answer is simple. THey think they have to be paid for their help no matter what. Steve doesnt seem to be that way at all!!!!
Old 03-14-2010, 11:21 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transamman98

Go with speed density! You are reading way to much into others on this Topic ! Give Steve a call! I think he will help you decide!
Old 03-14-2010, 11:47 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for all of the nice words guys. I am very happy to have been able to help.

Originally Posted by MUSTANGBRKR02
He will answer. Usually late at night 2-3 a.m. Steve has told me a few times that between pm's and emails they are usually around 100 or so a day. But he always answer's each one.
Hey Bill, it's not like that's my email time, I just don't usually get done with daily correspondence until very late. If I am awake, I'm basically working. I have been a day or so behind here and there with some emails for the last month really. I do try to get back to every message though.

Yes, my wife is pretty patient. Car calls after I'm in at night are a no-no in most cases, but email never stops.

Thanks again guys.
Old 03-24-2010, 04:35 PM
On The Tree

Just wanted to add another THANKS!!!!! to Frost! Got my tune back last week and I've been grinning since. He does an awesome job at an unbeatable price too! Keep up the amazing work man and maybe one day I'll be able to drop by you in VA for a dyno tune!
Old 03-27-2010, 09:25 AM
Teching In

My computer goes to Steve on Monday. Have to change TSP's mail order tune after going from a Yank PT 4000 to a SS4000, car won't shift right now. I have heard many good things about Steve's tunes. I live in Mt and mail order is my only option. Just haven't decided on SD or MAF, waiting on Steve to decide which would better. I rebuilt my first bb chevy 35 years ago, been in this hot rod stuff awhile, but this tuning is way beyond me. So I'm going to take it on faith that Steve will do whats right for me and my car, which I have no doubts whatsever.
Laydell
Old 03-27-2010, 11:53 AM
TECH Addict

i'm nothing but 100% satisfied with Steve's work and customer support as well. as soon as i get some miles on my new motor, it will most likely be trailered halfway across the country to Steve for dyno tuning

i noticed most of my emails were responded to around midnight as well
Old 03-29-2010, 12:46 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea frost is pretty much the ****.My car made 400rwhp and 383ft lbs with one of his mailorder tunes and stock pulley.AFR's stayed between 12.8-13.2 the whole run.I was impressed. It also made 355hp and 364ft lbs with just headers/ls6 intake. A local tuner pulled the tune to look at and said there was really nothing he could do to pick up any more power.He was even so impressed he saved the tune on his computer.
Old 03-29-2010, 07:10 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by blk99sleekbeak
.He was even so impressed he saved the tune on his computer.
Thats not cool at all.
Old 03-30-2010, 10:42 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SweetS10V8
Thats not cool at all.
HAHA! That made me laugh a bit. 4-5 years ago it would not have.

Every file I make for every car is unique, even for the bolt-ons cars. If it helps the guy out, then that's good.
Old 04-05-2010, 08:15 PM
11 Second Club

steve. mine and jesses are on the way, should see them tomorrow
Old 04-07-2010, 12:53 PM
Staging Lane

More Props to Steve. I drove 3.5 hrs just to get a mailorder tune without messing with the mail. It was funny to see him pick through all the things that were wrong with the mail order tune that was in the car from someone else. I thought the car ran good before, but now it pulls like crazy on the mid and top end. I can't wait to get my cam swap started so i can get a dyno tune. Steve really went above and beyond to help me out. I can't say enough good stuff.
Old 04-08-2010, 06:29 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Steve definitely knows his stuff! Glad to see him doing so well out on his own!! Props to you man!
Old 04-08-2010, 06:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SweetS10V8

He gets paid to tune, but yet he helps people asking question for free. A lot of "Tuners" wont answer even if the answer is simple. THey think they have to be paid for their help no matter what. Steve doesnt seem to be that way at all!!!!
Thing is there are also quite alot of tuners out there running shops punching out **** loads of cars that don't know as much as alot of their customers assume they do. Alot of them have been given or purchased pre made tunes and just perform basic tweaks to dial them into individual cars. Its those kinds of tuners that you never see offering advice on forums, as its not that they are holding info back, rather its that they don't actually know or aren't confident enough to answer in case they **** it up and look stupid.

Quick Reply: True Respect! Frost!!!!!!!!!!!!