Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HP Tuners Cylinder Balance Q

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 10:09 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default HP Tuners Cylinder Balance Q

Was wondering what this told you? Ive attached some pictures of my Tests, and its never the same when i run it. Just two pictures of the big differences ive seen. Could anyone explain this to me?
Attached Thumbnails HP Tuners Cylinder Balance Q-cylinder-test.gif   HP Tuners Cylinder Balance Q-cylinder-test-4.gif  
Old 03-30-2010, 11:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mr spree
Was wondering what this told you? Ive attached some pictures of my Tests, and its never the same when i run it. Just two pictures of the big differences ive seen. Could anyone explain this to me?
That shows the test hasn't been done correctly. I've never bothered to use it in HPT but in EFI LIVE it locks the IAC control so that it does not give false results. With IAC locked it is impossible for RPM to rise during a test like what you have pictured.

The way to interpret the results is the cylinder with the highest RPM is the weakest. ie turning it off has had the smallest effect on the idle speed. The tests can tell you which cylinders are low on compression, have a weaker injector, or even if a plug is breaking down.

Quick Reply: HP Tuners Cylinder Balance Q