PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help Converting EFI Live Tune to HP Tuners Format!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 05:17 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help Converting EFI Live Tune to HP Tuners Format!!

Help in converting EFI Live tune to HPTuners format

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok heres the deal, I have a 2006 M6 GTO with a Magnuson 112H installed by Lingenfelter. The car was tuned by LPE with Efi Live. I experienced a stock Cat failure and took my GTO into the stealership where they flashed my GTO. Now my LPE tune is gone, but Lingenfelter said they could send me the EFI Live Tune of my car. The only problem is I have HP tuners Pro. The car was NOT tuned with a custom Efi Live OS. The Stock OS is what LPE modified.

So im looking to find someone who could convert the file over to HPT format for me, or someone who owns both EFI Live and HPT as well as an 06 M6 GTO.

If i find someone who has both i could send them the EFI Live File. They could then upload that tune into their PCM. Pull the Tune out by Reading Entire with HP tuners and email me the tune back. Thus converting the file from EFI Live to HPT.

Anyone have any other suggestions for converting the tune???

Last edited by 06X6spdGTO; 04-12-2010 at 07:24 PM.
Old 06-08-2015, 08:22 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 06X6spdGTO
Help in converting EFI Live tune to HPTuners format

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok heres the deal, I have a 2006 M6 GTO with a Magnuson 112H installed by Lingenfelter. The car was tuned by LPE with Efi Live. I experienced a stock Cat failure and took my GTO into the stealership where they flashed my GTO. Now my LPE tune is gone, but Lingenfelter said they could send me the EFI Live Tune of my car. The only problem is I have HP tuners Pro. The car was NOT tuned with a custom Efi Live OS. The Stock OS is what LPE modified.

So im looking to find someone who could convert the file over to HPT format for me, or someone who owns both EFI Live and HPT as well as an 06 M6 GTO.

If i find someone who has both i could send them the EFI Live File. They could then upload that tune into their PCM. Pull the Tune out by Reading Entire with HP tuners and email me the tune back. Thus converting the file from EFI Live to HPT.

Anyone have any other suggestions for converting the tune???
Did you ever find someone?
Old 06-08-2015, 10:57 AM
On The Tree

Iam curios why you want to go from efi live to hptuners? I use both and efilive is much better than hp
Old 06-08-2015, 10:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

doesn't sound like he owns EFI live

Originally Posted by Jacktuner
Iam curios why you want to go from efi live to hptuners? I use both and efilive is much better than hp
I didn't think it was possible. I know when I tried reading an HPT tune with EFI live it wouldn't.
Old 06-08-2015, 10:28 PM
FormerVendor

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by edge04
doesn't sound like he owns EFI live

I didn't think it was possible. I know when I tried reading an HPT tune with EFI live it wouldn't.
You can read a efi tune with hpt and a hpt tune with efi as long as its not a custom OS. If its a custom OS it locks out the other software but not the pcm.
Old 06-08-2015, 10:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I do think I was working with a COS

So can someone email a tune and someone open it with the other software or does it have to be loaded in the PCM first?

Originally Posted by LSX Power Tuning
You can read a efi tune with hpt and a hpt tune with efi as long as its not a custom OS. If its a custom OS it locks out the other software but not the pcm.
Old 06-09-2015, 07:57 PM
TECH Addict

Received 197 Likes on 164 Posts

Can't you just open the tune, and then column by column, row by row, transfer it over to HPT? I am sure you would be happy to have it done by itself, but if they send you the file in EFI format, HPT won't be able to open it, so I think this is your ownly option, unless you find someone who can load it via EFI.
Old 06-10-2015, 06:23 AM
Staging Lane

I also have a efi live tune that I would like to be able to convert into hp tuners format. So I can re flash my truck with it. I have already unlocked my truck with hp tuners and don't know anyone that has efi live. You figure out any way to do this?
Old 06-10-2015, 08:15 AM
FormerVendor

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

You pretty much have to flash a pcm and then read it back out. That's the quickest and easiest way. Thats what I do if I have a bench harness and pcm for that vehicle, if not then you have to copy it by hand.
Old 06-10-2015, 12:57 PM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

What the OP wants to do will work but you don't need GTO or an M6. You just need someone with both softwares and an ECM that will take the tune file, ie any vehicle with the same physical computer as the 06' GTO in question. For instance, if I have someone email me a tune for my 2000 Z28 in EFI live I can write it to my 2002 Silverado. Then I can hook up my HP tuner to the 2002 Silverado read the file and walk over to my Z28 and write it to the Z28. Of course you will need licenses for each vehicle and OS and don't forget to put the original tune back in the Silverado or it won't run. LOL
Old 06-10-2015, 01:04 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Jacktuner
I prefer HP unless I want to change a VIN to not match the OS. The support list is also much larger with HP. Just my .02
Old 06-10-2015, 01:05 PM
TECH Resident

Oh snap. Just saw the 2010 post date. LOL

Quick Reply: Help Converting EFI Live Tune to HP Tuners Format!!