PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

is this at all posible???? skip shift came BACK!!!??

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 03:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default is this at all posible???? skip shift came BACK!!!??

so im driving around and my skip shift all of a sudden started engaging???? it was tuned out a long time ago... how is this happening?
Old 05-17-2010, 04:33 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a sct tune in my 01 ta and it detunes itself all the time. Im always retuning it. I am not happy at all with the tune either. Any sometimes when I start the car the tc will be off and the next time I start it it will be on and sometimes the skip shift is off and the next time it is on. And then it will all of a sudden it will hardly run and I retune it with the hand held and everything is fine for a while.
Old 05-17-2010, 08:48 PM
TECH Addict

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

Is your speedo broken? Some tuners disable by setting the MPH disable to something unobtainably low like 0 or 1 mph.
Old 05-18-2010, 10:58 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by NoGo
Is your speedo broken? Some tuners disable by setting the MPH disable to something unobtainably low like 0 or 1 mph.
no everything else works great. Just the tune
Old 05-18-2010, 04:59 PM
9 Second Club

It doesn't work that way! It can't "detune" itself - once the PCM is flashed, the tune is in there... something else (i.e. a sensor) is causing the problems... And if it runs better after you flash it, it is because it clears the fuel trims... indicating you have exhaust leaks throwing the fueling off after the O2 feedback changes the fuel trims again.
Old 05-18-2010, 05:21 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by penningta
I have a sct tune in my 01 ta and it detunes itself all the time.
...not possible.
When you flash a PCM, it is erased first, so if it 'detuned itself', it would be blank and the car would not even start...it has to be flashed in order for changes to be made to the tune.

Originally Posted by BLK02WS6
It doesn't work that way! It can't "detune" itself - once the PCM is flashed, the tune is in there... something else (i.e. a sensor) is causing the problems... And if it runs better after you flash it, it is because it clears the fuel trims... indicating you have exhaust leaks throwing the fueling off after the O2 feedback changes the fuel trims again.
Agreed.
Old 05-18-2010, 06:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Do you have a preloaded SCT X3, or a custom tune?

If you are using the preloaded SCT tune, I am very curious to see why your skip shift comes back on.

The Traction control, it is not possible to disable the TCS on a 98-02 F-car with the tune, so that sounds like an issue with the ABS or Traction Control Modules.

Ryan
Old 05-18-2010, 10:37 PM
Teching In

is the skip shift light coming on? Maybe the solenoid is physically broken within the transmission and the plunger moves over to the "skip" position sometimes. Try unplugging the connector and see if if blocks you out (might get a MIL depending on how it is defeated).

I disabled mine by setting the min temp to 255, so if you have a failed high temperature sensor that could be doing it. I think the gauge would be pegged if that were the case however.