Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any Megasquirt 3 info out there?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 09:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jsmcortina
I've run my LM7 on MS3+MS3X with stock crank/cam sensors, stock coils and high-z injectors. Full sequential fuel and ignition.

For low-z injectors use a resistor pack or a driver box. (Same as some of the other aftermarket ECUs.)

I had hoped the full package would be fully to market by now... but testing takes time.

James
one can buy the msd 6010 harness from msd for $80 or so. it plugs right into the cam, crank sensor, and coils. how easy would it be to adapt this to work with the ms3x, as I would really like for megasquirt to control my spark as well. I think I'll have a lot more control IMO.

I cant wait.
Old 06-09-2010, 06:38 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've not used MSD's loom - I merged the remains of a stock loom with a pigtail connector. I guess if you got the MSD loom and cut the plug off you could merge that with the MS3X connections.

James
Old 06-09-2010, 11:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

I've not used MSD's loom - I merged the remains of a stock loom with a pigtail connector. I guess if you got the MSD loom and cut the plug off you could merge that with the MS3X connections.

James
that would be sweet. I envision a ready to use harness for lsx that one could buy for $74. how amazing a deal would ms3/x be then.
Old 06-11-2010, 01:43 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 71 chevy
one can buy the msd 6010 harness from msd for $80 or so. it plugs right into the cam, crank sensor, and coils. how easy would it be to adapt this to work with the ms3x, as I would really like for megasquirt to control my spark as well. I think I'll have a lot more control IMO.

I cant wait.
I think you are mistaken about the MSD harness, any links or part numbers???

If you have an MS3 you will know who Mr.Cortina is.
Old 06-16-2010, 03:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by atomic 6
I think you are mistaken about the MSD harness, any links or part numbers???

If you have an MS3 you will know who Mr.Cortina is.
I am not mistaken about the msd harness, sorry.

I have an idea who he is, but Im not for sure.
Old 06-17-2010, 05:08 AM
TECH Apprentice

No reason to be sorry, post up a link to where they can be bought, I looked all over, and I need a couple of them.
Old 06-18-2010, 05:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by atomic 6
No reason to be sorry, post up a link to where they can be bought, I looked all over, and I need a couple of them.
lol. I cant decide if you are a troll or legit. first you insinuate that I dont have an ms3, then you assert that a separate harness cannot be bought for the 6010(which would mean I am a liar) even though I bought one and am using it on my car.

but then you turn around and ask for my help locating the harness?

something does not add up.
Old 06-18-2010, 06:41 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 71 chevy
lol. I cant decide if you are a troll or legit.
John is for real. Easy to read the wrong thing (or write the wrong thing) on forums.

James
Old 06-19-2010, 12:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

John is for real. Easy to read the wrong thing (or write the wrong thing) on forums.

James
ok. I really was confused by his writing, but if you vouch for him then he is good by me.

John, I went back and looked at my buildsheet and unfortunately I did not record a part number for the harness. It is an internal part number and you have to call msd directly and buy it from them. I did keep the cost and it was $74 shipped to my door.

I think this would be a great way to adapt ms3+x to work with ls1 engines. I plan to order another one once I get my ms3x and adapt it to the megasquirt. I looked at it briefly and it looks pretty simple.
Old 06-19-2010, 04:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

you think I'm trolling, I posted useable information and tangible builds.
I joined back in 2006 when Jim told me about this site and we started talking about building the car for Pinks. I don't post much because we are always working on these builds. Plus why double what jim(parish) already posted for us.

I questioned you about the MS3 because you posted you have one you are installing on a ls1 type engine and I never seen you post on the MSextra site. I am guessing, after the YellowBullet drama, you have two screen names you go around by, and you joined MSextra as CyanJaguar in March of this year.

I'll buy three or four at that price, right now. It would save me from building them myself at a higher cost.I don't think they exist. the 60101 is more than twice that money plus shorter, and the 8889 harness is defenately not the right one. I've been down this road when I put together the 6010/MS1 combo for the 5.3TurboFairmont build. The internal part# ASY2xx13 and companion number they call "parts" did not work when I ordered it in 2008 when we were building the TurboWagon.

Sooooo, I don't think it exists. What is the part number you have??I'm not asking for help, prove me wrong with a valid part number. I hope you do. It will save me some time and money.

And I'll try to get back on topic, very sorry to ls1tech members.
Old 06-20-2010, 01:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

wow, some people you just shouldnt try to be nice to.

find the part number yourself.
Old 06-20-2010, 03:00 AM
TECH Apprentice

OK, no hard feelings, I won't press the point.

I will begin a new thread shortly on the MS3 install in the Wagon, plus the CAN bus interface of the MS3 to the Microsquirt 4L80e transmission controller,that James(jsmcortina) wrote the code for,and we have been testing out.
It works very well, and Jim(parish) has been asked about it here before, but we never got around to posting anything on what I did on the install of it.
Old 09-06-2011, 02:07 PM
On The Tree

Default updates or start up files.

I would like to bring this post back and ask if anyone has gotten an MSIII running with the expansion card and if so if they have any documentation or MSQ files they would like to share.
Old 09-10-2011, 12:51 PM
TECH Addict

I too am trying to find viable info about installing an ms3 extra on an ls1 based engine. Unfortunately megasquirt's support forum etc they throw all the info together and expect you to sift thru it. Instead of having a seperate section about popular installs. Probably why I sold my MS2.

But now a buddy of mine is needing help.

MS3 extra v3.57

Where did you run crank and cam signal?

Any other useful info would be appreciated.

Quick Reply: Any Megasquirt 3 info out there?