PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTF!!! lost .5 sec. off my ET after upgrades.

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2010, 08:33 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If it dead hooked and still lost from the 60', then you need to log it at the track and find out what's up... your losing a lot of power down low. Might be knocking... I've seen plenty of cars that didn't knock on the dyno cause they were strapped down - get to the track and launch it and exhaust rattles, etc can cause it to knock off the launch and it lays over... That cam should not lose power down low over the LS6, so something is up.[/QUOTE]

This is where I am at. I know that switching to the parts that I have listed above that my rpm range would move up a little. I did not get the car tuned on the dyno it is just a street tune. And before my mods (stock LS6) the car was running really good 12.45@111mph 1.94 60ft. With those numbers I know that the suspension was setup fairly well. I know that I did not pick up a ton of power with my upgrades so the suspension should still be really close. Gears would really help out alot though.

FROST!! I know I have read your name on here alot so that is kinda why I was glad you chimed in to see what you were thinking. I know that it is impossible to know what the tune is doing from just typing about it. But maybe if you have seen this before, who knows that is why I like this web site someone has been there done that now just going in the right direction for the fix.
Old 08-15-2010, 11:29 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I dunno, that 1.94 60' on the previous setup is pretty rough too. I can't do anything but speculate as far as tuning, but the car is never really gonna get going with 1.9x 60's unfortunately. How do you launch?
Old 08-15-2010, 02:40 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am loading up on the converter at about 2500 rpm. I am also running a 28 in tire with 3.42 gears. this is hurting I know, that is why I am looking at going to a 4.11 gear.