PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuners in Oklahoma or Dallas

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 09:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

There is XP Racing, 2XLS1, Abel Racing, Ed Wright, D&G and One Percent that I know of.
XP Racing - tuned my car a few years ago. Brett has always been stand up and good.

2XLS1 - did a few things for me on my car long long time ago. Glen is a cool cat.

Ed Wright - tuned mine long long long time ago. Didn't like his tune. Super awesome guy.

D&G - I have used Dewayne's dyno once. Thanks to Steve G (great guy). He wanted to hear what my car sounded like. We left a bunch of tire on the dyno that night. It was a blast.

Abel Racing and One Percent - Just know the name.
Old 02-10-2011, 03:05 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ed Wright

Is out of business and only tunes by email. Sold dyno and shut down his shop. He will charge you just as much as if you were in his shop for an actual dyno tune. Glen Lipinski is in OKC but he is an ******* so I would avoid him. If you want to know any specifics about his tuning approach he gets bowed up and arrogant.
Old 02-10-2011, 05:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

James, Relax. Running his name in the mud isn't going to help
Old 05-02-2011, 08:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 212 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by James Linder
Is out of business and only tunes by email. Sold dyno and shut down his shop. He will charge you just as much as if you were in his shop for an actual dyno tune. Glen Lipinski is in OKC but he is an ******* so I would avoid him. If you want to know any specifics about his tuning approach he gets bowed up and arrogant.
Thats funny, Glen took the time to meet me at 9:30pm on a weeknight because thats the only time I was available for him to load the tune on my car. He was a super nice guy and has been more than helpful answering my noobish dumbass questions.
Old 05-02-2011, 09:05 AM
9-Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by James Linder
You are mistaken. People often come to my home. No more dyno work, but still doing some tuning. I do not charge the same as dyno tuning. Not sure where you heard that one. Same price as a mail order tune.
Old 05-05-2011, 09:56 PM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is glen still tuning? Does anyone know how to get in contact with him ?
Old 05-05-2011, 10:21 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by RedFirehawk
Is glen still tuning? Does anyone know how to get in contact with him ?
Yep PM 2xls1 on here.
Old 05-06-2011, 05:51 PM
Staging Lane

Ok thanks, He did my 02 Firehawk now I have an 02 SS I want done.
Old 06-04-2011, 11:55 PM
Launching!

I know this thread is old but I haven't been on here in a while.

+1 for Glen
+1 for Abel Racing

No experience with onepercent but I've seen some of their work and it's good.
Old 06-05-2011, 12:46 AM
Teching In

Bo at aps in okc did a killer job on my 05 gto. Got some great numbers out of it. Hope this helps.
Old 06-14-2011, 08:23 PM
Teching In

Bo at aps did mine and did a hell of a job, i have told everyone i know to go to him, he does damn good work!
Old 06-24-2011, 08:06 PM
Staging Lane

Glen did my 02ss a few weeks ago. Runs great now! He knows how to liven an LS1 up.
Old 01-17-2012, 11:58 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i went to XP last week. met the Brett. he is an alright guy, kinda boyish shyness though! either that or he has no people skills. either way he tuned my car got her running right, dyno'd it. though i was not happy with the numbers the job was done just fine. i swapped out my auto for an m6. the first thing he did was place the manual transmission binary code into my computer. blah blah, after the tune i noticed the brake light and abs inop light were both on and stayed on. i asked him about it and he said it was like that when he started the job. NOPE! nobody knows my car better than me... anyway it turns out with the tranny swap, i also swapped speed sensors trying to get around the speedo problem that inevitably follows a swap. when the computer was reprogramed for a manual tranny, it picked up the sensor that is for an auto and threw the lights on the panel. my fault. not his. i recomend brett. oh and it was only 260 dollars that he charged me.
Old 01-17-2012, 05:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ed has done great work on a few of my friends cars and several cars from my brother. He worked on my car and did what he could, but we ran into mechanical/ignition issues (Not his fault)

I have since bought my own software and do my own tuning, coming along pretty nicely

Quick Reply: Tuners in Oklahoma or Dallas