Sponsored by:

AFR setup

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2010, 11:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default AFR setup

Million dollar question;
If I have a innovate LM-1, and use HP Tuners pro; why wouldn't my setup (offset) be exactly the same as everyone else's? What makes the different between setups?
I am having an AWFUL time setting up my wideband to read correctly in HPTuners, and just can't really get a clear answer as to how to do it (AND VERIFY). It just seems that if say; 5 volts and +9.6 works in one Innovate/Hp setup, it would work the same in all of them.
Old 09-10-2010, 03:58 PM
Teching In

I just did my lc-1 into non pro version using a writeup I found on here. worked great and was easy logged it through fuel tank pressure sensor input as I don't use tank press in my swap
Old 09-10-2010, 04:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you have the pro version why dont you run a wire into pin 1 of EIO connector on the side of your interface from your LM-1? It should be the analog output wire from your WB. I have an LC-1 & thats what I did.
Old 09-10-2010, 04:57 PM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Voltage issues and poor grounds are the differences.
Old 09-10-2010, 06:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by flintwrench69
If you have the pro version why dont you run a wire into pin 1 of EIO connector on the side of your interface from your LM-1? It should be the analog output wire from your WB. I have an LC-1 & thats what I did.
It's not a problem hooking it up and getting it to read, I just can't get it to read accurate in HPTuners. I watched the videos and have set (and adjusted and adjusted) my offset and can't get it my innovate readout the same as my HPTuners screen. If it agrees at stoich, it's off up high.
How the heck can you verify this thing???
Old 09-11-2010, 08:52 AM
Teching In

Ground your innovate to a point in the block where there is a PCM ground like the behind the intake manifold. I never had much luck with adjusting offsets and making it work properly. I fought this on my Porsche until I grounded the innovate and my smt6 together.
Old 09-11-2010, 09:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by badcoup
Ground your innovate to a point in the block where there is a PCM ground like the behind the intake manifold. I never had much luck with adjusting offsets and making it work properly. I fought this on my Porsche until I grounded the innovate and my smt6 together.
Are you referring to the small un-shielded wire that goes into the #5 slot on the HPTuners?
I've been reading post forever on the HPTuners site, and obviously this is a issue that VERY few people have ever solved. I wonder why HPTuners creators can't set in and come up with something simple.