PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCM/VCM Tuning VS a Bully Dog Gt Tuner for Gas Chevy Engine 6.0

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2010, 01:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PCM/VCM Tuning VS a Bully Dog Gt Tuner for Gas Chevy Engine 6.0

Hi.. please be easy on me. Im a noob and know very little about engines. Thus the reason Im here. I tried a search and couldn't get certain words to come up.. plus im not racing. This is a work truck for my business.

I have a 2008 Chevrolet 2500HD WT gas pickup with a 6.0 Vortec engine.

Simply:

1 Im interested in a smoother ride and better gas mileage MOST important.

2 I already have a Jet body spacer, Jet air flow senser, Airaid cold air intake, and a Magnaflow 3.5 muffler.

3 Im interested in either a wide band tuning from a PCM/VCM programming tech here locally... or a Bully Dog GT Gas Performance Gauge Tuner.

Whats the most accurate and overall most approved method.. with better gas mileage being the most important objective.

Thanks in advance for any friendly advice!!!!!
Old 09-25-2010, 04:24 PM
9 Second Club

Received 238 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluesharp
Hi.. please be easy on me. Im a noob and know very little about engines. Thus the reason Im here. I tried a search and couldn't get certain words to come up.. plus im not racing. This is a work truck for my business.

I have a 2008 Chevrolet 2500HD WT gas pickup with a 6.0 Vortec engine.

Simply:

1 Im interested in a smoother ride and better gas mileage MOST important.

2 I already have a Jet body spacer, Jet air flow senser, Airaid cold air intake, and a Magnaflow 3.5 muffler.

3 Im interested in either a wide band tuning from a PCM/VCM programming tech here locally... or a Bully Dog GT Gas Performance Gauge Tuner.

Whats the most accurate and overall most approved method.. with better gas mileage being the most important objective.

Thanks in advance for any friendly advice!!!!!

None of that is helping for the most the most part. Get a tune from a good tuner and you will get the most gains.
Old 09-25-2010, 08:42 PM

Question

Thanks. Are you saying the tuner I mentioned will give overall better results than being tuned once by a pro performance tech?

The thing is I have already bought the tuner ( $369 plus tax ) but have not installed it. The cost of the tuner is the same cost as the service of tuning the trucks computer at a local shop.

If there are good reasons to return the item and have it done once then I will consider it. The guy ( of course ) said it would be better and tailored much tighter than a off the shelf tuner/chip could provide.

Is this just a guy trying to make some dough or is it true?
Old 09-26-2010, 10:21 AM

Anybody else?
Old 09-26-2010, 04:19 PM
9 Second Club

Received 238 Likes on 177 Posts

A good tuner will out tune any hand help or cookie cutter tuner program out there. The problem is finding a good tuner since there are some many bad tuners out there.
Old 09-26-2010, 07:34 PM

Many thanks to all the many many replies from guys here who helped me out on this. Especially minytrker..

Quick Reply: PCM/VCM Tuning VS a Bully Dog Gt Tuner for Gas Chevy Engine 6.0