Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Improving stock tune?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2010, 07:22 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Improving stock tune?

Hi everybody, my last ride was a Supercharged S-truck that needed much tuning to get right, I now have the 2002 T/A M6. I will be getting a re flash for the new 3:90 gear and removal of the "skip a shift", I am really digging this car! Are there any flat spots or improvements that can be made to the tune at this time? I will be staying with 92 octane to keep it simple. BTW, the air box was replaced with a K & N and Magnaflow exhaust. Thanks, Les>>>
Old 11-23-2010, 07:51 AM
12 Second Club

There is alot of room for improvement on a stock tune as far as timing, wot fueling and throttle response
Old 11-23-2010, 08:49 AM
Staging Lane

I was wondering the same thing.

I wonder if there's a before/after dyno sheet of a tuned stock ls1
Old 11-23-2010, 05:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

YOur not gonna get gobs of power but you can get better throttle respone, a small amt of power, and possibly better mileage. You can fool around with timing, abuse management, ve tables to dial in your afr, etc.
Old 11-23-2010, 05:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

There is some room to gain, but because you have a manual, it isn't going to be much. IMO, reflash for your gear and skip-shift - but don't pay to put it on the dyno to tune just yet unless your wallet is overflowing.
Old 11-23-2010, 06:54 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 99TransAmLS16Spd
There is some room to gain, but because you have a manual, it isn't going to be much. IMO, reflash for your gear and skip-shift - but don't pay to put it on the dyno to tune just yet unless your wallet is overflowing.
^ this guy speaks the truth

Where are you located 2002T/A?
Old 11-23-2010, 08:00 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by RUTAN TA
^ this guy speaks the truth

Where are you located 2002T/A?
Wow, thanks guys, I just about gave up on this one! I am in Ottawa, ON, Canada. Just last night I tried my Jet DST and retrieved the stock tune, didn't realize it had the definitions for F-body. So I recalibrated for the new gear and disabled the C.A.R.S! My tail pipes are black and after having a quick look at the program I saw that it goes into PE early. I don't want to go down this road again with the T/A, its already way more fun than a 10psi 4.3 and a much nicer ride. I might talk to Ed Wright now that I have access to the program, he got the Jimmy dialed in " via e-mail". I am sure there are known tunes for LS1s and I also think it will be no more than timing/fuel housekeeping! Thanks for your replies, Les>>>