Old 12-07-2010, 01:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guess so, sorry.

Ryan
Old 12-07-2010, 02:05 PM
Banned

Jesse told me that once also. Then I asked and made sure. The Blower thing had me going also, but thats the way GM is.
Old 12-07-2010, 03:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

I heard it on there as well.

Ryan
Old 12-08-2010, 05:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In a basic form you don't need a custom OS to go SD. The only thing you loose is the high octane spark table which is exactly as they came from HSV in the factory 400HP LS1 engines. Knock detection still works fine without both tables. Its just you loose the learning component. You can get a COS from EFI LIVE that simple re-enables the high octane table and thats it. Makes switching over to a custom OS very simple but I admit I've never used it as I always use OS5 which has every feature from N20, Valet Mode, Semi OL, 3 bar (which doesn't hack the SAE MAP pid like HPT does rendering scan gauges useless for reading MAP) etc. Plus they are free so I'd be mad not to use the highest feature OS all the time.
Old 12-11-2010, 11:39 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CalEditor
So instead of extending the MAF HPT did the VE tables? Hmm
and
Thanks for the 2 bar info. From your post I gather HPT has the copywrights to the 2.0, 2.5, and the 3.0 bar SD Cals?
That means you can not post a 2.0, 2.5, and the 3.0 bar SD Cal as a bin?
The HPT COS's change the seed/key so that they are locked to other editors (but anyone with HPT can open/edit them without needing any knowledge of any of this). For the majority of genIII stuff, they add real time tuning to the PCM too, not just the extended VE's and regaining hi/lo octane functionality. You also have the option to retain the MAF in these OS's even though their intent was SD. I use the 1bar or the 'MAF Enhanced' (pretty close to the same thing from what I've seen except it doesn't do away with the secondary VE in 99-00 cars like the 1barSD) to get the RTT for many cars. When I get done, I move the 'meat and potatoes' back into their stock file and reflash. I get the RTT portion and at the end, they get their original OS back and the PCM is not locked to the non-HPTuner's world. For tuner's, these OS's are part of the GenIII group. For the customer that is buying via credits, he only has to ever license (spend credit) on a COS once, and HPTuner's gives them free use of all of the OS's for their vehicle. For GenIII that is usually 1barSD, 2barSD, 3barSD, and 'MAF Enhanced', and for most of the (again genIII) OS's, you also get RTT.
Old 12-13-2010, 06:33 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Frost
The HPT COS's change the seed/key so that they are locked to other editors (but anyone with HPT can open/edit them without needing any knowledge of any of this).
When you put it on a Dual-Flash board the chip comes off very nice.
Old 12-13-2010, 11:10 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, as with anything, there are ways of getting what you are after. After you do a few, in 15 minutes you can have a flash chip off, imaged on the bench, and back on.

Quick Reply: Whats the purpose of deleting the MAF