PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

98 to 99+ PCM Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2010, 09:06 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i was told by the guy i got it from it came out of a express van tho... that's why i was trying to match up the hdw no.
Old 12-29-2010, 09:52 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Since you have the (0411) pcm you can re wite to a 02 fbody file and be good to go.
since you are putting this into a 98 you will need to have the fuel segment swapped in to the pcm anyway.
If you have a guy with EFI live I can send you the file you will need to write into the pcm and be good to go.
If not I have a guy that does it for very resonable price.
Old 12-29-2010, 09:57 AM
Launching!

will it work with hp tuners?
Old 12-29-2010, 10:07 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I do have a HP tuners file i can send you but it will chew up 4 credits (200.00)
You have to first license the van config (2 credits) then write the fixed Fbody file (2 credits)
What licenses do you have available with hp tuners?
Or you can send you pcm to my guy and he can flash it for you and then you use (2 HP tuners) credits us put in your config.
Old 12-29-2010, 07:58 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy BigBoyKilroy

I sent the seller a p.m. earlier today. Have not gotten a response yet. It was advertised as a pcm out of his 99 SS. Yes, I got it off here. The seller had all positive ratings so hopefully we can get this worked out. If not, I may be contacting you to get a 02 with the fuel segment loaded. Is the only difference between the one I have and the 02 F-Body one the OS installed? If this is the case, than can I just get the right OS installed and move on with the swap? The connectors say Blue and green.

John

Last edited by jhmws6; 12-29-2010 at 08:03 PM. Reason: add info
Old 12-29-2010, 08:19 PM
Staging Lane

Default Response

Just rec'd a response from the seller:

"no, i bought this off here to put in my car, was changing to a auto. decided not to, sold the computer. what i bought was a 99 ls1, auto camaro computer. never used it, hell never took out of the box before i sent it to you. i don't know what to say or do. can't you just reflash the pcm? i don't know. i will see if i can find the guy i got it from"

I wish I had know this before I bought it, oh well, now what to do.
Old 12-29-2010, 10:00 PM
coD
FormerVendor

Blue and Green = FAIL for a cable driven vehicle. There are no IAC drivers on that mainboard.
Old 12-30-2010, 06:53 AM
Staging Lane

Angry DBW, sh***t

Now, this is really starting to suck. Alright, I'll get back with the member I bought it from and see if we can get this worked out. As stated in a previous post I think he bought it from another member as a 99 LSI PCM for his F-body.
Bigboykilroy: It looks like I will need that 02 pcm if you can still hook me up.
p.m. me the details if you can. Why can't things go as planned?

John
Old 12-30-2010, 06:52 PM
Staging Lane

Default Sent p.m. to seller

Well, I just sent another p.m. to the seller requesting my money back and sending him back the pcm. Hopefully he can get it straightened out with the person he bought it from. Just waiting on a response now. Once I get this worked out I'll get up with Bigboykilroy and get the correct 02 pcm with the fuel segment already loaded.
Old 12-30-2010, 07:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by bigboykilroy
I do have a HP tuners file i can send you but it will chew up 4 credits (200.00)
You have to first license the van config (2 credits) then write the fixed Fbody file (2 credits)
What licenses do you have available with hp tuners?
Or you can send you pcm to my guy and he can flash it for you and then you use (2 HP tuners) credits us put in your config.
I'm not so sure that this will work. I know it did NOT in my swap. The van segment did not work for me (02 fbody pcm/98 cluster). I had to have someone put together a segment "from scratch" for my car....and due to BIG problems with my dual-flash pcm, I'm STILL not sure that it's complete. I'll find out in about a week. LOL
Old 12-31-2010, 01:15 PM
Staging Lane

Angry Apparently I've been screwed

This is the latest p.m. I rec'd from the seller (mrburnout81):
"i am sorry about this situation. I can't get your money back to you, it has already been spent. I am not here to screw people over. This is a **** situation. for all i know, you could of bought a computer and got screwed on the deal and got a 03, then i could of sent you the 99, and your trying to pass the 03 off on me. I am not saying thats what your trying to do, but i am real leary now. sorry. all i can tell you to do, is sell it and buy another. i know your going to leave me shitty feedback, so there is nothing i can do about it. i apoligize for this"

Well so much for trusting someone to do the right thing. It's only a $135 bucks and apparently he needed it more than me. If I had not been specific when I contacted him about the pcm it would be easier to deal with. You would think that when someone advertised it as a 99 SS LS1 A4 pcm and when p.m.ed about it again stated it was a 99 Camaro LS1 A4 pcm that he would have sent the right thing. I have had done a lot of deals on here and this is the 1st time I have been burnt. And he is right I will be changing the feedback. Anyone need a 03 DBW pcm cheap?
Old 12-31-2010, 02:20 PM
On The Tree

what do you want me to do? give you money that i don't have. i must have got screwed when i bought it. i'm not trying to dick you around here, i bought a 99 ls1 a4 computer from a member here on this site, I can't find his screen name but I have his name and address, if you want his info i can pm it to you. i bought it to put in my car as i was swapping to a automatic, but decided not to. then sold you the computer, I had never taken it out of his box, till i sold it to you. So as of the time i sent you the computer, it was supposedly a 99 ls1 a4 computer, i had no way of telling the difference, i then sold it to you as a ls1 a4 computer. I am sorry about this situation, as i have said since you brought this to my attention, I told you it was a shitty situation for the beginning. If i still had the money, i would return it, but it has done been spent on christmas presents. I don't have extra money, i'm not rich, i'm sorry. so the best i can do for you, is give you the original sellers info and you can take it up with him, since he is the root of the problem.
thanks for all the negative feedback, i didn't have any negative, cause i don't dick people around, i am upfront, i sell things to the best of my knowledge.

and even if i had sent you pictures would you have known it was the wrong one?
Old 12-31-2010, 02:39 PM
Staging Lane

Angry mrburnout81

If it is as you are saying and you got taken when you bought it do you really think it's right to screw me over? The things that really bother me about this is that you removed all reference to the 99 SS A4 pcm from your post and you were also selling 03 LQ4 parts from a 2500HD. This leads me to believe that the pcm you sent me is from that vehicle. I was very specific when I questioned you about the pcm and you stated it was a 99 Camaro A4 pcm.
And as far as the negative feedback, what, you expect me to be ok with this?
When this first came up on my post I never posted who I bought it from and would not have if it had been worked out. I understands mistakes happen, believe me I've made my share but it is just wrong not owning up to it and doing what needs to be done to make it right. As far as the money goes, I have other recourses to get it back. Happy new year

Last edited by jhmws6; 12-31-2010 at 02:40 PM. Reason: gramma
Old 12-31-2010, 03:08 PM
On The Tree

i bought a lq4 motor with a harness, but no computer. i have the sale thread if you want to see that.

You make me out to be a douche that lives to **** people over. got me completely wrong.

i will just go on with my life
Old 12-31-2010, 03:20 PM
Staging Lane

Default Douche?

Matt,

No, I never said that or intend to infer that. It just struck me as odd that you removed the reference to the PCM from your post, why? I do not wish to get into a pissing contest with you. I will file the dispute with paypal and contact my card carrier. No big deal.

John
Old 12-31-2010, 05:22 PM
9 Second Club

Received 231 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by mrburnout81
what do you want me to do? give you money that i don't have. i must have got screwed when i bought it. i'm not trying to dick you around here, i bought a 99 ls1 a4 computer from a member here on this site, I can't find his screen name but I have his name and address, if you want his info i can pm it to you. i bought it to put in my car as i was swapping to a automatic, but decided not to. then sold you the computer, I had never taken it out of his box, till i sold it to you. So as of the time i sent you the computer, it was supposedly a 99 ls1 a4 computer, i had no way of telling the difference, i then sold it to you as a ls1 a4 computer. I am sorry about this situation, as i have said since you brought this to my attention, I told you it was a shitty situation for the beginning. If i still had the money, i would return it, but it has done been spent on christmas presents. I don't have extra money, i'm not rich, i'm sorry. so the best i can do for you, is give you the original sellers info and you can take it up with him, since he is the root of the problem.
thanks for all the negative feedback, i didn't have any negative, cause i don't dick people around, i am upfront, i sell things to the best of my knowledge.

and even if i had sent you pictures would you have known it was the wrong one?
Yes, a picture would have, blue & red on the pcm (99-02) would have been good to go, vs blue & green indicating 03+ PCM. You have a fucked up way of thinking, just because you got screw you think its fair to screw the next guy. Its not his fault, man up and give him his money back and YOU deal with the guy you got the PCM from. He didnt buy the pcm from the other guy you did.
Old 12-31-2010, 07:53 PM
Staging Lane

Default minytrker

Thanks for the support.
Old 12-31-2010, 08:32 PM
Staging Lane

Default Dispute initiated

Well, I just finished initiating a dispute with paypal, and will contact my card company 1st thing monday. It's really sad when people cannot resolve their issues without having to resort tom this. I have no doubt I will get my money back but it leaves a sour taste in my mouth the way it had to be done. But on a Positive note I have made arrangements to get the right PCM from another member, thanks Bigboykilroy.

John
Old 01-01-2011, 08:28 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by minytrker
Yes, a picture would have, blue & red on the pcm (99-02) would have been good to go, vs blue & green indicating 03+ PCM. You have a fucked up way of thinking, just because you got screw you think its fair to screw the next guy. Its not his fault, man up and give him his money back and YOU deal with the guy you got the PCM from. He didnt buy the pcm from the other guy you did.

i was looking on my pcm and dont see anything about a red and blue..... On the side that delphi is stamped, near the conectors it has J1 BLUE stamped? But thats it
Old 01-01-2011, 12:02 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by minytrker

no, i did not know i got screwed till i sold him the computer. i wouldn't have sold him the computer if i knew it wasn't the right one. I have said i would give him his money back, if i had the money to give back. but i don't have the money. i have asked what can i do, have i not? I am trying to work with the guy. what else am i ****** supposed to do? get off my case, i am not here to **** people over, i am not a *******.

Quick Reply: 98 to 99+ PCM Question