Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

98 to 99+ PCM Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2011, 04:51 PM
9 Second Club

Received 238 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by Punisher_ws7
i was looking on my pcm and dont see anything about a red and blue..... On the side that delphi is stamped, near the conectors it has J1 BLUE stamped? But thats it

On a 99-02 PCM look on the part where you plug in the connectors from the car. Look on the opposite side from where J1 is stamped.

Where this one says green yours should say red.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...w=1008&bih=571
Old 01-01-2011, 05:17 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not saying you are an A-hole, but it is your responsibility to verify that what you are selling is what you say it is. Just because you didn't open the box doesn't mean you are off the hook for miss-representing the product. You'll have to pay back the money and go after the guy who sold it to you.
Old 01-01-2011, 08:59 PM
9 Second Club

Received 238 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by mrburnout81
no, i did not know i got screwed till i sold him the computer. i wouldn't have sold him the computer if i knew it wasn't the right one. I have said i would give him his money back, if i had the money to give back. but i don't have the money. i have asked what can i do, have i not? I am trying to work with the guy. what else am i ****** supposed to do? get off my case, i am not here to **** people over, i am not a *******.
If you don't have all the money, the right thing would be to send as much as you can and make payments on the rest. Saying you don't have the money isnt an excuse for not making it to the person you sold the pcm to. You keep saying your not on here to **** someone over but that is exactly what you did and are doing if you don't refund the guy his money.
Old 01-02-2011, 01:24 PM
Staging Lane

Angry Upgraded to claim after $20 Offer

I cannot believe this guy, he wanted me to settle the dispute for $20 claiming that is all he has. It has now been upgraded to a Claim with paypal. One of these days he is going to have to grow up and start wearing big-boy pants and quit this childish bull.
edit: Also in his response to me through paypal he stated "I sold you a 99 LS1 PCM as is". If it was a 99 LS1 PCM we would not be here, would we?

Last edited by jhmws6; 01-02-2011 at 01:40 PM.
Old 01-03-2011, 08:16 PM
Staging Lane

Default Resolution?

Just rec'd a pm from mrburnout81 stating he sold some stuff and will refund me $100 and he wants me to send the pcm back to him. He also would like his negative feedback removed. Told him I will accept the full $110 since i will be paying the shipping (again) and will change his feedback to neutral once everything is taken care of. We'll see how it goes.
Old 01-04-2011, 07:25 PM
Staging Lane

Default Resolution?

Rec'd response from mrburnout81 "Matt" after I sent this reply to his pm;

If you are going to refund the full amount as I requested, let me know. I have contacted my card holder and spoke with the fraud section, I have paperwork to send them concerning this transaction and I will cancel the claim with them if you are. Lets get this overwith and move on.

John[/QUOTE]

really... dude, i sold a couple things i got for christmas to come up with a 100 bucks. thats all i got. if you want to keep dragging this on, then i don't know what to tell you. thats all i got, and all i can give.[/QUOTE]

waiting on response to this last pm I sent him;

I will settle for the $100 back now and when you get some extra cash the other $10. Now if you accept this understand I expect you to honor it because if you accept I will close the dispute with paypal and my card company. I have no problem returning the pcm to you and changing the feedback once we are square. Let me know if you want to handle it this way. And yes I understand it is only an additional $10 but right is right.

We will see how it goes
Old 01-04-2011, 08:20 PM
Staging Lane

Default should be closure

Rec'd the following from Matt:

Re: computer
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhmws6
I will settle for the $100 back now and when you get some extra cash the other $10. Now if you accept this understand I expect you to honor it because if you accept I will close the dispute with paypal and my card company. I have no problem returning the pcm to you and changing the feedback once we are square. Let me know if you want to handle it this way. And yes I understand it is only an additional $10 but right is right.

thats fine
Old 01-04-2011, 08:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Have him send the cash refund first before returning the PCM, then tell him you'll send the PCM to him C.O.D. for the balance of funds owed to you, ya can't tell me he can't bum $10 off someone. Bottom line, make sure you know what you are selling, don't pass the buck, the responsibility falls on the current seller, not some dude that he bought it from months ago.
Old 01-04-2011, 09:01 PM
On The Tree

I am being cool about it, I'm trying to get the money back to him. no, i don't have people i can just get money from, i'm poor, plain and simple. what money i make pays my bills so i have a place to stay and food to eat. why do you think my car just sits and doesn't get fixed, I DON'T HAVE MONEY. but i am doing what i have to, to settle things up, all while i'm trying to do this, i am being portrayed as a d-bag trying to **** this guy. i try to offer him a 100, ya its a few bucks short, but its what i got, hell i sold a few things i got for christmas to come up with it, and they guy refuses it. i'm trying, get off my case

For all i know, **** could be like this....
You bought a f-body computer for your car for 135 bucks from someone else, you recieved that computer and come to find out, ah **** this guy fucked me, its a 03 computer. what do i do now..... few days later you find my ad, with the 99 computer and also parts off a 03 truck, including harness, think to yourself, well ****, i can get his computer, then tell him he gave me the wrong one. get my money back from him, and send him back the 03 computer and keep my good one. so i guess shame on me for not figuring out if i really had a 99 or a 03 computer. **** could be like that, and i'm getting fucked. but i will never know
Old 01-04-2011, 09:19 PM
Staging Lane

Good idea about the pcm but I already told him that when we are square I will send back the pcm and change the negative rating, so it should be fine. I wish this could have been handled between us at the beginning, oh well.

Today, 09:33 PM #8
mrburnout81
On The Tree
2000 Chevrolet Camaro
My Garage

Trader Rating: 6

just play it cool, i don't give a damn. i'm gonna stick with the story, that your ****** me. if only i had some pics of that computer somewhere.....

http://www.fquick.com/mrburnout81

Matt, seriously do you know how that makes you sound. Whatever

Last edited by jhmws6; 01-04-2011 at 09:21 PM. Reason: added quote from mrburnout81
Old 01-05-2011, 12:01 PM
Staging Lane

Im assuming if he had a pic of the pcm; that would mean he actually opened the box when he got it and that he knew what pcm he was actually selling.....hmmm.
Old 01-05-2011, 03:20 PM
Staging Lane

I know what your saying, I just want it over with. If he contacts paypal they will allow the partial payment of $100 and hopefully at some point he will get me the other $10.
Old 01-08-2011, 06:26 PM
Staging Lane

Smile Resolved

Not as expected but resolved anyway. Paypal decided in my favor and after I send the pcm back with tracking info provided to them I will receive a full refund to include shipping. The correct pcm is en-route through another member and I can proceed with the swap. Thanks for putting up with me throughout this and the support.
Old 01-08-2011, 08:20 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by sherm6998
Im assuming if he had a pic of the pcm; that would mean he actually opened the box when he got it and that he knew what pcm he was actually selling.....hmmm.
i stated that when i did buy it originally, i recieved it, opened the box, and looked at it. then i put it on the shelf. i didn't know about the color codes on the plugs, and i really don't think the op did either. if he did, thats what he should of asked me when inquired about purchasing it. but that didn't happen.
Old 01-09-2011, 11:37 AM
Staging Lane

This is from post #32.

Originally Posted by mrburnout81
what do you want me to do? give you money that i don't have. i must have got screwed when i bought it. i'm not trying to dick you around here, i bought a 99 ls1 a4 computer from a member here on this site, I can't find his screen name but I have his name and address, if you want his info i can pm it to you. i bought it to put in my car as i was swapping to a automatic, but decided not to. then sold you the computer, I had never taken it out of his box, till i sold it to you. So as of the time i sent you the computer, it was supposedly a 99 ls1 a4 computer, i had no way of telling the difference, i then sold it to you as a ls1 a4 computer. I am sorry about this situation, as i have said since you brought this to my attention, I told you it was a shitty situation for the beginning. If i still had the money, i would return it, but it has done been spent on christmas presents. I don't have extra money, i'm not rich, i'm sorry. so the best i can do for you, is give you the original sellers info and you can take it up with him, since he is the root of the problem.
thanks for all the negative feedback, i didn't have any negative, cause i don't dick people around, i am upfront, i sell things to the best of my knowledge.

and even if i had sent you pictures would you have known it was the wrong one?
This is post #40:

[QUOTE=mrburnout81;14303291]no, i did not know i got screwed till i sold him the computer. i wouldn't have sold him the computer if i knew it wasn't the right one.QUOTE

So you didnt take it out of the box untill it was sold. You then took it out of the box and
A) had your eyes closed and either just put it back in the box or packaged it in a new box; all with your eyes still close.
B) didnt have a clue if it was an F-Body PCM; and or didnt care.
C) found out you got screwed after "jhmws6" paid for it and since you needed the money because you are so poor, decided to send it to him anyway instead of being honest and refunding his money.

Post #49??? really??

Any way you look at it you are responsible; as paypal aggrees. Just own up to it. Loose the pad and grow a set.
Old 01-12-2011, 12:06 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you are going to sell PCM on here you need to know what you are selling. If you are not sure what it cam out of post up pictures and the hardware numbers.
Members here and help identify what pcm it is before anyone gets burned.
Old 01-12-2011, 12:14 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by salemetro
I'm not so sure that this will work. I know it did NOT in my swap. The van segment did not work for me (02 fbody pcm/98 cluster). I had to have someone put together a segment "from scratch" for my car....and due to BIG problems with my dual-flash pcm, I'm STILL not sure that it's complete. I'll find out in about a week. LOL
****Edited****If you dont have a paid sponsorship here please do not offer services.

-Admin
Old 01-13-2011, 10:40 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by minytrker
On a 99-02 PCM look on the part where you plug in the connectors from the car. Look on the opposite side from where J1 is stamped.

Where this one says green yours should say red.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...w=1008&bih=571

my pcm doesnt have that piece on it at all...

here is what it looks like..

Name:  IMG_4635.jpg
Views: 1459
Size:  24.4 KB
Old 01-13-2011, 10:51 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Punisher_ws7
my pcm doesnt have that piece on it at all...

here is what it looks like..

not really an issue with that sticker that is large enough to even be able to read through your blurry pic that shows it's a 411 PCM...
Old 01-13-2011, 11:02 AM
Launching!

i knew that... my question is the fact that its missing that connector piece on top, Will That be a problem when its installed by my tuner?

Quick Reply: 98 to 99+ PCM Question