Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

can anyone check an EFIlive tune

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 05:23 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default can anyone check an EFIlive tune

hi I just got my car back from a local tuner and things don't work right.
can anyone check that this tune is for a t56 rather than an auto
I'm struggling to get it into reverse.
If not can somebody explain how to convert the tune to manual please
Attached Files
Old 01-15-2011, 06:15 PM
9 Second Club

Received 238 Likes on 177 Posts

Its for a 6 speed. I just glanced through it really fast, it doesnt look like the spent much time on the timing or fuel tables.
Old 01-15-2011, 09:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The timing table is absolute rubbish
Old 01-15-2011, 10:41 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by macca_779
The timing table is absolute rubbish
Wow you aren't kidding... the VE table is 'interesting' as well.
Old 01-16-2011, 12:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Frost
Wow you aren't kidding... the VE table is 'interesting' as well.
Yeah very odd. Whoever the tuner is he's an idiot and shouldn't be tuning car stereos.
Old 01-16-2011, 03:01 AM
Teching In

I agree which is why I bought efi live. and have no trust in any of it. he had the car most of last summer and somehow managed to kill 2 ecus.
when I bought efi live there was a piece of paper saying not to plug your laptop into a wall socket. needless to say he had it plugged into a wall socket. wonder if thats what killed the ecu's.
Anyway I figured with no experiance but prepared to put in the time I could probably do better if anyone has any advice I would love to hear it.
I'm pleased its a manual tune but does anyone see why the reverse lockout seems to stay locked out and why the A/C no longer works .It might just be a coincidence and the gas has leaked out over the summer but I'm not taking anything for granted.
The car is a euro spec 1998 m6 5.7 ls1 with afr 225 heads, thunder racing blower cam, AA Corvette vortech supercharger and all the other usual bits. I retrofitted a 2002 ecu
then took it to be tuned in may, I got the car back in november then felt so annoyed about it ,I just parked it on the garage and ordered my own copy of efi live.
Old 01-16-2011, 03:21 AM
12 Second Club

looks interesting that is for sure, I have only played with the E38 but you said the A/c is not working. Did you do the changes on the 15th??? I notice that G0103 which is A/C Disable TPS, has been changed from "100" to "0". The description for this is If the throttle is above this value, then the A/C compressor will be turned off. So the way I am thinking is that it will never come on. Like I said I havent played with this OS so I could be wrong.
Cheers Ian
Old 01-16-2011, 03:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by c5blo
I agree which is why I bought efi live. and have no trust in any of it. he had the car most of last summer and somehow managed to kill 2 ecus.
when I bought efi live there was a piece of paper saying not to plug your laptop into a wall socket. needless to say he had it plugged into a wall socket. wonder if thats what killed the ecu's.
Anyway I figured with no experiance but prepared to put in the time I could probably do better if anyone has any advice I would love to hear it.
I'm pleased its a manual tune but does anyone see why the reverse lockout seems to stay locked out and why the A/C no longer works .It might just be a coincidence and the gas has leaked out over the summer but I'm not taking anything for granted.
The car is a euro spec 1998 m6 5.7 ls1 with afr 225 heads, thunder racing blower cam, AA Corvette vortech supercharger and all the other usual bits. I retrofitted a 2002 ecu
then took it to be tuned in may, I got the car back in november then felt so annoyed about it ,I just parked it on the garage and ordered my own copy of efi live.
You sure it says wall socket. I've done it plenty of times when tuning on a dyno. They do say don't use an inverter though, which I have had dramas with before.
Old 01-16-2011, 04:10 AM
12 Second Club

You sure it says wall socket. I've done it plenty of times when tuning on a dyno. They do say don't use an inverter though, which I have had dramas with before.
+1, plugged into the wall plenty of times

I thought it was you cant plug into the power from the vehicle you are working on.
Ian
Old 01-16-2011, 05:05 AM
Teching In

"powering your laptop computer from an external source such as the cigarette lighter,
vehicle battery or a wall socket while Flashscan is connected between your laptop and the vehicle, CAN damage Flashscan or your laptop or both"
"Damage will occur when the vehicles ground and your laptop's ground are significantly different.Efilive recomends that you DO NOT power your laptop that way."
thats word for word whats written on this warning quite honestly I'm not sure how you can power it so I have only been using the laptop battery so far
Old 01-16-2011, 05:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

EFILive doesn't kill PCMs, although I've heard of other stuff that has.

The disclaimer is for power inverters that plug into the cars cigarette lighter.
Obviously you don't want to run one when flashing but I personally never had issue with using one for logging with a laptop.

I know the reverse lockout won't work properly if there is no signal from the wheel speed sensors.
Old 01-16-2011, 05:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

FYI the obd2 power is the primary supply for the v2. It switches over and reboots to USB power when you pull the obd2. There is no problems with wall power
Old 01-16-2011, 06:26 AM
Teching In

if powering efi live didn't kill the ecm's do you guys have any idea what did?
Old 01-16-2011, 08:45 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

Unhappy

"if powering efi live didn't kill the ecm's do you guys have any idea what did?"
Maybe, given the mess he made of your tune, he didn't actually brick 2 pcms, he just charged you for them.....
Old 01-16-2011, 09:37 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Old Geezer
"if powering efi live didn't kill the ecm's do you guys have any idea what did?"
Maybe, given the mess he made of your tune, he didn't actually brick 2 pcms, he just charged you for them.....
^^this
Old 01-16-2011, 09:45 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Old Geezer
ok this isn't something I should dwell, on perhaps I should forget this before I get too mad.
So could anybody point me towards a good tutorial on efi live, I have some experiance with hptuners but since the operating system was changed by the tuner hp no longer connects so I need to work with efilive
I seem to have found a good write up on ve tables so need some help with the spark table etc
Efilive
seems a lot more complex than hp but also has a hell of a lot more flexibilty and options
Old 01-16-2011, 02:39 PM
11 Second Club

get on the efi live forum. check out the tutorial on calc ve tuning. It is what I have been using and love it. Very simple. Hell in a easy afternoon you can have a stroker car pretty close.
Old 01-16-2011, 02:44 PM
Teching In

great thanks RPM
Old 01-16-2011, 03:42 PM
9 Second Club

Received 238 Likes on 177 Posts

Yeah very odd. Whoever the tuner is he's an idiot and shouldn't be tuning car stereos.
I was just being nice when I said they didn't spend must time on the tune.
Old 01-16-2011, 04:31 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by minytrker
I was just being nice when I said they didn't spend must time on the tune.
feel free to give me some pointers

Quick Reply: can anyone check an EFIlive tune