Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TREX tune

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 01:03 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default TREX tune

I was wondering if anyone out there had a saved tune from an LS1 car with a TREX cam they could send me. I just put a TREX cam in my '99 Trans Am and I'd like to have a "base" tune from a car with the same cam so I can have somewhere to start while tuning the car. I'm new to tuning and I would greatly appreciate this. Thanks guys.

my email address is hisedj01@students.ipfw.edu
Old 01-16-2011, 05:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll be tuning a TREX cam in a '99 also, but not until the Spring, free bump for ya though!
Old 01-17-2011, 01:50 PM
On The Tree

anyone have an LS1 car with a TREX in it and HP Tuners?
Old 01-18-2011, 03:51 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by AGray89
anyone have an LS1 car with a TREX in it and HP Tuners?
I am by no means a tuner, but from what I have gathered on here and the HP Tuner's forum is that no one is going to just give you a tune for your mods. Im sure people have tunes for a T-Rex, but they worked hard in making the tune so they wont just give it away. I am sure that if you had some questions on where to start, you might have more bites. Also, have you check the bin repository on HP Tuners site yet? Might find something there
Old 01-18-2011, 06:56 AM
TECH Regular

What is your mods list ? did you upgrade the injectors ? what MAF ? do you have wideband ? your O2 sensors are there ? M6 or A4
Old 01-18-2011, 06:57 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Cold Zero
What is your mods list ? did you upgrade the injectors ? what MAF ? do you have wideband ? your O2 sensors are there ? M6 or A4
i upgraded the injectors to 42lb/hr green tops, but ive already changed the IFR table for them. I've got longtube headers, LS6 intake, and TREX cam. Stock MAF, AFX wideband, yes to stock O2 sensors, and A4.

I understand I may not get a full tune from someone, but it was worth a shot...I am try to tune using the methods i've found online with putting your car into SD mode by forcing a MAF "failure", and I move the VE tables until my AFR is where I want it, but once I plug the MAF back in my AFR goes WAY lean again, so I start calibrating the MAF by adjusting the airflow to Hz table for the MAF, and it seems like i'm changing it very drasticly, and I'm still not getting anything but a lean mixture....I would just like a tune that I could cross reference with what I'm doing to make sure I'm doing it right haha.

I'm not looking to just get a tune and load it up onto the car and be done
Old 01-18-2011, 09:48 PM
TECH Regular

You should start tune your car by updating fuel injectors data, setting idle speed and startup with such big cam like that, solving the drivability issues, calibration the MAF and finally do your WOT tuning
Old 01-19-2011, 12:43 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by AGray89
i upgraded the injectors to 42lb/hr green tops, but ive already changed the IFR table for them. I've got longtube headers, LS6 intake, and TREX cam. Stock MAF, AFX wideband, yes to stock O2 sensors, and A4.

I understand I may not get a full tune from someone, but it was worth a shot...I am try to tune using the methods i've found online with putting your car into SD mode by forcing a MAF "failure", and I move the VE tables until my AFR is where I want it, but once I plug the MAF back in my AFR goes WAY lean again, so I start calibrating the MAF by adjusting the airflow to Hz table for the MAF, and it seems like i'm changing it very drasticly, and I'm still not getting anything but a lean mixture....I would just like a tune that I could cross reference with what I'm doing to make sure I'm doing it right haha.

I'm not looking to just get a tune and load it up onto the car and be done

Have you tried looking at all the bins on HP Tuners website?
Old 01-19-2011, 11:22 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Cold Zero
You should start tune your car by updating fuel injectors data, setting idle speed and startup with such big cam like that, solving the drivability issues, calibration the MAF and finally do your WOT tuning
I've updated the IFR table already, set the idle speed at 1100 so it will stay alive (which it does and it starts cold without any help), and I've set the idle airflow and IAC park position table. My issue is pretty much with the VE tables and the MAF calibration. It seems like I have to move the MAF values very far from where they were before I start seeing results. I got the VE table where I want them, but once I plug the MAF back in and go from SD mode, my AFR goes way lean again and I have to move the MAF values pretty far from where they were before seeing results.
Old 01-19-2011, 12:52 PM
TECH Regular

Scan log + your file can help .. use the attachment