PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2006 GTO LS2 ECM wiring questions - what are these things?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 06:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2006 GTO LS2 ECM wiring questions - what are these things?

Motor and ECM (PCM) are 2006 GTO, trying to sort out what a few items are, how they work, and if they are still needed for a swap into a Mazda Miata. Here's the items in question:

1 - "Engine Controls Relay" - Upper left of image. Connects via BRN to ECM C1 pin 10 (labelled "Engine control relay coil control"). This appears to be the main +12v feed to a whole lot of systems. ECM provides a ground, which then triggers the main relay to run everything.

If I understand this, it looks like this is a control source to turn "on" the majority of the engine systems via the battery and the 60A engine fuse (not shown), yes? So I just need to tie all that stuff on the back side of that relay to battery, correct?

2 - "Instrument Panel Fuse Block" - Upper right of image. 2 relays that loop and interconnect, ultimately tied via YEL to PCM C1 pin 19 labelled "Accessory voltage" and via BRN/WHT TCM Pin 11 (not applicable to my T56 car). It appears that there are 3 different voltage sources that get switched to the PCM & TCM for monitoring the accessory voltage based on the location of the ignition.

Is there any reason I can't just tie this to a constant 12v source that is on in ACC, Start and Run? The only thing I can guess is it is a safety thing to make sure multiple circuits are fine (i.e. have voltage).. but it is very strange how it is wired..

3 - "Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor" located on fuel pump cover - upper left of image. Connects to ECM C1 Pin 31 labelled "5V" and ECM C1 Pin 24 labelled "Sensor Signal" -

Can this be disabled in the ECM so it is not monitored?

4 - "Fuel Level Sender Assembly" - Upper right of image. located in fuel tank. Connects via PPL to ECM C1 Pin 37.

Can this also be disabled?

Any input appreciated... Thanks!

Wallyman
Old 01-18-2011, 07:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

At at a quick glance, you seem to be on track with the power feeds. Yes, you can disable the pressure sensor codes, and should not need to worry about the level sender....worst case delete a couple DTC's there as well. Hope this helps.
Old 01-18-2011, 09:03 PM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

perhaps this link will help.

http://www.norotors.com/index.php?topic=846.0

the spreadsheets will give you an idea for your power needs and what can be eliminated

Quick Reply: 2006 GTO LS2 ECM wiring questions - what are these things?