Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

About to order wideband, have a couple questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 01:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by thunderstruck507
Flashscan V2, it's the handheld box that comes with EFI Live.

Didn't realize I needed a cable, I was under the impression the sensor wired into the orange plugs that came with the FSv2, although I must admit I didn't research too much into that part yet.

For $20, I would probably just buy the cable instead of making one.
You can connect analog 5v outputs from your wideband or other devices to the FSv2's analog orange plugs, but then you'll need to configure the voltage out interpolation, but in my limited experience, it's not nearly as accurate, and it's a pain in the ***! (at least it is in HPT anyway.)

The digital input from wideband to FSv2 is well worth the $20 investment in the cable, as it communictates with the FSv2 just like it communicates with your PC (digitally!) -

If the benefits of this are unclear to anyone, let me know, we can hopefully clear it up

Personally, I use a JAW DIY wideband (www.14point7.com) because it's full of features that you can't touch for the price elsewhere, and supposedly the performance is as good or better than LC1/LM1, etc.

No matter what wideband you choose (you already have one, but for anyone else reading..), make sure it's digitally compatible with EFI Live flash scan v2 if your using EFI Live, and you'll be good to go and happy.
Old 06-09-2011, 09:19 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what exactly does the guage tell you? and where does the wbo2 take the readings from?
Old 06-10-2011, 12:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by hixwv
what exactly does the guage tell you? and where does the wbo2 take the readings from?
The WBO2 is located at the header collector.

The gauge tells you the AFR based on exhaust gas oxygen content (more correctly called "Lambda"); it displays AFR based on stoichiometric being assumed to be something close to 14.7 (i.e. it displays Lambda * stoich).