Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How not to tune!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 07:30 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by OUTLAWZ RACING
Oh jesus You must have been really pissed ! Thats the first time Ive heard or read VA speed dissin some body.
I don't think I've ever posted anything negative about another tuner as long as I've been on the boards. If I have, it was probably about Creech. LOL

Originally Posted by Hemi2Slo
Some tuners just plain suck.
Ain't dat da tr00f.
Old 04-05-2011, 05:56 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just "WOW"!

Holy crap. letting employees drive 500 miles around in customers cars when the customer has no clue as to what is going on?!

And he says the employee stole the car from the shop, but never in their reply on CF.com did they say they "fired" or "Had Arrested" the employee for "Stealing" that C6.

And now his tunes are all jacked up to all hell? This guy has a business still? ****, I am going to open up a tuning shop myself, even though I KNOW NOTHING about tuning! I should be able to keep my doors open for a good 3-4 years with the way customers seem to be these days. Take bad tunes, pay top dollar. Go home, have bad tune. Not care and go somewhere else and pay top dollar to have it fixed, yet never bad mouthing me or my company.

Yup, business I will open. LOL
Old 04-08-2011, 12:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I remember when his hired man crashed that vette. I know he isn't well liked on the corvette forum
Old 04-08-2011, 03:27 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by FreakishSpeed
just "WOW"!

Holy crap. letting employees drive 500 miles around in customers cars when the customer has no clue as to what is going on?!

And he says the employee stole the car from the shop, but never in their reply on CF.com did they say they "fired" or "Had Arrested" the employee for "Stealing" that C6.

And now his tunes are all jacked up to all hell? This guy has a business still? ****, I am going to open up a tuning shop myself, even though I KNOW NOTHING about tuning! I should be able to keep my doors open for a good 3-4 years with the way customers seem to be these days. Take bad tunes, pay top dollar. Go home, have bad tune. Not care and go somewhere else and pay top dollar to have it fixed, yet never bad mouthing me or my company.

Yup, business I will open. LOL
Originally Posted by mvvette97
I remember when his hired man crashed that vette. I know he isn't well liked on the corvette forum
This thread don't have **** to do with that Corvette.
Old 02-19-2012, 09:10 AM
Teching In

Man and i have a appointment friday. This kinda stuff gets me worried.
Old 02-19-2012, 09:47 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Ls2R1Rx7
Man and i have a appointment friday. This kinda stuff gets me worried.
I'd be scared.
Old 02-19-2012, 10:57 AM
Teching In

Its a simple Ls2 car with bolt ons..just trying to get my car a base tune and see about my throttle body relearn. Its N/a goes from 11.8 to 11.4 full throttle on my wideband...not a pro but i know that aint right
Old 02-25-2012, 08:23 PM
Staging Lane

Default tune

I wouldn't take it there!
Old 02-25-2012, 11:49 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Ls2R1Rx7
Its a simple Ls2 car with bolt ons..just trying to get my car a base tune and see about my throttle body relearn. Its N/a goes from 11.8 to 11.4 full throttle on my wideband...not a pro but i know that aint right
Just go straight to edcmat-l1...you probably won't find a better professional tuner in a 300 mile radius...if not further....even on a basic bolt on car that doesn't need a ton of tuning work.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Did anyone look at the Trans tune? I'm not a tuner, but to me a 1-2 shift speed of 90 mph and 8k RPM anywhere over a 50% TPS seems impossible? Why would anyone do this? Is it not using the PCM to control the trans? If this is truly the intent I'm sure that my 8 year old could put some numbers in that would work about as well.

Last edited by ScottyBG; 02-27-2012 at 01:56 PM.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:15 PM
9 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by gametech
The truly sad part of this thread is that I had to wonder which "pro" tuner you were talking about. This **** is more comon than ANYONE wants to admit.
Makes business good for the legit tuners though! Keep up the good work Ed. It's crazy some of the stuff you see from time to time. I had one come in not long ago that was previously tuned and had the firing order wrong.... who changes that on a bolt-on car? LMAO I guess that would have been called the "Lope" tune LOL
Old 02-27-2012, 11:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by LSxPwrDZ
Makes business good for the legit tuners though! Keep up the good work Ed. It's crazy some of the stuff you see from time to time. I had one come in not long ago that was previously tuned and had the firing order wrong.... who changes that on a bolt-on car? LMAO I guess that would have been called the "Lope" tune LOL
Got news for you. That firing order in the calibration is only for misfire detection. It will not change the actual firing order. Also many people say it is changed when it is actually in the same order but just starts with a different cylinder as the first in the list.
Old 02-28-2012, 08:18 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by ScottyBG
Did anyone look at the Trans tune? I'm not a tuner, but to me a 1-2 shift speed of 90 mph and 8k RPM anywhere over a 50% TPS seems impossible? Why would anyone do this? Is it not using the PCM to control the trans? If this is truly the intent I'm sure that my 8 year old could put some numbers in that would work about as well.
Thanks for the props Mike!!
Old 02-28-2012, 08:20 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by ScottyBG
I know that looked really bad, but it was a manually shifted 4L80. No need for the trans tune at all.
Old 02-28-2012, 11:10 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by INTMD8
Very nice! BTW, I tweaked the VE table for you free of charge if you want to try it out.

You should have scene the look on my wife's face when I laughed out loud then showed her what I was laughing at.... priceless
Old 02-29-2012, 09:47 PM
9 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 2xLS1
Got news for you. That firing order in the calibration is only for misfire detection. It will not change the actual firing order. Also many people say it is changed when it is actually in the same order but just starts with a different cylinder as the first in the list.
Either way it was wrong... lol. Someone had basically copied over 98 values into this 99-up tune because the values were identical to a 98 which are just offset one cell.

Quick Reply: How not to tune!!