PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Went lean on bottle, could tuner have added fuel?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 10:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just use the darn wideband and start rich 10.5-11.0 and sneak it to 11.5 at the hit and as bottle pressure declines as the run progresses you will end up at 11.0. Reading plugs is good but you need to understand the basics, you can also check timing by the "timing ring" on the plug strap. Make sure your AAA membership is paid up if your widebanding your way to 14.0 and up on spray. JMO
Old 04-28-2011, 11:12 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm glad you're on Ed's side.
Old 04-28-2011, 11:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by JonCR96Z
I'm glad you're on Ed's side.
Not on anyones "side", just advice from experience.
Old 05-01-2011, 06:08 PM
Teching In

Ok guys I am the one that tuned the car! I did a street tune on it first to get the drive ablility right and most the wot stuff done I like to get real world wot done one the street with my wideband because thats where you drive the car ust a prefrence. Then i put it on the dyno to see what timing it liked the best wich was 25 degrees and the af was 12.8. Then we tried the spray and it started at around high 11s low 12s right off the hit then went straight up from there to 13 and thats where i let off most kits i have tuned with stock jetting from the company stay in the 11s. So with that being said i agree we should hook up a fuel pressure gauge but i just kinda assumed that something was not up to par so i told him to get it figured out rather be safe than sorry. btw the timing on bottle was 19 peak. PS owner of the car contact me and we can get this thing going
Old 05-01-2011, 07:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jkalwei
Ok guys I am the one that tuned the car! I did a street tune on it first to get the drive ablility right and most the wot stuff done I like to get real world wot done one the street with my wideband because thats where you drive the car ust a prefrence. Then i put it on the dyno to see what timing it liked the best wich was 25 degrees and the af was 12.8. Then we tried the spray and it started at around high 11s low 12s right off the hit then went straight up from there to 13 and thats where i let off most kits i have tuned with stock jetting from the company stay in the 11s. So with that being said i agree we should hook up a fuel pressure gauge but i just kinda assumed that something was not up to par so i told him to get it figured out rather be safe than sorry. btw the timing on bottle was 19 peak. PS owner of the car contact me and we can get this thing going

Will do. I put in a new wideband 02 sensor, the old one was shot from running so rich. That's why it was reading lean when wot. I put in a new fuel pressure sending unit, it reads 58psi. at idle and at wot it drops to 52psi when hitting it na. To me it seems to be dropping quite abit for a walbro 255.
Im going to make sure my timing tricker is working 100% before I bring it back to you. I figured we can play with the jets and maybe atleast get a 100shot out of her if the fp will hold up. I have about 30 jets on me, so hopefully we can find the right combo. If the fp won't hold up, then Im def. going to get a standalone.

Quick Reply: Went lean on bottle, could tuner have added fuel?