Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What wideband should I get???

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 05:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What wideband should I get???

I am looking to purchase HP Tuners so I can do my own tuning and figure I might as well get a wideband as well. What wideband has everyone seen the best real world results from? Any particular ones that I should stay away from? I hate wireing with a passion so finding one that is plug and play would be really nice!
Old 05-01-2011, 05:58 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

FAST has one that I use(#170579), easiest ever, and its only $200! Its perfect for HPTuners. It has a power and ground, then two more wires that connect directly to HPTuners.

The newest beta of HPTuners has the FAST wideband as a selection so you dont need a custom pid either. It wont display anything without you logging on your computer, but if you want an inexpencive wideband for tuning, this is a great option. I tuck it up under my dash, and simply have the USB cord that I plug into my laptop.

Old 05-01-2011, 06:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

That one looks to be what im looking for. I have been checking out the LM-1/2 and I like those but they seem to be a little over kill, even if I tune a few friends cars.
Old 05-01-2011, 06:47 PM
TECH Addict

Innovate widebands can be a PITA...i've got a LC-1 AND a LM-2.

I recently put a Dynojet Wideband 2 in my car and i LOVE it. it was simple to wire up, pretty much like the FAST mentioned above. I had to make a pid for it in HP Tuners but it was easy. the only thing i wish i would have done was bought the cable that lets you log in HP Tuners and allows the gauge to still operate. without that cable, i have to unplug the gauge when i'm tuning and plug in a different one that runs to the EIO. It's not a big deal at all, just thought i'd mention it.
Old 05-01-2011, 07:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 2000_SS

I recently put a Dynojet Wideband 2 in my car and i LOVE it. it was simple to wire up, pretty much like the FAST mentioned above. I had to make a pid for it in HP Tuners but it was easy. the only thing i wish i would have done was bought the cable that lets you log in HP Tuners and allows the gauge to still operate. without that cable, i have to unplug the gauge when i'm tuning and plug in a different one that runs to the EIO. It's not a big deal at all, just thought i'd mention it.
Thanks for the info, I will look into that one as well. I am glad I asked because i had no idea there were so many companies that made widebands
Old 05-02-2011, 07:21 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

We sell alot of LM-2 and AEM widebands. I personally have a LM-2 and it works with HPT fine.
Old 05-02-2011, 01:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sho-me speed
We sell alot of LM-2 and AEM widebands. I personally have a LM-2 and it works with HPT fine.
Does the LM-2 require any wire spliceing? I have been looking at the LM-1 and LM-2 and I dont think either of them do.
Old 05-03-2011, 12:31 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RJB01camaross
Does the LM-2 require any wire spliceing? I have been looking at the LM-1 and LM-2 and I dont think either of them do.
No sir. Just run the lead to the HPT Pro and plug the cig lighter in and you are good to go.
Old 05-03-2011, 02:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SweetS10V8
FAST has one that I use(#170579), easiest ever, and its only $200! Its perfect for HPTuners. It has a power and ground, then two more wires that connect directly to HPTuners.

The newest beta of HPTuners has the FAST wideband as a selection so you dont need a custom pid either. It wont display anything without you logging on your computer, but if you want an inexpencive wideband for tuning, this is a great option. I tuck it up under my dash, and simply have the USB cord that I plug into my laptop.

No display = Disaster if something was to arise. The only display is through the laptop? IMO, kinda hard to drive and watch the screen at the same time. Just my 2 cents.
Old 05-03-2011, 02:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Have you looked at the Powerdex AFX ?

http://www.ngksparkplugs.com/product...x.asp?mode=nml
Old 05-03-2011, 08:17 PM
TECH Veteran

+1 for NGK
Old 05-04-2011, 08:11 AM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Another +1 for the NGK
Old 05-04-2011, 11:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sweet_SS
No display = Disaster if something was to arise. The only display is through the laptop? IMO, kinda hard to drive and watch the screen at the same time. Just my 2 cents.
That's why we have EFI live. Put v2 in a universal holder and there is your free wb gauge.
Old 05-06-2011, 07:21 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Sweet_SS
It works great for what it is, an inexpencive wideband. Have you seen another wideband for $200 that is a simple plug an play for HPtuners? Its worked great for me!

If you want a display they have one of those too, its more expencive and it has two widebands. You could say everyone else only running a single wideband sensor in one bank = disaster if something was to arise in the other bank.
Old 05-07-2011, 12:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SweetS10V8
It works great for what it is, an inexpencive wideband. Have you seen another wideband for $200 that is a simple plug an play for HPtuners? Its worked great for me!

If you want a display they have one of those too, its more expencive and it has two widebands. You could say everyone else only running a single wideband sensor in one bank = disaster if something was to arise in the other bank.
http://www.plxdevices.com/wideband.html very easy and cheap to convert to digital too
Old 05-08-2011, 09:05 AM
Banned

lc1+.....
Old 05-10-2011, 05:44 PM
On The Tree

I got a LM2 after watching their video and it looked like what I needed but now that I have it nothing but junk and Innovate doesn't really stand behind it, I sent it back 2 times and both time I got it back still junk, A friend of mine said his customers have more trouble with Innovate than any other, Hope others had better luck than me
Old 05-10-2011, 07:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

[QUOTE=Double-L;14897402]I got a LM2 after watching their video and it looked like what I needed but now that I have it nothing but junk and Innovate doesn't really stand behind it, I sent it back 2 times and both time I got it back still junk, A friend of mine said his customers have more trouble with Innovate than any other, Hope others had better luck than me[/QU

I was torn between the LM-1 and LM-2 but you arent the first to tell me about issues with thoose units. I think im going with the FAST since its plug and play and doesnt seen to need wire spliceing
Old 05-11-2011, 05:16 PM
TECH Addict

My LM-2 is sitting in its box...started throwing codes and firmware update didn't help...didn't get a response to my "help" email, so i don't know what to do....i need a portable wideband, but not really sure what else is out there.
Old 05-11-2011, 05:32 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 2000_SS

I've got the LC1 in my 2001 T/A, I have standard hp tuners, so i cheated and soldered a ECM pin onto the wire and pluged it directly in the the ECM were the EGR wire would normally be.
Yes the 2001 didnt have EGR but the pin is still there on the computer, so all i do is log EGR aka wideband AFR to do my tuning.

Quick Reply: What wideband should I get???