PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Multi-tune options?

Old 05-08-2011, 10:08 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Multi-tune options?

I'm new to GM tuning, but are there any devices out there for the newer cars to act as a 'bin-switcher' type device? Say, I have to have 2 tunes, a mild, 87 octane fuel economy tune, and a ragged-edge 93 octane tune, and can switch on the fly? Kind of like this product for BMW's:

http://www.racersmarket.net/index.ph...mart&Itemid=93
Old 05-08-2011, 11:23 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

None that allow real time switches (if that's what you're looking for). The GM ECM/PCM's have low and high octane spark tables which depending on the gas in the tank it will reference as base spark. Some also have a lean cruise feature but are not enabled for US vehicles. There are also other options like a custom operating system which has more tables and flexibility compared to the stock ECM.
Old 05-08-2011, 11:28 AM
10 Second Club

I should also mention EFILive has the standalone datalog and flash option called the V2 (check their website and forum for details). This allows logging and flashing without a laptop and can store quite a few tunes/logs with a SD card installed. However it still does not allow switchable tunes (for gas vehicles) on the fly, but does offer the convenience of a handheld.
Old 05-08-2011, 11:32 AM
Launching!

Does anybody do custom remote tuning? Like, I send them my PCM, and a complete parts list, they create and flash a tune to it. I go dyno the car with wideband AFR date, and send it back for a revision if necessary? Or am I better off dropping the coin to buy something like HPTuners or EFILive and paying my friend (Owner oF TRM above) to tune it (and then re-selling the box at probably a significant loss)? I am not doing the tuning, I have no desire to play with it, and I just want a tune thats perfect that I can drive away with and forget about. Chance of me modding this engine once the motor swap is complete is nearly 0.
Old 05-08-2011, 11:38 AM
10 Second Club

There are quite a few tuners on this board who can do mail order tunes as a base tune and continue support through e-mail, but you need the software to flash the PCM and also send them datalogs as a reference. Another option is to find a local LS tuner in your area to help out.

Chance of me modding this engine once the motor swap is complete is nearly 0
Famous last words.
Old 05-08-2011, 11:42 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by DrkPhx
Famous last words.

No, really - I absolutely HATE the build/project part. I only do it because I'm cheap, and refuse to pay somebody to do something that I can more than likely do better. I prefer to spend my time driving my vehicles, not turning wrenches. For example, turning wrenches and 'tinkering' creates alot of downtime in the paddock when you decide to go to the track. And when you pay ~$500 to spend a weekend at a road course - downtime is tooootally FTL
Old 05-08-2011, 11:45 AM
Banned

https://ls1tech.com/forums/new-produ...s-one-pcm.html
Old 05-08-2011, 01:20 PM
Banned

Those ron't switch on the fly, the only thing that will switch on the fly is a Moates Roadrunner. If you're willing to stut it off, you might as well store multiable tune on a EFI V2
Old 05-08-2011, 01:43 PM
FormerVendor

We offer Dual-Flash units that are professionally built
Originally Posted by CalEditor@PCMCalibrators
For the summer special we are letting the Dual-Flash PCM's go out the door for $350 + shipping for complete units that will not need additional licensing.

We will convert your PCM for $375
Old 05-08-2011, 05:45 PM
Launching!

What about using some of these handheld devices for tuning, like the Superchips, Diablosport, etc.??
Old 05-08-2011, 10:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You can do live switching in of modified timing and VE in EFI live. It's not full dual maps but it will get you what you want.

Search this Thread