Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EFI live Help

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2004, 12:48 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EFI live Help

Ok guys, Not to sound like a complete moron, but i just purchased my version of EFI live and when i got everythign up and runnign it continues to ask me for the registration, when i enter the reg serial number and key, It wont go away it just keeps popping up, I'm almost certian i've got EVERYTHING enterd correctly paying special attention to upper and lower case stuff, heres the thing my Key has no Lower case letters, i enter that in along with the serial number that was given to me and it wont go through, Do i have to enter in something in the name field? or is that just for personalization?.. Has ANYONE ELSE had this problem with EFI Live V6.20?
Old 02-28-2004, 05:10 AM
Restricted User

The key you have *may* be a V5 key. (Some escaped during the change-over from V5 to V6).

Otherwise, check the following when entering your registration for V6:
1. V6 serial numbers are *always* 12 digits long (V5 serial numbers are 16 digits, the serial number printed on the interface sticker is 8 digits), add or remove zeros from the left of the serial number to make it 12 digits for EFILive V6.
2. The key must contain 4 sets of 4 uppercase letters (no digits) and must include the hyphen "-" characters between each group of 4 character.

If you believe you have a V5 license key, you can have it upgraded (free) to a V6 license here: http://www.efilive.com/upgrade.html

Regards
Paul

P.S. If you're still having trouble, send an email to support@efilive.com - I'll look out for it.
Old 02-28-2004, 11:37 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I recall getting hung up because of not checking the
proper little box for "Professional" vs standard.
Old 02-28-2004, 11:26 PM
Teching In

If you are following the instructions exactly, then I bet you got a registration sheet that did not have the hyphen in between the sets of registration letters. Just a little slip-up. Just add a hyphen in between each set of 4 letters and it will work.

I had the same problem.