PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4.8 4l60-e in third gen camaro pcm tuning info needed

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2011, 05:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4.8 4l60-e in third gen camaro pcm tuning info needed

I recently stuck a cheap laying around 4.8 low k 4l60-e tranny in my 83 camaro just for sh*ts n giggles. I have a ford 9" strange spooler 4:10 strange axles ladder bars line lock ratchet shifter etc etc I am getting it tuned to remove vts , rev limiter rear o2's evap crap leaving egr, front o2's etc as the ontario police mto tarts pull cars off the road if emissions is messed with so I have to leave some stuff tee hee. Anyway I was wondering what I have to do to get the 4l60 to accept my 4:10 gear and tires size in hp tuner ? I dont own the unit Im getting my friends buddy to do a simple tune to get me rolling till I buy my own HP tuner unit Does anyone know what stuff I should modify to make her a little more peppy or what ever and get the tranny to read the speedo correct ?. ANY info would be great .. there has to be someone who's done a 5.3 third gen with 4l60-e but everyone around here hates the 4.8 for some reason and run stick so 4l60-e info is scarce.... oh my car has no power brakes or power steering running truck intake LOL 2" harwood hood to allow it to shut Thanx again guys great site.