Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chassis dyno

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2011, 08:10 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chassis dyno

This goes out to people who own use a chassis dyno regularly.

Shopping for one to purchase within the upcoming year. So far have gotten some good comments from another forum. Was wondering if any here would car to share their thoughts.

We would be doing street performance, drag racing, some light trucks, 2wd only at this time. But we may want to upgrade to awd at a later date.
Old 12-21-2011, 08:19 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ive run a SuperFlow Dual Eddy Current Chassis dyno for the past 6 years. It works well, and I like the way the software works.

Ive also done some work with an Ego-jet, I mean DynoJet..... It seems to work well also.

Whatever you do, get a dyno with an eddy current. Or your limited to doing WOT "fun runs" only and not doing any part throttle runing. The most important thing is consistancy, thats partly determined by the dyno and a lot to do with the dyno operator. You need more scientific controls than "Hey the coolant temp is 200, step on the gas!"
Old 12-22-2011, 02:34 AM
Teching In

I have a dynojet 224xlc and a dynojet 250ix. Love them both
Old 12-22-2011, 07:14 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I personally like Mustang eddy current dynos...
Old 12-23-2011, 09:54 AM
TECH Addict

Yeah, i like the mustang ones as well. Seem to be better luck with them. Read a little lower than others around, but a tool is a tool.

When you are ready though, I have a few i wouldnt mind getting rid of. I have a awd Dynojet that is Near brand new that i just dont ever use. Also, a mustang 2wd dyno 250hd.

The mustang one i use all the time, it is a low profile with ramps. I just bought a 4wd pod dyno setup now so i wont be using the others as much.
Old 12-27-2011, 10:58 AM
TECH Addict

I have been really curious about the Land and Sea and the new Dynocom
Old 12-27-2011, 06:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

I also like the Mustang Dyno's. It would at least HAVE to be a eddy brake dyno. There are just so many things you can do with them that you can't do on an inertia dyno.
Old 12-27-2011, 07:38 PM
TECH Addict

I have been looking at the dynocom 5000 2wd eddy current dyno for our shop in marietta. Talked to a couple folks that have been very pleased with theirs.
Old 12-28-2011, 12:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Sarg
I have been really curious about the Land and Sea and the new Dynocom
Me as well. The AWD-5000-FX looks VERY interesting.
Old 12-28-2011, 05:44 AM
TECH Addict

And extremely reasonable price. We would like an awd unit, but it is just not in the budget right now. The cool part is the 5000 series can be upgraded later.
Old 12-28-2011, 02:01 PM
gpr
TECH Enthusiast

I would recommend to stay way from land and sea. I purchased a used dyno setup and it has been nothing but a nightmare for me. I have spent countless hours on the phone with their "tech" support. Honestly, the answer to everything is to buy more stuff and to purchase updates. Several thousands later and i still have the same issues and their answer is to buy more tech support.....
Old 12-28-2011, 04:58 PM
7 Second Club

i have a Dyno Dynamics 450DS which has been pretty damm good, had a few minor issues when it was first installed but they were fixed up straight away,

this is my second DD dyno, my first was 17 years old and still working perfectly, the only things that were done to it was a new set of rollers at $3k and a new retarder after a electrician put the wrong breaker in our fuse box and blew the retarder up when it got wet and that was about $7k with recalibrations and shipping etc...

ive graphed 1100hp cars on it no problems at all, even 6 sec alterds have not been a problem..

some cars can be a little fussy to strap down but you figure out pretty quick what works and what dosent,
Old 12-28-2011, 05:30 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by gpr
I would recommend to stay way from land and sea. I purchased a used dyno setup and it has been nothing but a nightmare for me. I have spent countless hours on the phone with their "tech" support. Honestly, the answer to everything is to buy more stuff and to purchase updates. Several thousands later and i still have the same issues and their answer is to buy more tech support.....
Just out of curiosity, what issue are you having. I worked closely with a shop for a while that had a very nice 60" roller AWD Land and Sea that was SUPER nice. The only issue they had was that in AWD mode if you applied the brake too hard it would cause one of the belts to slip off and get destroyed...I am not too sure it was not an installation issue to be honest as they installed it themselves. Other than that it seemed to work flawlessly and was very repeatable.
Old 05-16-2012, 07:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Bringing this one back from the dead....

I'm looking at Dynocom again, and seeing very mixed reviews...mostly from 4 years ago. Anyone ever use one of the Dynocom units? Do they hold a steady-state load very accurately? Any info at all on these from actual owners...not salespeople?
Old 05-16-2012, 07:50 PM
TECH Addict

Been looking at those as well!
Old 05-17-2012, 12:15 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

we run a mustang awd-500. i have experience with dynojet 224 series as well.

I love the mustang. no adjustment for awd, just drive the car on. dyno is a hoss too, and the eddy is so versatile its incredible. imo the mustang software sucks compared to the dynojet, but other than that its great
Old 05-17-2012, 02:00 AM
9 Second Club

Received 221 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by salemetro
Bringing this one back from the dead....

I'm looking at Dynocom again, and seeing very mixed reviews...mostly from 4 years ago. Anyone ever use one of the Dynocom units? Do they hold a steady-state load very accurately? Any info at all on these from actual owners...not salespeople?
Heard nothing but horror stories about there dyno's. I rented one before and it was nothing but problems and it was brand new. If you search you will find ALOT of bad reviews, found way more bad than good. I have personally owned a dynojet 224x it worked flowless but was about worthless for tuning without the eddy brake. If I ever buy another dyno it will be a mustang dyno.
Old 05-17-2012, 02:51 AM
ctd
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I was near ready to go with Dyno Com, then I took the time to call a few owner's within an approx. 500 mile radius.

Previous Land & Sea experience in the 2 stroke world ruled them out. I did call em up however.

DD was high on my list, they are expensive & were having financial issue's when I was shopping.

In the end I called Mustang, told them what I was looking to do & how much I was prepared to spend. They said they could do it within my budget, so I went that way. Turned out to be a ******* nightmare problem & I had to push way to hard in order to get them to first accept the problem then correct it.
Old 05-18-2012, 08:39 AM
TECH Addict

I still have a few dynos for sale if anyone is interested. An all wheel drive "or could be split into 2 seperate dynos" I think the model was 248awd from dynojet. It is a 248 rear and 224 front. BARELY used, dont even have tire marks on the rollers.

And a mustang 250 with eddy. Both not used much.

I want to sell one or both. No hurry though.
Old 05-18-2012, 11:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Wait4me,u still doing dyno tunes??

Quick Reply: Chassis dyno