PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

.tun to compare

Old 03-30-2012, 03:33 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default .tun to compare

Lookin for anyone who has some .tun files I can look at on my efi live. I'm not loading these onto my car. I'm teaching myself how to tune. I just finished an ls1 swap with a very large cam similar to g5x3, with 80mmtb, zo6 maf, 3" longtubes, ls6 intake and all supporting mods minus injectors. This is a m6. I just wanna compare what others have done with there large cam cars on there ve tables and basically whole tune. I'm currently doing the efilive forums tutorials.

Tunefiledepot (holdencrazy) used to host modified tunes but that section has now been shut down. So if anyone has tunes on hand that are close to mine post up the .tun file here or email me at rlfdavin@gmail.com

As stated again these are not going to be loaded. I just wanna compare bc I know tuning these large cam with overlap can be tricky. And I'm teaching myself small steps at time. This is just project car weekend warrior. Full cam spec if needed. No I don't want a mail order tune or take it to someone. I have taught myself over The years to swap engines, full internal mods, and custom fab. I can teach myself this.

Thanks
Old 03-31-2012, 07:49 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where are you located? Maybe there is someone near you that can help you out... Just giving you the tune to compare probably won't help a lot, because there are so many changes that you really need to know why they were done - especially idle tuning (the hardest part of all)...
Old 04-01-2012, 04:10 AM
Staging Lane

im in dfw. i have actually been reading up on doing the ve tables first. following this thread. http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36318

now granted im using efi live. Im still going through there tutorials also. im just kinda reading this thread even though its hptuners to see how these guys went about doing a big cam tune.

ya i understand a lot needs to be changed, i was just looking at your basic ve numbers idle/spark etc. But this thread shows a lot.
Old 04-01-2012, 04:12 AM
Staging Lane

blk are you on efi live forum? i posted up some logging files of my base tune. i wanna make sure im logging everything the right way. should i post up my efi log files here too?
Old 04-01-2012, 06:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

3" long tubes. Those are pretty big. fyi - most are 1 3/4-1 7/8 but I think some are 2".
Old 04-01-2012, 07:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I am sure he probably means they have 3" collectors on the headers into 3" exhaust all the way back.......But like stated i would check around for some local tuners, or send your log to a good tuner, and have them email you back a tuned log file for your setup, then you could compair them.....
Old 04-01-2012, 07:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Yeah, I know. I guess he's just not too familiar with cars in general.
Old 04-01-2012, 09:40 AM
Staging Lane

Bwahahaha I'm very familiar with cars I did the whole swap and fabrication myself. I did mean 3" collectors-and exhaust out back. No point sending a tune to someone who will charge me. I'm already figuring this stuff out slowly (tuning)
Old 04-01-2012, 07:25 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dm79
blk are you on efi live forum? i posted up some logging files of my base tune. i wanna make sure im logging everything the right way. should i post up my efi log files here too?
Yes, I'm on EFILive - but I don't usually go through every post. Post up your log here. Are you using a wideband? I sent you an email - send me your tune and I'd be glad to look it over and email it back to you with any needed changes - then you can run a comparison and see what's different... and ask any questions about why.

Last edited by BLK02WS6; 04-01-2012 at 07:35 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: .tun to compare